Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Umm, what is this all about? :banghead:
I already have full privs.

2ze9iqw.png

A technical question guys (about camber and suspensions):

- You build a mod, and on the 3D model you put the wheels to be perfectly straight (camber = 0 )
- than you build the suspensions.ini file where you can specify the camber
now to the questions:
1. if for example I put the camber to be -1.2 in the ini file, will the actual 3D model change in game (the wheels will visually not be straight) and make the default setup to be -1.2, or only the setup will result having a camber of -1.2 but the wheels will still remain straight ?
2. Do You guys prefer having the default setup set to 0 (zero) and adjust the setup by yourself or you prefer having a sort of default setup that the modder think is best for the car in which case you just start the race without having to fiddle with all the setup adjustments ?

__________________________-
and another non technical question:

Do we have the '68 GTO for Assetto corsa ?

Last edited:
I will second that - really want to see this car in better quality!:)
Me too
It's a nice car but could get Better sound and a bit Better handling and ofc more skins too
AC Is in need of more GT4 Cars (the Lotus models from Kunos are badly BoPd with the other ones and the G55 GT4 Is the only One that goes well with Maserati and Porsche from Kunos)

Last edited:
@KennethSim5

You don't need CM (full) to make the lights work
1. select the lights in cm restricted and look for the name of the object
2. open the file "proviewnodes.ini" and check that the name matches (it should be there, but you never know ;) )
3. open lights.ini from a car that has the lights ok
4. open the lights.ini of the car without working lights
5. copy the lines of the backlights from the working lights.ini to the one that has issues
6. replace the name of the object of the copied lines with the name from step 1.
7. save, test and drive ;)

[LIGHT_9]
NAME=pon_transam_73_lod0_glassLTL_detail_glass_clear___40_vertices_36_faces
COLOR=35,35,27

[LIGHT_10]
NAME=pon_transam_73_lod0_glassRTL_detail_glass_clear___33_vertices_31_faces
COLOR=35,35,27

replace the object name "pon_transam_73_lod0_glassRTL_detail_glass_clear___33_vertices_31_faces" with the one from step 1

Also check and compare with a working sample that the texture and materials are OK (transparency, alpha channel, emissive, etc.)

Last edited:
RTM and AG R18 have the same model and the same Uv, so you can use the new skins by Gladbecker with the rtm car as well.
hahaha oh wow you are right :D even though i dont understand this cause the mesh seemed to be different from what i remembered, but that was also like half a year ago.

I think i will update this car with the RTM version than

update - just simply moving the data folder over does not do much though. it breaks the car.

Last edited:
Me too
It's a nice car but could get Better sound and a bit Better handling and ofc more skins too
AC Is in need of more GT4 Cars (the Lotus models from Kunos are badly BoPd with the other ones and the G55 GT4 Is the only One that goes well with Maserati and Porsche from Kunos)

Yes, I would also love to see some updated GT4 lineups, considering how imbalanced the Kunos ones are with modded ones; just look at how diverse it is in British GT for example, they've had these cars in GT4 since/ in the last year;
1. The new Vantage GT4 (From this year onwards replacing the old one)
2. The KTM GT4 (Did I mention Raceroom already has it?)
3. A Nissan 370Z GT4
4. A Toyota GT86 GT4
5. Jaguar F-Type GT4
6. Ford Mustang GT4 (New this year)
7. Audi R8 GT4 (New this year)
8. The AMG GT4
9. The Mclaren 570S GT4

Believe me I saw the Invictus Racing Jaguar F-Type myself last year at Brands Hatch and the engine note, even compared to the GT3 cars, is to die for. I would absolutely love to see it modded, even if it is payware by VRC, RSS, or URD. Also I'm not mentioning the Ginetta since it's already been done for AC.

Last edited:
hahaha oh wow you are right :D even though i dont understand this cause the mesh seemed to be different from what i remembered, but that was also like half a year ago.

I think i will update this car with the RTM version than

update - just simply moving the data folder over does not do much though. it breaks the car.
I'm sure you will find the solution to have the car updated. Btw, loving the Porsche 919 update. :D :D
EDIT: I'm like 8 seconds faster in Le Mans compared to the kunos 919 2016. Loving the speed of this car.

Last edited:
Yes, I would also love to see some updated GT4 lineups, considering how imbalanced the Kunos ones are with modded ones; just look at how diverse it is in British GT for example, they've had these cars in GT4 since/ in the last year;
1. The new Vantage GT4 (From this year onwards replacing the old one)
2. The KTM GT4 (Did I mention Raceroom already has it?)
3. A Nissan 370Z GT4
4. A Toyota GT86 GT4
5. Jaguar F-Type GT4
6. Ford Mustang GT4 (New this year)
7. Audi R8 GT4 (New this year)
8. The AMG GT4

Believe me I saw the Invictus Racing Jaguar F-Type myself last year at Brands Hatch and the engine note, even compared to the GT3 cars, is to die for. I would absolutely love to see it modded, even if it is payware by VRC, RSS, or URD. Also I'm not mentioning the Ginetta since it's already been done for AC.
I totally agree
There is a Vantage GT4 on Assetto Land, the X-Bow GT4 on AL or Rollovers (i guess it's the same mod) and a BMW M3 GT4 on AL but they are not BoPd on the Kunos cars
There is also a GT4 BoPd Evora GX somewhere and Guerrilla mods are working on a BMW M4 GT4
But there is a lot of cars missing like the wonderful Alpine A110 GT4

Now making a GT4 Championship Is to make a series with three cars (Ginetta, Maserati, Porsche) cause they are the only three ones that goes well together (It Is how I play with my Friends when we make the GT4 Blancpain Euro Series)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back