Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
And the LCD screen in the centre console is far too bright at night, too much glare.

You can maybe fix this bit in CM Showroom. Load it up, turn the car lights on and stick the camera in the cockpit, click directly on the LCD display - it's listed as Object003 and #Material160 in the info tab.
Click on the 3 dots next to #material160 and then click the "Change Values" button in the next set of options. Go to the first set of values - KsAmbient. It's set to 0.2, try 0.02 first, it dims the screen a decent amount, then go from there.

I'm having an issue where on some mods, the steering wheel lightly goes back and forth while moving. no matter what speed.
Left right left right left right repeat.
Can someone point me to how to fix it? I assume it's in the car but does the track matter as well?

... Pivot point for "fuel gauge" no good...
Using 3DsimED, open ferrari_355_challenge.kn5, isolate cockpit, isolate essence_gauge, geometric centre model, set pivot point 5mm up from the bottom, pivot centre model. Copy Faces.
Go back to cockpit, delete essence_gauge, paste faces name it arrow_petrol as arrow_fuel already exists, place it within the fuel gauge.
Export cockpit.kn5
Go back to ferrari_355_challenge.kn5, delete cockpit. Export ferrari_355_challenge.kn5
(re)Open ferrari_355_challenge.kn5, add primitive cockpit. Export ferrari_355_challenge.kn5

[FUEL_INDICATOR]
ZERO=-45
STEP=1.0465
OBJECT_NAME=arrow_petrol
OBJECT_NAME_MAX=
MIN_VALUE=0

Main Body with the rear grille separated, download here.

Last edited:
Oki for the bmw sauber problem, i just rename the folder of the car just before upload causing error with the data.acd so i my memory ( i don’t have my pc for the moment) just rename f1_bmwsauber in f1_bmw_sauber, its fix normally the error :)
I´m sorry but I don´t understand the fix... Can you elaborate, please? :)

Using 3DsimED, open ferrari_355_challenge.kn5, isolate cockpit, isolate essence_gauge, geometric centre model, set pivot point 5mm up from the bottom, pivot centre model. Copy Faces.
Go back to cockpit, delete essence_gauge, paste faces name it arrow_petrol as arrow_fuel already exists, place it within the fuel gauge.
Export cockpit.kn5
Go back to ferrari_355_challenge.kn5, delete cockpit. Export ferrari_355_challenge.kn5
(re)Open ferrari_355_challenge.kn5, add primitive cockpit. Export ferrari_355_challenge.kn5

[FUEL_INDICATOR]
ZERO=-45
STEP=1.0465
OBJECT_NAME=arrow_petrol
OBJECT_NAME_MAX=
MIN_VALUE=0

Main Body with the rear grille separated, download here.

Thanks a lot for your help, unfortunately I can’t apply your work

- For the body, the rear lights disappear
- For the "fuel meter" I block from the: set pivot point 5mm up from the bottom ,

1568543305-capture-d-ecran-232.png

thanks again !

Hi,
I currently work on a billboard update for the Sentul Circuit which is available on RD. For you who have the track too, could you please advise (since I don´t own 3DSimEd) which line has to be added in an .ini file to remove those ugly huge billboards which are attached around the track? They aren´t available in real life so I don´t need them on the track.
Also the ****** grass textures should get some treatment...

upload_2019-9-15_13-8-12.png

Thank you.

Hi,
I currently work on a billboard update for the Sentul Circuit which is available on RD. For you who have the track too, could you please advise (since I don´t own 3DSimEd) which line has to be added in an .ini file to remove those ugly huge billboards which are attached around the track? They aren´t available in real life so I don´t need them on the track.
Also the ****** grass textures should get some treatment...

Thank you.

sentul_circuit.jpg

Removed huge billboards, made grass a bit darker and blue buildings a bit lighter.
Track could be illuminated, but this takes a bit longer. :)
Extract into ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\sentul_circuit.ini
and enjoy. :dopey: :cheers:
If you´re interested, made also a quick´n´dirty vao-patch ...

PS: new updated version: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-529#post-12867904

Attachments

• sentul_circuit.zip
    577 bytes · Views: 43
Last edited:
View attachment 851076
Removed huge billboards, made grass a bit darker and blue buildings a bit lighter.
Track could be illuminated, but this takes a bit longer. :)
Extract into ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\sentul_circuit.ini
and enjoy. :dopey: :cheers:
If you´re interested, made also a quick´n´dirty vao-patch ...
Very nice, could you apply the same technique to Tokyo Route 246 to get rid of those huge billboards and robot things too?

