Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Nope, it's based on the setting of the ksSpecular, which probably was set to high (most of his tracks have higher values)

You can fix via ext_config by adding this

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS=NAMEOFTHEMATERIALUSEDFORTHETARMAC
KEY_0=ksSpecular
VALUE_0=0.075 (start from 0.0 and go up till you reach the result you want to achieve)
ACTIVE=1

I would take a look at it, but since he started encrypt his track, i never downloaded or touched them anymore ;)

Does not work, is it due to the encryption?

Yes, the SuperTouring was born in 1990 in Britain. From 1993 it was a main national level touring car class: Class2. (The DTM was the Class1)
In the regulations I can't found that the cars must be 4 doors. But mention somewhere the rear doors.
http://www.supertouringregister.com/regulations/

Anyway, that relased car is not a Supertourer from 1997. The exterior is a road car with an e30M3 wing and rims. The cockpit is good racing cockpit, except the complety road version dashboard, and the inner part of front doors. So for me its is looks like an gr.N or gr.A modified car. But very fun to drive :D
View attachment 1015392 View attachment 1015393

Tomorrow I will test it agaist the PM3DM touring cars (Primera, Volvo, and the (real) BMW STW)

Come to think of it, the door number of that MOD is not big deal . Just for MOD naming.
The most important thing is that is fun to drive or not, which I should be mind.

By the way, I found technical regulation of 1998 Group ST. There are words "all four doors" in the end part of page 53, and not in 2001 one.
I feel this description might be presuppose to GroupST cars has 4-doors. Isn't it?
https://historicdb.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulations/1440582787/appendix_j_1998_low.pdf

Last edited:
Nope, encryption can do nothing for this. Did you placed the texture name in substitution of "NAMEOFTHEMATERIALUSEDFORTHETARMAC"?

Jupp. See here, for Falkenberg it should be like that.

MATERIALS=ROAD?
KEY_0=ksSpecular
VALUE_0=0
ACTIVE=1

Don´t know if it is related to latest SOL but when starting the race the tarmac looks like this
upload_2021-6-6_0-5-12.png

16 seconds later it looks like this (car has not moved)

upload_2021-6-6_0-6-10.png

Last edited:
:lol::lol: you're being sarcastic I hope ?
I mean, even Gilles' crappy conversion was better than this...

View attachment 1015472

It's just the old one from Stig's Cousin with added billboards.

I really hope to see a decent Jarama for AC one day. I had a look at improving the one on Race Department, but after having a close look at it, there are so many broken objects that it isn't worth trying.

I did an exception and downloaded it for a check: He put a wrong shader on the tarmac, ksPerPixelAT instead of the right ones. It requires time to check what he did, maybe tomorrow if i found time (i have another project to work on) i will try to solve

:lol::lol: you're being sarcastic I hope ?
I mean, even Gilles' crappy conversion was better than this...

View attachment 1015472

I think it is Gilles track, I haven't seen a better one but please feel free to let me take a look at a better version.
I was just happy to see ETRC branding as i love truck racing.
It needs grass which is easy and AI is broke, which i'll hopefully fix.

Screenshot_vtrc_man_h_etrc_jarama_5-5-121-23-5-42.jpg
Screenshot_vtrc_man_h_etrc_jarama_5-5-121-23-7-54.jpg

Last edited:
I checked out the Hungaroring and it's a rip of the ACU version. I also have a better Bugatti that this is taken from.

BTW cheers for the heads up, i was able to fiddle a bit and get the ETRC branding as a skin for the other Hungarorings, perfect!

I think it is Gilles track, I haven't seen a better one but please feel free to let me take a look at a better version.
I was just happy to see ETRC branding as i love truck racing.
It needs grass which is easy and AI is broke, which i'll hopefully fix.
It certainly is not Gilles conversion. This is the Stigs Cousin conversion.
I have not seen any decent Jarama for AC yet, so I don't have one installed, but if need be, I take the Gilles' one from the storage.

