• 137,843 comments
'Fixed' the riced oot Nissan GTP-ZX from LTK :

before:
nf3mYEs.png

after:
XPoB7gx.png

Made a test variant as well :

OQjvLsl.png

It's not much and not really accurate (Eagle rims iirc) but it doesn't look like a ricers wet dream now. Something must've gone wrong when he imported it, idk. I'm no expert.

https://we.tl/t-OIABrcCgoE

Is it possible to have link of stock LTK version ?

Hey Shaun. I'm also a massive fan of you work. Guys like you make AC what it is. Hope you keep on doing what you're doing for a long time. Have a question, if i may. I read on a forum somewhere a thread by a guy who made btcc classic mod pack for race 07 that got stolen by SimDream and are now selling it. The guy was angry and was looking for someone who he could give models to, to make a mod for AC with his permision. And then you posted a question that you would be interested. Did something happen on that front? I think you would be the best possible guy to do this.

After d/l'ing, it said I now have 64 gigs of 3600mhz RAM. Thank you. :eek:

Anyone know - I'm just seeing this now with certain cars and AI.
In that Audi vid I posted, the VRC Camaro's run great with 99%AI and %100 aggression. (they dont take no ***t)

Running the IMSA cars from Zinski, they are all over the place, darting hard left and right, Braking on straights, way early etc.

The AI line's the same so what gives?

I have a couple of Eggenberger skins Steve Soper and Muller) for the 1986 ETCC if anybody can make use of them. Had to use a slightly modified version of the Ford Sierra Cosworth (the older version that hasn't been updated recently) so that's why I've included the car. The real car was actually a Ford Sierra XR4 TI but it's not too far off.
View attachment 922143

https://megaupload.is/R537h917o6/Ford_Sierra_RS_Cosworth_ETCC_zip

Whatever you've done to it, that is theee best rs500 I've downloaded, thank you!

After d/l'ing, it said I now have 64 gigs of 3600mhz RAM. Thank you. :eek:

Anyone know - I'm just seeing this now with certain cars and AI.
In that Audi vid I posted, the VRC Camaro's run great with 99%AI and %100 aggression. (they dont take no ***t)

Running the IMSA cars from Zinski, they are all over the place, darting hard left and right, Braking on straights, way early etc.

The AI line's the same so what gives?
It's most likely in the AI file. When setting the AI it's necessary to use the dev AI app to get consistent smooth behavior. That's mostly fixed in the "look ahead", "steer gain" and "brake hint" parameters. Too much steer gain and their hands go ape **** all over the place. Just for S&G, try taking the VRC Chevrette AI file and copy everything after the Shift Up and Down values (GEARS paragraph) and paste it into the affected cars and see if it gets better. Save a copy of your ai.ini first incase it goes awry.

Hey Shaun. I'm also a massive fan of you work. Guys like you make AC what it is. Hope you keep on doing what you're doing for a long time. Have a question, if i may. I read on a forum somewhere a thread by a guy who made btcc classic mod pack for race 07 that got stolen by SimDream and are now selling it. The guy was angry and was looking for someone who he could give models to, to make a mod for AC with his permision. And then you posted a question that you would be interested. Did something happen on that front? I think you would be the best possible guy to do this.

Yes I did speak to him, as I managed to get this mod without paying for it and he was very interested in me working on it, but after downloading, I had to be honest with him, the rip was so aweful, it would of taken me months / years to undo and redo so at least the cars handled correctly, let alone anything else. I personally cannot understand how they have got away with selling it, I mean, 1 person download, tells everybody else on how bad it is?
He was going to look at his own conversion to AC and then speak to me, but that's the last I have heard.

Regards

Shaun

1989 Ford Mustang SCCA

zP9fJeV.jpg

bHvzlww.jpg

I have made a website for my IMSA mods. It features all recent updates, including small tweaks to the 1985 Mustang and 1996 Aurora.

