Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
why this AI doesn't wanna race? Steers to the left, revs up to oblivion and doesn't move...is he depressed?

[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[GEARS]
UP=7000
DOWN=3500
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.28

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=4.0
BRAKE_HINT=1.01
TRAIL_HINT=0.3

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=19
SPEED_GAIN=0.10
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=10

[DRAG]
SLIP_RATIO_MAX=10 ;how much burnout ai does on drag start. default 10

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.7

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.2

[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1

Last edited:
No prob Kev, I've got my eye on you buddy. Hopefully Falkenhill can be fixed, it's a nice layout. @CrisT86 might have already found a solution, although I did find a spot near S/F as well (pictured). It might take a lot of work to find them all. In the meantime, many cars should be okay. The concrete patches had me a little scared of them so I'm not sure I got the sweeping sections right, but nevertheless the ai should be a little (or maybe a lot) faster.
No that much, since it can be done only in 3D space and not via ext_config. Once opened in Blender/3DSMax/3DSim3d or similar, it just need to search everything is called with a physical tag (WALL, KERB and check if it's named right, if not rename it) ;)

Hiya, I need help fixing my pit lane on my fictional track South West Raceway (name is temporary). The AI can drive the track with no problem. But in practice and qualifying, the AI are always desperately trying to move out but end up in the wall nearby trying to join the start/finish straight of my track and won't exit the pits through the pit exit that ends after turn 1. I did have the pit exit, exit out before T1 but only 6 of the AI drivers would make it out just fine but the rest still stuck. Plus they won't even pit in during an endurance or sprint (or maybe I haven't been racing for more than an hour to see if they do so). I've been modelling my track using Blender 2.79 (I've also recently used 2.9 but for other projects, still trying to learn the new UI) and have exported my final FBX with the scale set to 1.0 using 'FBX units scale', -Z Forward, Y Up and Blender units disabled.

View attachment 1094619
View attachment 1094618

I've tried redoing the AI pit lane and fast lane lines in-game but still no luck. Could someone please help with any solutions, that would be great. :)
Could be a problem with the sidelines...

No prob Kev, I've got my eye on you buddy. Hopefully Falkenhill can be fixed, it's a nice layout.
Just a funny fact: I was talking about Falkenberg and you about Falkenhill. "Berg" is a mountain so just much bigger than a hill
:lol:
I had to google if Falkenhill really exist, :boggled: and if "you americans" just call Fakenberg --> Falkenhill :D:banghead:
Sorry i should go to bed :cool:

It makes me feel like he's actually advertising Sol.
Yeah.. was my first thought too.

Haha

I dont want to be toxic or disrespectful to the creator but some people should watch more real race footage on youtube.. just to get an impression what "ultra real" means.

my vintage filter makes that "real one" look like its from...
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.welenespicshop.com%2Ftupian10%2FZYW201216001_0942587392316065426.jpg

Just a funny fact: I was talking about Falkenberg and you about Falkenhill. "Berg" is a mountain so just much bigger than a hill
:lol:
I had to google if Falkenhill really exist, :boggled: and if "you americans" just call Fakenberg --> Falkenhill :D:banghead:
Sorry i should go to bed :cool:
Falkenberg is a real life track in sweden. The name means mountain or hill of falcons.

Falkenhill is a fictional track somewhere, maybe sponsored by FALKEN TYRE.

why this AI doesn't wanna race? Steers to the left, revs up to oblivion and doesn't move...is he depressed?

[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[GEARS]
UP=7000
DOWN=3500
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.28

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=4.0
BRAKE_HINT=1.01
TRAIL_HINT=0.3

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=19
SPEED_GAIN=0.10
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=10

[DRAG]
SLIP_RATIO_MAX=10 ;how much burnout ai does on drag start. default 10

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.7

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.2

[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1
I need to know what are the values inside 'engine.ini'. Or at least, what car it is.
Then, I might help... Or not ;)

I really hope someone (AI guru), make a fast and not dumb AI for Rivera.:cheers: Please.