- For the body, the rear lights disappear
- For the "fuel meter" I block from the: set pivot point 5mm up from the bottom ,
thanks again !

You're welcome, replace 355_BODY_002, not 355_BODY.
Get to it via Edit>Object by Name

Once you have 'essence_gauge' isolated, go Edit>Center Model>Bottom Center Model. Then Edit>Center Model>Set Pivot Point, X=0.00 Y=0.00 Z=0.005. Then Edit>Center Model>Pivot Center Model. Then Copy All, and do the rest as in the first post.
(I changed the method slightly)

Sorry, here the new version. Didn´t seen there was a pre-build vao-patch available. With this patch 3d grass got to bright.
3d grass now darkened more, horrizon darkened a bit, medium billboards removed too.

Attachments

• sentul_circuit.zip
    577 bytes · Views: 49
Hello people, ive just released my Adelaide Superloop 500 re-mix.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/adelaide-superloop-500-re-mix.28713/

screenshot_supercars_holden_adelaide2011_15-9-119-18-17-51-jpg.324616

Not sure but this track could use an ini update, and some track lights but that's not my expertise.
Is this for Adelaide 2011 by rainmaker?
Sorry, here the new version. Didn´t seen there was a pre-build vao-patch available. With this patch 3d grass got to bright.
3d grass now darkened more, horrizon darkened a bit, medium billboards removed too.
Looking forward to testing this! I deleted Sentul from my hard drive because of the 🤬 3d grass.

Very nice, could you apply the same technique to Tokyo Route 246 to get rid of those huge billboards and robot things too?
Yapp, put this in existing acf_tokyo246.ini:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = hide some objects like huge billboards
FILE = acf_tokyo246_light.kn5
HIDE = PLAKAT?

Hi gents,
Here is the rocket:

48737083487_3733acc8b4_b.jpg

Nice design from m.kass-ayax.r, good physics for me, i edited data folder and perfs in accordance with this page:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2016/2224130/bmw_m4_gts.html
Turbo + water injection.
About water injection and saying is a new technology (see the description) makes me laugh a bit. In the early seventies i was mechanic working on Boeing KC135 (C135F in France), engines Pratt & Witney J57P59W (W for water) and this "new" technology was already in use, currently used on several Boeing military planes and others. With several disavantages: the weight, you need to have a water tank (2400liters of demineralized water for the KC135), the temperature, the water needs to be between 18 & 54°c, (hard to maintain in winter period), the consumption grows up and the power gain is... so so. This technology works indifferently with jet or piston engines.
No matter, you can take it here:
https://mega.nz/#!M4dwXaAQ!yya54lsJgdYPDDAtyMUIdhA0tJHnqlDtzc27i_np5bY
Have fun with the beast, Mike.

You're welcome, replace 355_BODY_002, not 355_BODY.
Get to it via Edit>Object by Name

Once you have 'essence_gauge' isolated, go Edit>Center Model>Bottom Center Model. Then Edit>Center Model>Set Pivot Point, X=0.00 Y=0.00 Z=0.005. Then Edit>Center Model>Pivot Center Model. Then Copy All, and do the rest as in the first post.
(I changed the method slightly)

thanks again to you ,

For the body I managed to tinker with it (it’s not very pretty , there are deformations) , but for the fuel gauge I really can’t do it :(

1568556604-showroom-ferrari-355-challenge-15-8-2019-16-5-18.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but it looks like we are all playing (generally) under clear weather conditions, mostly because Sol and modded trucks texture/colors don't get along too well together.
Also, what bothers me about Sol is that there are sooo many "bad" weathers (19 bad weathers, vs 14 good ones including rain), that it is impossible to set the weather to Random without getting sucky weather.
I simply kept weathers like Tornado and Hurrican in a Weather-off folder, so they do not mess with my Random Weather selection.
Just a thought out loud.

thanks again to you ,

For the body I managed to tinker with it (it’s not very pretty , there are deformations) , but for the fuel gauge I really can’t do it :(

1568556604-showroom-ferrari-355-challenge-15-8-2019-16-5-18.jpg

Looks much better! Would this change work with all the existing and rather nice skins for this car? Something else I noticed on the mod is no rim blur on the wheels when the car is moving.

No chance of you guys taking this row to pms? It's been going on for weeks. This thread used to be a great read.
Seriously. I apologize for taking part. My motivation was to actually inform the guy since he makes mods, and the last thing AC needs is yet more cars that understeer when you lift off. I am so sicking of talking about something that is so basic, anyone who's ever driven a car should instinctively know it.

Back to the mods. PLEASE.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back