- 776

- England
Works fine, thanks for that!
I have a couple of Eggenberger skins Steve Soper and Muller) for the 1986 ETCC if anybody can make use of them. Had to use a slightly modified version of the Ford Sierra Cosworth (the older version that hasn't been updated recently) so that's why I've included the car. The real car was actually a Ford Sierra XR4 TI but it's not too far off.
View attachment 922143
https://megaupload.is/R537h917o6/Ford_Sierra_RS_Cosworth_ETCC_zip
It's most likely in the AI file. When setting the AI it's necessary to use the dev AI app to get consistent smooth behavior. That's mostly fixed in the "look ahead", "steer gain" and "brake hint" parameters. Too much steer gain and their hands go ape **** all over the place. Just for S&G, try taking the VRC Chevrette AI file and copy everything after the Shift Up and Down values (GEARS paragraph) and paste it into the affected cars and see if it gets better. Save a copy of your ai.ini first incase it goes awry.After d/l'ing, it said I now have 64 gigs of 3600mhz RAM. Thank you.
Anyone know - I'm just seeing this now with certain cars and AI.
In that Audi vid I posted, the VRC Camaro's run great with 99%AI and %100 aggression. (they dont take no ***t)
Running the IMSA cars from Zinski, they are all over the place, darting hard left and right, Braking on straights, way early etc.
The AI line's the same so what gives?
Hey Shaun. I'm also a massive fan of you work. Guys like you make AC what it is. Hope you keep on doing what you're doing for a long time. Have a question, if i may. I read on a forum somewhere a thread by a guy who made btcc classic mod pack for race 07 that got stolen by SimDream and are now selling it. The guy was angry and was looking for someone who he could give models to, to make a mod for AC with his permision. And then you posted a question that you would be interested. Did something happen on that front? I think you would be the best possible guy to do this.
1989 Ford Mustang SCCA
![]()
![]()
I have made a website for my IMSA mods. It features all recent updates, including small tweaks to the 1985 Mustang and 1996 Aurora.
Does anyone here own the ASR Ferrari 126c2? If so, is the version with front wing included in their download?
Yes I did speak to him, as I managed to get this mod without paying for it and he was very interested in me working on it, but after downloading, I had to be honest with him, the rip was so aweful, it would of taken me months / years to undo and redo so at least the cars handled correctly, let alone anything else. I personally cannot understand how they have got away with selling it, I mean, 1 person download, tells everybody else on how bad it is?
He was going to look at his own conversion to AC and then speak to me, but that's the last I have heard.
Regards
Shaun
And the Cockpit switch should have a higher value than that, usually around 50.Another excellent addition. This so much fun to drive. These are getting better and better. But i think there is a mistake in the lods.ini. You have:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=0
[LOD_0]
FILE=mustang_scca.kn5
IN=0
OUT=35
[LOD_1]
FILE=mustang_lod1.kn5
IN=35
OUT=70
[LOD_2]
FILE=mustang_lod2.kn5
IN=70
OUT=200
Shouldn't the OUT for lod_2 be 2000 instead of 200? Now if a car is more than 200 m away it only shows the driver.
It's most likely in the AI file. When setting the AI it's necessary to use the dev AI app to get consistent smooth behavior. That's mostly fixed in the "look ahead", "steer gain" and "brake hint" parameters. Too much steer gain and their hands go ape **** all over the place. Just for S&G, try taking the VRC Chevrette AI file and copy everything after the Shift Up and Down values (GEARS paragraph) and paste it into the affected cars and see if it gets better. Save a copy of your ai.ini first incase it goes awry.
If it doesn't have an official licence (and Mitja explained why - too expensive) then any seller would need to rebrand it ficticiously to avoid any legal complications. But just like with cars (URD, RSS, VRC) the real branding and billboard sponsors will be available to download separately very shortly after release. VRC's Alabama track was also sold exactly this way, with the proper Barber Motorsports Park branding added later by someone on RD.
