Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Formula pro 2016 release. All F1 2016 skins included.

QQ截图20211207203709.png
__custom_showroom_1638880587.jpg

Another vote for Renault tribute wall. ;)

aces high.jpg

This is how Taruma loads cars in hotlap mode. Can it be solved gonzo-style, or requires 3d rework?

Last edited:
try to change the date day-month with the CSP app in game or, open with notepad the ext_config and comment with a ; before each line (with Notepad ++ you can select all the text and hit CTRL + Q to comment all) and save in order to disable the season ADJ from :::: SEASONS :::: and see if fixed.

Tocancipa is placed in the north emisphere, so it's december and it can snow even i don't know how much in real life. BTW with seasons disabled it should not be active, but it can be a CSP or SOL bot bug.

No idea about the car audio, i don't think is linked to the track itself even you have only on this one. In my testing (and for every config it takes a lot of time) i didn't have any issue of any kind
Hi @CrisT86 , Tocancipa is located in the tropic, never snow... maybe you can make a new extension for this and update grass or sidelines, please?

Hi @CrisT86 , Tocancipa is located in the tropic, never snow... maybe you can make a new extension for this and update grass or sidelines, please?
It's rare, but even at tropics can snow in winter. You can edit yourself by open the ext_config and remove the strings after ;;;;;; SEASONS ;;;;;

GrassFX is ok, everything works fine, sidelines are already up-to-date if Elias includeed the one made by @macko68, if not, download and overwrite with the files inside this link https://sharemods.com/o8nmi6ssa63k/Elias_Viejo_Tocancipa_UPDATES_by_CrisT86.rar.html

Last edited:
Jeddah extension has been updated following friday practice 😉

• All billboards updated
  • New grounds created
  • Animated displays on bridges (Pirelli, aramco)
  • Green and white kerbs
  • Aramco covered building
  • Emirates bridge red cover
  • Pirelli bridge yellow cover
  • Updated pits colors and textures (Paddock Club)

Because of your great skills on these tracks,, Will we be getting a new layout on the next one.:bowdown:

Attachments

• 265037049_10219439844082236_335348657390698746_n.jpg
    265037049_10219439844082236_335348657390698746_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 20
Man does it feel good to clear your AC install every once in a while.
Went from 2580 cars to 'only' 1358 (and pending, it's amazing how many **** mods I've kept year in year out - like binning all the SD F1 ports, rather play the originals in RF or the AMS ports now) and about 150 tracks.
Like spring clearing.

Because of your great skills on these tracks,, Will we be getting a new layout on the next one.:bowdown:
Codemasters didn’t even manage to do it for their own game so at this stage it doesn’t need only skills but some miracle 😂

Believe me I am really sad about it, I even tried to get something done because the flow of this new layout seems really amazing but unfortunately the layout is too much different from last year (especially the new turn 9 section).

So now all we can hope is to get something next year but officially I can tell you there won’t be an extension from my side this week (or at least not for Yas Marina 😉)

Codemasters didn’t even manage to do it for their own game so at this stage it doesn’t need only skills but some miracle 😂

Believe me I am really sad about it, I even tried to get something done because the flow of this new layout seems really amazing but unfortunately the layout is too much different from last year (especially the new turn 9 section).

So now all we can hope is to get something next year but officially I can tell you there won’t be an extension from my side this week (or at least not for Yas Marina 😉)
It already exist and it exist for Assetto Corsa, but i don't think we will have it sooner

Random appreciative post time!

Every so often, I get a little disillusioned with AC. Most likely it's because I've been driving in it since Early Access, back in 2013. A new sim will come along and I'll hear great things about it and, sooner or later, I'll install it and give it a try.

This evening, I gave Automobilista 2 a shot. I've been hearing positive things since this latest update. Everyone says how good it looks and that the physics have been improved so much, blah blah blah...

After a few races, I quickly scurried back to AC. For comparisons sake, I tried several of the same cars at the same tracks in both sims and, for me, AC still has the edge.
Not only do the cars feel better to me in AC, but graphically, I still prefer AC. It might not be as detailed as Automobilista 2, but the colours seem more natural and there are still times with AC (when the time of day and the weather hits just right) that I can just about glimpse a bit of photorealism coming through...

Anyway, the point of my post is to say a big 'thank you' to everyone here for keeping this eight year old sim alive with all of your fantastic work. We may occasionally have our disagreements but, after seeing that the grass is not greener on the other side of the armco barriers, I've accepted that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

This is a matter of interpretation
If it ain't free, very little matter to interpretation. Does not matter how you pay, you have to pay or you are not getting it. :sly:
Everyone says how good it looks and that the physics have been improved so much, blah blah blah...
Not everyone, always the same few guys that are so insecure that they have to flood every thread on how Amazing AMS2 is, not at all like a SMS based game and any one not seeing it as the second coming is out of their mind.