Last edited:
AI for actk sturup:

Note:
-pit lane too tight at entry, cars bounce off tires. Impossible to create a clean pit_lane.ai line for it. I gave up after 6 attempts. Maybe make tires transparent objects so that cars can drive through, instead of solid? :banghead:

AI for actk falkenhill speedpark:

Note:
Track surface has invisible objects causing collisions cars with low ride height or possibly high aero. Most are found in concrete patch areas, but not all. A few examples:

View attachment 1094635

View attachment 1094636

View attachment 1094637

View attachment 1094638

Yeah, maybe... I don't know- so many tracks that need work. Maybe he's got to start donating to my non existent patreon. :crazy:
Thank you mate, but re the falkenhill speedpark, the ai and data folders are.. empty xD

I need to know what are the values inside 'engine.ini'. Or at least, what car it is.
Then, I might help... Or not ;)

I really hope someone (AI guru), make a fast and not dumb AI for Rivera.:cheers: Please.
See through the lies of the Jedi, please.
Car is the Lotus "meh" esprit gt1...but here's the engine.ini anyway.

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
POWER_CURVE=power.lut ; power curve file
COAST_CURVE=FROM_COAST_REF ; coast curve. can define 3 different options (coast reference, coast values for mathematical curve, coast curve file)

[ENGINE_DATA]
ALTITUDE_SENSITIVITY=0.1 ; sensitivity to altitude
INERTIA=0.08 ; engine inertia
LIMITER=7200 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
LIMITER_HZ=15 ; Frequency of engine limiter
MINIMUM=800 ; Idle rpm
DEFAULT_TURBO_ADJUSTMENT=0 ; DEFAULT turbo adjustment if one or more turbos are cockpit adjustable

[COAST_REF]
RPM=7000 ; rev number reference
TORQUE=50 ; engine braking torque value in Nm at rev number reference
NON_LINEARITY=0 ; coast engine brake from ZERO to TORQUE value at rpm with linear (0) to fully exponential (1)

[COAST_DATA]
COAST0=0 ;
COAST1=0
COAST=0.0000015

[COAST_CURVE]
FILENAME=coast.lut ; coasting curve file
[TURBO_0]
LAG_DN=0.990 ; Interpolation lag used slowing down the turbo
LAG_UP=0.996 ; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
MAX_BOOST=0.8 ; Maximum boost generated. This value is never exceeded and multiply the torque like T=T*(1.0 + boost), so a boost of 2 will give you 3 times the torque at a given rpm.
WASTEGATE=0.8 ; Max level of boost before the wastegate does its things. 0 = no wastegate
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=0.8 ; Value used by display apps
REFERENCE_RPM=3000 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal).
GAMMA=2.0 ; Turbo pressure sensitivity on accelerator pedal
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0 ; cockpit adjustable turbo pressure

[TURBO_1]
MAX_BOOST=0.8 ; Maximum boost generated. This value is never exceeded and multiply the torque like T=T*(1.0 + boost), so a boost of 2 will give you 3 times the torque at a given rpm.
WASTEGATE=0.8 ; Max level of boost before the wastegate does its things. 0 = no wastegate
REFERENCE_RPM=3000 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal).
GAMMA=4.0 ; Turbo pressure sensitivity on accelerator pedal
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=1.6 ; level of TOTAL boost before the engine starts to take damage
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=0.1 ; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
RPM_THRESHOLD=7400 ; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=0.2

Apropos Indy, there is also the edited NAGP version which has a bit more BLING BLING compared to the linked version of the past 2-3 pages here. It may lack some 3D gras and stuff, but it's got flags and baloons and feels a wee bit smoother in the infield section :D

So all in all I got like 3 different tracks now.. feels pointless but well :cheers:
Not sure which version you have, but on the BLINGBLING side my Indy v1.0 from 13x has balloons, a glider, a (sometimes too low flying) blimp, a plane towing a advertising banner, a chopper (though it is magically flying without rotor and is very far away), 3D grass, and higher fps (depending on the amount of camera facing spectators).
Not forgetting the 8 layouts. 😇

As said, the blimp is sometimes a bit scary :lol:
blimp.png

@Masscot to the rescue ?