Another excellent addition. This so much fun to drive. These are getting better and better. But i think there is a mistake in the lods.ini. You have:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=0

[LOD_0]
FILE=mustang_scca.kn5
IN=0
OUT=35

[LOD_1]
FILE=mustang_lod1.kn5
IN=35
OUT=70

[LOD_2]
FILE=mustang_lod2.kn5
IN=70
OUT=200

Shouldn't the OUT for lod_2 be 2000 instead of 200? Now if a car is more than 200 m away it only shows the driver.

Yes I did speak to him, as I managed to get this mod without paying for it and he was very interested in me working on it, but after downloading, I had to be honest with him, the rip was so aweful, it would of taken me months / years to undo and redo so at least the cars handled correctly, let alone anything else. I personally cannot understand how they have got away with selling it, I mean, 1 person download, tells everybody else on how bad it is?
He was going to look at his own conversion to AC and then speak to me, but that's the last I have heard.

Regards

Shaun

thanks, that is sad. I have "aquired" those mods, and you are right, visualy they look like something from the 90s and they drive all the same as physics were ripped from a single mod, i would guess the Nissan Primera from Peter Marek. It is really sad that such sites still exist.

Another excellent addition. This so much fun to drive. These are getting better and better. But i think there is a mistake in the lods.ini. You have:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=0

[LOD_0]
FILE=mustang_scca.kn5
IN=0
OUT=35

[LOD_1]
FILE=mustang_lod1.kn5
IN=35
OUT=70

[LOD_2]
FILE=mustang_lod2.kn5
IN=70
OUT=200

Shouldn't the OUT for lod_2 be 2000 instead of 200? Now if a car is more than 200 m away it only shows the driver.
And the Cockpit switch should have a higher value than that, usually around 50.

I always go in easy calculations, so 0 to 50, 50 to 100, 100, to 150, 150 to 1000 and so on what ever suits

Regards

Shaun

It's most likely in the AI file. When setting the AI it's necessary to use the dev AI app to get consistent smooth behavior. That's mostly fixed in the "look ahead", "steer gain" and "brake hint" parameters. Too much steer gain and their hands go ape **** all over the place. Just for S&G, try taking the VRC Chevrette AI file and copy everything after the Shift Up and Down values (GEARS paragraph) and paste it into the affected cars and see if it gets better. Save a copy of your ai.ini first incase it goes awry.

Thanks Beezer. Makes sense, if your talking of the AI app in AC, thats what was used. I can see what your explaining with the hands going wack in certain parameters/cars. 👍

If it doesn't have an official licence (and Mitja explained why - too expensive) then any seller would need to rebrand it ficticiously to avoid any legal complications. But just like with cars (URD, RSS, VRC) the real branding and billboard sponsors will be available to download separately very shortly after release. VRC's Alabama track was also sold exactly this way, with the proper Barber Motorsports Park branding added later by someone on RD.
If it's a free not-for-profit release then none of this applies, of course.

It's interesting to speculate whether money generated from selling the track would be more than that received via donation if it was freely available, as I imagine (like all these things) most people will be playing a pirated/shared version and unlikely to donate after the fact.
Releasing the track for free obviouly involves a lot less work as well. Apart from all the admin involved, you only need to produce one set of branding - the official one.

i would say it would be considerably more...nobody donates - trust me on this.....less than £100 quid in over 5 years....thanks to those that have thoough:cheers:

Whatever you've done to it, that is theee best rs500 I've downloaded, thank you!

Thanks for that. I wish I could remember but there's so much "fiddling" if you're working on more than one mod at a time it's easy to loose track. Probably a suspension and/or camber modification.

And the Cockpit switch should have a higher value than that, usually around 50.

I always go in easy calculations, so 0 to 50, 50 to 100, 100, to 150, 150 to 1000 and so on what ever suits

Regards

Shaun

Can i just say..hopefully without sounding too much like those annoying sycophants that reside on the internet (you know the types...Jimmy Broadbent patrons).....
But genuinely, how great is it having Shaun here posting.