I have not seen any decent Jarama for AC yet, so I don't have one installed, but if need be, I take the Gilles' one from the storage.
I pulled in the Gilles version to have a looksee...
Its fixable, needs new terrain map, a new phy_mesh, and a lot of those holes through the terrain to be fixed, all the textures replaced, trees fixed etc.
Is it a wanted track because feels like might be simpler to start from scratch on this one.

upload_2021-6-6_8-30-4.png

@Fall Guy

https://sharemods.com/sfz484hlemrh/actk_falkenberg.kn5.html

This .kn5 fixed will solve the problem (he probably forgot to encrypt this track)

Looks nice now, thanks:

falken.png

I pulled in the Gilles version to have a looksee...
Its fixable, needs new terrain map, a new phy_mesh, and a lot of those holes through the terrain to be fixed, all the textures replaced, trees fixed etc.
Is it a wanted track because feels like might be simpler to start from scratch on this one.

It is certainly a 'wanted' track, but it'll be a hell of a job to make something decent of it.

Wonderful. Many thanks for your contribution. Now with Valerbanen and Rudskogen there are some nice Swedish classics available. Check this out @__EASY__
View attachment 1015483

That's why i was so angry (once again, NOTHING against him or anyone else) about encryption. With encrypt track i could have done nothing for fixin it while, via ext_config ugly strange shadows comes in while i tried the fix without touching the kn5 ;)

MAYBE, if i found time, i will made a full update as always

Looks nice now, thanks:

View attachment 1015482

It is certainly a 'wanted' track, but it'll be a hell of a job to make something decent of it.

ok, ill do terrain and phymesh, note on the terrain I just looked at the DEM and its no where near as "hilly" as suggested in the source track.

edit:
I had to exxagerte elevation X4 on terrain to get it to start sort of touching off on this track, lesser fo two evils as the reverse would be changing all the track geometry to match actual elevation and that IS a complete redraw.
upload_2021-6-6_9-8-22.png

upload_2021-6-6_9-7-54.png

Last edited:

Not quite sure why i am defending people i don't even know, but its based on RD track by stigs cousin like you say.

They did do some stuff to be fair... its no reboot, but its a lot better...
And the AI is fixed via someone from RD for the original track..

Screenshot_ifm_2009_jarama_5-5-121-23-53-39.jpg

Screenshot_ifm_2009_etrc_jarama_5-5-121-23-54-56.jpg

Last edited:
@Fall Guy

https://sharemods.com/sfz484hlemrh/actk_falkenberg.kn5.html

This .kn5 fixed will solve the problem (he probably forgot to encrypt this track)

no I did not forget to encrypt this track, I just ask that you contact me and give me the patch to include in my update, and here you are publishing the modified kn5 without providing it to me. if you do not want me to encrypt my tracks give me the patch and I publish with the name of the person in credits.

no I did not forget to encrypt this track, I just ask that you contact me and give me the patch to include in my update, and here you are publishing the modified kn5 without providing it to me. if you do not want me to encrypt my tracks give me the patch and I publish with the name of the person in credits.

Or, to look at it another way, you are getting other people to fix your tracks (for free) and hoping still to get a paypal donation.

These fixes are night and day in the improvements.

Hi, all: does anyone know what this does?View attachment 1015499

Don't press it!
Red crosses and you will be the millionth person on CSP discord asking why your game has them....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jupp. See here, for Falkenberg it should be like that.

MATERIALS=ROAD?
KEY_0=ksSpecular
VALUE_0=0
ACTIVE=1

Don´t know if it is related to latest Sol but when starting the race the tarmac looks like this
View attachment 1015473

16 seconds later it looks like this (car has not moved)

View attachment 1015475

this problem being on the last version of Sol, do also on other track + or less pronounced
Sol 2.1.1 and Sol 2.1.2 have same problem
Sol 2.1 correct

Last edited:

give me the patch and I publish with the name of the person in credits.

v1.01
a hole in a fixed mesh
slightly darker road

Ok SO I am confused now, which download is the final one? I grabbed the new one Easy posted but dont see the credits in it? Is it the right one now?. Can someone just post a link to the final working one? (or IM me so we don't blow up the thread again)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back