Last edited:
Not sure which version you have, but on the BLINGBLING side my Indy v1.0 from 13x has balloons, a glider, a plane towing a advertising banner, a chopper (though it is magically flying without rotor and is very far away), 3D grass, and much higher fps. Not forgetting the 8 layouts. 😇
and full ext_config with lights, rain and so scratch made by me (don't remember if 13X includeed it in a update)

and full ext_config with lights, rain and so scratch made by me (don't remember if 13X includeed it in a update)
I just noticed I missed that...no extension folder in the version I have, except the one I made to have animation for a replacement chopper.
Going to use search function for that ext_config...

Edit: I overlooked it, it's there allright...

Last edited:
See through the lies of the Jedi, please.
Car is the Lotus "meh" esprit gt1...but here's the engine.ini anyway.

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
POWER_CURVE=power.lut ; power curve file
COAST_CURVE=FROM_COAST_REF ; coast curve. can define 3 different options (coast reference, coast values for mathematical curve, coast curve file)

[ENGINE_DATA]
ALTITUDE_SENSITIVITY=0.1 ; sensitivity to altitude
INERTIA=0.08 ; engine inertia
LIMITER=7200 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
LIMITER_HZ=15 ; Frequency of engine limiter
MINIMUM=800 ; Idle rpm
DEFAULT_TURBO_ADJUSTMENT=0 ; DEFAULT turbo adjustment if one or more turbos are cockpit adjustable

[COAST_REF]
RPM=7000 ; rev number reference
TORQUE=50 ; engine braking torque value in Nm at rev number reference
NON_LINEARITY=0 ; coast engine brake from ZERO to TORQUE value at rpm with linear (0) to fully exponential (1)

[COAST_DATA]
COAST0=0 ;
COAST1=0
COAST=0.0000015

[COAST_CURVE]
FILENAME=coast.lut ; coasting curve file
[TURBO_0]
GAMMA=2.0 ; Turbo pressure sensitivity on accelerator pedal
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0 ; cockpit adjustable turbo pressure

[TURBO_1]
GAMMA=4.0 ; Turbo pressure sensitivity on accelerator pedal
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=1.6 ; level of TOTAL boost before the engine starts to take damage
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=0.1 ; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
RPM_THRESHOLD=7400 ; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=0.2
Just made a test with 15 same cars and all the AI field started the race.
The Revs and AI limiter are ok. Checked your files with mines and all are the same.
Don't know what to say about it. Odd.

Sem título.png

Last edited:
AI for actk sturup:

Note:
-pit lane too tight at entry, cars bounce off tires. Impossible to create a clean pit_lane.ai line for it. I gave up after 6 attempts. Maybe make tires transparent objects so that cars can drive through, instead of solid? :banghead:

AI for actk falkenhill speedpark:

Note:
Track surface has invisible objects causing collisions cars with low ride height or possibly high aero. Most are found in concrete patch areas, but not all. A few examples:

View attachment 1094635

View attachment 1094636

View attachment 1094637

View attachment 1094638

Yeah, maybe... I don't know- so many tracks that need work. Maybe he's got to start donating to my non existent patreon. :crazy:
I will look at it, an update is planned for the CUTLINE

Just made a test with 15 same cars and all the AI field started the race.
The Revs and AI limiter are ok. Checked your files with mines and all are the same.
Don't know what to say about it. Odd.

View attachment 1094719
Well, thanks for trying...this means it misbehaves only when I control+c.

Unless the very small changes I've made to the drivetrain.ini in order for this thing to shift correctly have messed something up, but I doubt it, I didn't change RPMs or anything lethal. Odd.

Thanks again!

Not sure which version you have, but on the BLINGBLING side my Indy v1.0 from 13x has balloons, a glider, a (sometimes too low flying) blimp, a plane towing a advertising banner, a chopper (though it is magically flying without rotor and is very far away), 3D grass, and higher fps (depending on the amount of camera facing spectators).
Not forgetting the 8 layouts. 😇

As said, the blimp is sometimes a bit scary :lol:
View attachment 1094720
@Masscot to the rescue ?
Weird, that's aa_ims? I'm at v2.0. I don't remember a blimp in earlier version... could be wrong.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back