Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,610 comments
shi
I have converted 3 Tracks from Sports car GT.
(To be exact, convert from GTR2.)

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

North Point
v1.0
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;
・Original track made by ISI for Sportscar GT
・Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
@shi (shin956), Tracks convert

Enjoy.

I appreciate the work, and these are "good start" conversions of these tracks. Besides some aesthetic updates, the most important thing these tracks need are good road meshes. Using the original models from GTR2, they're using the road surfaces that go from smooth as glass to "blocky" as you go over a hill. There's some good "road mesh experts" here, and by adding models.ini files, you could manage to add hidden higher-fidelity road meshes, and set the existing track surface only as visible.

I'm confused...Has anyone experienced anything like this before in AC?
Just ran a 15 lap race at Goiania, was up to 5th place, when the game missed counting my lap, put me back
to 22nd.
Here's a screenshot during the replay. I'm am sooo confused.:confused:

confusing.png

Yeahh I saw that unfortunately! I'm looking for the road course configuration.

I'd really like to see a version with this for AC as well.

EDIT--> There is a version with the road course on Legion's site. Video capture below.

Direct download link of Legion's version.

Video: Real "live action" drive around the Homestead road course.

Video: ACC version with road course from Legion's site.

Last edited:
I'm confused...Has anyone experienced anything like this before in AC?
Just ran a 15 lap race at Goiania, was up to 5th place, when the game missed counting my lap, put me back
to 22nd.
Here's a screenshot during the replay. I'm am sooo confused.:confused:

View attachment 1014385

I haven't tried the track yet so I'm just throwing ideas out, but did you pit at all? The start/finish line might not have been stretched across the pit lane. That is sometimes overlooked in mod tracks.

Last edited:
Just got burned again with yet another UI track map outline that isn't Kunos Default. It doesn't help that my CM in on Lite mode.
upload_2021-6-1_12-33-27.png

Im focusing on the one in the center [the one i highlighted]

Last edited:
shi

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

North Point
v1.0
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.

Sports car GT... I have great memories about that game, even if thinking now it seems so strange! thank you!

shi

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

North Point (Link updated)
v1.1
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Recreated the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini
-Adjust UI (author column)

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.

North Point v1.1 update
changelog;
road.png

-Adjust surface.ini

I appreciate the work, and these are "good start" conversions of these tracks. Besides some aesthetic updates, the most important thing these tracks need are good road meshes. Using the original models from GTR2, they're using the road surfaces that go from smooth as glass to "blocky" as you go over a hill. There's some good "road mesh experts" here, and by adding models.ini files, you could manage to add hidden higher-fidelity road meshes, and set the existing track surface only as visible.
Thank you for your advice! I have recreated the physical road surface, so please tell us your impressions. If the road feels good, update the other Tracks in the same way.

shi

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

v1.1
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Adjust surface.ini

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.
Hi thanks for these 3 circuits, would it be possible to increase the box pitches to 26 , you would make me a big gift

Just excitedly reading through the AMS2 notes for the new (delayed) patch and DLCs and read this "and a team of artists that simply doesn´t grasp the meaning of "good enough". Led by our man @ilya,"

Is that 'our' ilya?
Busy man if so. He really is the future of sim racing if so.

shi
-Recreated the physical road surface.

Message me in IM re this, I found a workflow that spits out a beautiful rational quad mesh with very nice control over it, tight but still "light". It might be its compatible with some tools in whatever software you use, but i could not find the functions in Blender for sure (or may be I jsut dont know blender well enough)

Just got burned again with yet another UI track map outline that isn't Kunos Default. It doesn't help that my CM in on Lite mode.View attachment 1014395
Im focusing on the one in the center [the one i highlighted]
Here, ditch the _GP part.
And for Pete's sake man, donate a few cents to get a full CM, like I said before...

Attachments

• outline_GP.png
    outline_GP.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 14
  • outline.png
    outline.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 13
shi

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

v1.1
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Adjust surface.ini

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.

nice work, North Point and Sardian Park deserve a new skybox

How would one go about doing that?

actually I did it as test and it all works good. Now probably it needs fine tuning to be precise with the performance. In the data folder I left only the lods.ini and lights.ini files since they do not affect physics and driving. Might as well think about an improved AO, and maybe adding a proper lumirank style piece on the car

Just excitedly reading through the AMS2 notes for the new (delayed) patch and DLCs and read this "and a team of artists that simply doesn´t grasp the meaning of "good enough". Led by our man @ilya,"

Is that 'our' ilya?
Yeap he is listed in the AMS2 credits, along with Niels Heuskenveld.. good things coming ;)

shi

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

v1.1
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Adjust surface.ini

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;

Enjoy.

Sportscar GT... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Thanks for porting these mate. Top job.

Hi, I tried Race Track Builder, and I have some questions:
I have tested with the Google Maps API, I have entered everything, I have created the circuit, and when I go to test it ... Everything is squashed !!! It was basically a few streets near my house, and the houses appear flattened, in 2D (the roof on the ground), I imagine there is no 3D option like street view but I don't know, does anyone know?

I have tested with the Google Maps API, I have entered everything, I have created the circuit, and when I go to test it ... Everything is squashed !!! It was basically a few streets near my house, and the houses appear flattened, in 2D (the roof on the ground), I imagine there is no 3D option like street view but I don't know, does anyone know?

its literally just an image with some very vague 30-200m basic DEM underlying it.

rtb only imports the terrain data and base map picture.

doh! beaten by The Real CB

Last edited:
Could it be done in some way? Like importing google street view images or something like that, more "manual" work.
yes, and no.. with BlenderGIS if your area acutally has that geometry, you can import it. but, to my knowledge then taking that BACK to RTB is an issue.. there are tutorial on youtube for doing it the longhand way by nukedrop aka member here whose name I cannot recall offhand.

Last edited:

Is that 'our' ilya?

Yeap he is listed in the AMS2 credits, along with Niels Heuskenveld.. good things coming ;)

Not sure if we're thinking of the same guy here, but I was under the impression that the credits listed Ilya Malyuev, not Ilja Jusupov (x4fab).

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back