It's a 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R III Typ 13 2011, so probably not really a car someone would be interested in. Also, it's only a FM4 model. It's drivable but it has mostly placeholder physics...

View attachment 922214 View attachment 922215 View attachment 922216
Looks like a good model though so it really shouldn't go to waste. If it just needs some sprucing on the Physics end and some config, I can do that after I finish with the 2-3 cars I'm working on now. They're pretty close to being ready though so wouldn't take long.

sry man, can u tell me where can i download the 'stang? if i go to the V8SC site, it makes me dowload only the 2018 version. thanks!
The Mustang Supercar hasn't officially been released yet, but ales100i shared a link to a league version two pages back. I've tried it and while it drives great, the mirrors are flipped, so keep that in mind.

As said by a proeminent GTP member once, "I will not repost links..."
Edit: Mustang is not there tho. :ouch:

7ln4.png

Over and out.

Last edited:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=0

[LOD_0]
FILE=mustang_scca.kn5
IN=0
OUT=35

[LOD_1]
FILE=mustang_lod1.kn5
IN=35
OUT=70

[LOD_2]
FILE=mustang_lod2.kn5
IN=70
OUT=200

I would believe that, that issue was in LOD 0.

Last edited:
also been working on a 240 Turbo GrA but seeing that we now have a couple...

re: Volvo 240

As part of the upcoming Kamachi mod, I have a very WIP Volvo 240, please see here Not final, placeholder physic etc.
If you or anyone would like to fiddle with the car please feel free, e.g. the rims you have are much nicer.
Please feed any changes back to me or to the Kamachi thread.

Cheers
GØD

I'll chime in with the modded GrA motors and add the ones I've been 'working' on lately, the Savanna RX7/Supra A70.

CV1eDix.png

1H2nU1y.png

They're... Alright. Need some new data to make them competitive against the Kunos E30 and other Gr.A cars. It's not really my forte so I'll leave that to the experts.
Come to think of it neither is modding cars so if there's anything wrong just improve them - I'm no pro modder, just a guy bored out of his mind.

Liveries inspired by the RX7 254i LM and the Supra A70 JTCC.

https://we.tl/t-Kw66WcG3ET

edit : also been working on a 240 Turbo GrA but seeing that we now have a couple of them now it's pretty much useless ahah.

rFuFTV5.png

That's not my father's Oldsmobile; worse, it's his Volvo! (Sry, couldn't resist.)

Hello there.
Long time member but havent really posted anything. Anyway a 2-in-1 WIP shot:

received_1543339372509526-jpeg.374329
Hello there.
Long time member but havent really posted anything. Anyway a 2-in-1 WIP shot:

Cool!!!! :cheers:

Two more to join my three. IRL I had a Citroen AX 11 TRE 5 doors in 1987. 👍

received_1543339372509526-jpeg.374329

Cool!!!! :cheers:

Two more to join my three. IRL I had a Citroen AX 11 TRE 5 doors in 1987. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks @GzeroD. I'm sure I'll find plenty of goodies in there to vulture :)

On another note, I've been looking for this car for a couple of days now. It's a Ferrari 250 gto 1964 I believe. My search might have been more fruitful if Ferrari didn't name their bloody cars so similarly so often. Like, there are at least 4 different 250 variants to my knowledge, oh well.

Ferrari250gto1964.JPG
-

I had this car ages ago and deleted it, must have been how it sat on the road. Couldn't mod at all then so anything that didn't look right went straight in the bin :confused:

Is there a way to fix AI cars not using headlights at night with certain cars? I dont typically have this issue but running a race of Praga R1 cars (by Kunos) they drive without lights. Using the same car myself, it does have working lights, though I cant find a config file for it in extensions/config/cars folder.

In CM right click the Praga R1 and Open car in Content tab, then remove the tag "singleseater" and "#lmp3" and voila.
I was struggling with the same problem a few months ago. I still find really odd that a tag can disable car function...:confused:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back