Fact is, very little player base and other fact is, it is not that bad and some content is nice to drive.

I enjoy it for what it is.

It's rare, but even at tropics can snow in winter. You can edit yourself by open the ext_config and remove the strings after ;;;;;; SEASONS ;;;;;

GrassFX is ok, everything works fine, sidelines are already up-to-date if Elias includeed the one made by @macko68, if not, download and overwrite with the files inside this link https://sharemods.com/o8nmi6ssa63k/Elias_Viejo_Tocancipa_UPDATES_by_CrisT86.rar.html
thank you @CrisT86 , I have to test it later, and believe me, I live 100km near to the track, never snow, maybe some hailstorm,and well...maybe rain the 70% of the time, jejejej :nervous::nervous::):cheers:

Every so often, I get a little disillusioned with AC. Most likely it's because I've been driving in it since Early Access, back in 2013. A new sim will come along and I'll hear great things about it and, sooner or later, I'll install it and give it a try.

This evening, I gave Automobilista 2 a shot. I've been hearing positive things since this latest update. Everyone says how good it looks and that the physics have been improved so much, blah blah blah...

After a few races, I quickly scurried back to AC. For comparisons sake, I tried several of the same cars at the same tracks in both sims and, for me, AC still has the edge.
Not only do the cars feel better to me in AC, but graphically, I still prefer AC. It might not be as detailed as Automobilista 2, but the colours seem more natural and there are still times with AC (when the time of day and the weather hits just right) that I can just about glimpse a bit of photorealism coming through...

Anyway, the point of my post is to say a big 'thank you' to everyone here for keeping this eight year old sim alive with all of your fantastic work. We may occasionally have our disagreements but, after seeing that the grass is not greener on the other side of the armco barriers, I've accepted that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Gotta thank the modders But compare both games 'stock' (as is AMS2) and you'll see that AC has aged quite a bit. Still love AC, RF2 and AMS/AMS2.

Thanks a million. This post saved me buying AMS2 since I was fixed at it since some time ago but I always thought why spend money and valuable time (which I don´t have atm) for another sim when AC offers everything as well.

Thanks a million. This post saved me buying AMS2 since I was fixed at it since some time ago but I always thought why spend money and valuable time (which I don´t have atm) for another sim when AC offers everything as well.
One day, when it is completely finished with the updates, it might be worth another try.
But for now, I'm sticking solely with AC for the reasons I have mentioned above.
Of course, this is all my opinion and I'm sure others will have their own opinions on the game.

I can replicate your feelings. I am also a AC player since the beginning. I had my breaks through the years and "left" Assetto for a coulpe of weeks.
I was in love with AMS1 for some time because of the really great FFB/physics. I was playing RRE some time because of the well made custom championship mode and good AI racing. I left AC for some weeks for ACC, because first it seemed to be the new succesor.
And last but not least i gave AMS2 some shots ...

But afterall everytime i come back to AC still playing it 90% of the time... :eek:
So long life Assetto Corsa :dunce:

Btw. speaking of AMS2 - yes it hat very good visuals/ and performance, but i also prefer AC`s realistic look much more.

Its strange - i like and can have a great time with every of the mentioned sims above. But by the end of the day i think why should i?!
Ending with fireing up Assetto as usual... :D

Last edited:
I’ve recently gone down the AC modding rabbit whole and I’m having a blast - was a massive fan of Project Cars 2 but I feel that a modded AC just edges it for me. Love the Formula E mods in particular - those cars are a blast to drive. Loving the 2021 F1 cars as well.

One of the things that surprised me though is how much more unforgiving it seems when compared to iRacing - could just be that I’ve adapted my style to iRacing as that’s all I pretty much go on these days and it’s been ages since I’ve played another sim but AC certainly seemed more challenging in terms of handling the cars - anyone else find this? I’d gotten so in tune with the Porsche GT3 in iRacing but it felt far more challenging in AC.

Last edited:
thank you @CrisT86 , I have to test it later, and believe me, I live 100km near to the track, never snow, maybe some hailstorm,and well...maybe rain the 70% of the time, jejejej :nervous::nervous::):cheers:
I have no doubts about it, but AC still remain a game. We have rainFX on losail where probably it rain 3 days a year, so why not snowing at the tropics ahahahah

If your brain is usually with a mind set of physics, behavior, wheel settings and so on, it is not easy picking up a new game,
start driving and want everything great, due to that damn mind set used to - lets say 95% ? - the other game (AC).
Our brain needs a bit to get used to a new way of doing things. Not too much, but yet needs it.

It is like playing for one week an FPS like Wolfenstein: The New Order, and next, start playing other FPS like Battlefield V.
First impressions can be a bit desapointing, untill the brain get used to its settings, even the mouse movement, can be strange
at the beggining.

As for AI, AMS2 gives what it gives much better.
Want to let clear that I am not a fan boy of nothing.
Just my thought about it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back