If it's a free not-for-profit release then none of this applies, of course.
It's interesting to speculate whether money generated from selling the track would be more than that received via donation if it was freely available, as I imagine (like all these things) most people will be playing a pirated/shared version and unlikely to donate after the fact.
Releasing the track for free obviouly involves a lot less work as well. Apart from all the admin involved, you only need to produce one set of branding - the official one.
Whatever you've done to it, that is theee best rs500 I've downloaded, thank you!
And the Cockpit switch should have a higher value than that, usually around 50.
I always go in easy calculations, so 0 to 50, 50 to 100, 100, to 150, 150 to 1000 and so on what ever suits
Regards
Shaun
Looks like a good model though so it really shouldn't go to waste. If it just needs some sprucing on the Physics end and some config, I can do that after I finish with the 2-3 cars I'm working on now. They're pretty close to being ready though so wouldn't take long.It's a 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R III Typ 13 2011, so probably not really a car someone would be interested in. Also, it's only a FM4 model. It's drivable but it has mostly placeholder physics...
View attachment 922214 View attachment 922215 View attachment 922216
sry man, can u tell me where can i download the 'stang? if i go to the V8SC site, it makes me dowload only the 2018 version. thanks!
The Mustang Supercar hasn't officially been released yet, but ales100i shared a link to a league version two pages back. I've tried it and while it drives great, the mirrors are flipped, so keep that in mind.
Another excellent addition. This so much fun to drive. These are getting better and better. But i think there is a mistake in the lods.ini. You have:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=0
[LOD_0]
FILE=mustang_scca.kn5
IN=0
OUT=35
[LOD_1]
FILE=mustang_lod1.kn5
IN=35
OUT=70
[LOD_2]
FILE=mustang_lod2.kn5
IN=70
OUT=200
Shouldn't the OUT for lod_2 be 2000 instead of 200? Now if a car is more than 200 m away it only shows the driver.
also been working on a 240 Turbo GrA but seeing that we now have a couple...
where did you get 2007-2008 Volvo and Commodore? i have only 2018 pack , which like so muchAs said by a proeminent GTP member once, "I will not repost links..."
Edit: Mustang is not there tho.
![]()
Over and out.
I'll chime in with the modded GrA motors and add the ones I've been 'working' on lately, the Savanna RX7/Supra A70.
![]()
![]()
They're... Alright. Need some new data to make them competitive against the Kunos E30 and other Gr.A cars. It's not really my forte so I'll leave that to the experts.
Come to think of it neither is modding cars so if there's anything wrong just improve them - I'm no pro modder, just a guy bored out of his mind.
Liveries inspired by the RX7 254i LM and the Supra A70 JTCC.
https://we.tl/t-Kw66WcG3ET
edit : also been working on a 240 Turbo GrA but seeing that we now have a couple of them now it's pretty much useless ahah.
![]()
Is there a possibility to modify the PPfilter in game?
Hello there.
Long time member but havent really posted anything. Anyway a 2-in-1 WIP shot:
![]()
Hello there.
Long time member but havent really posted anything. Anyway a 2-in-1 WIP shot:
Cool!!!!
Two more to join my three. IRL I had a Citroen AX 11 TRE 5 doors in 1987. 👍
![]()
Is there a way to fix AI cars not using headlights at night with certain cars? I dont typically have this issue but running a race of Praga R1 cars (by Kunos) they drive without lights. Using the same car myself, it does have working lights, though I cant find a config file for it in extensions/config/cars folder.
I dropped these over at VAC discord a day or so ago so thought I may as well share them here as well. Thhey're nothing special but may fill a gap for some until something better comes along -
An ETCC/DTM Volvo 240
https://megaupload.is/F660A708oc/Volvo_240_Turbo_Group_A_zip
A DTM Mustang 92/93
https://megaupload.is/n3n7Dc0do0/ford_mustang93_zip
An ETCC/DTM Holden VK
https://megaupload.is/79JeC707o4/holden_commodore_vk_zip