Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
If only everyone

If only everyone followed this.
Who cares if a mod isn't perfect or has flaws, who cares if I use something that someone doesn't like. Who cares that I like this 8 wheeled monster truck (ok i'm kidding about that one)
Whilst I completely agree (to each his own), as a relatively newcomer to AC who enjoys 'convincing' simulation, I can tell you it makes it really hard to find mods that drive 'properly' (subjective to an extent, I know) amongst all the tons of mods out there. I've worked my way through literally hundreds and hundreds of mods. If only there was some reference list somewhere for newbies, that lists mods that has been cleared by the community as "good mods that drive well". Maybe there is? :)

Last edited:
Since this good Jarama track has been shown up at RD. Has anybody encountered these FPS drops as I did when even running a hotlap session? Could it be the crowd which is responsible for that? Camera facing?
I don't have any big FPS drops myself, but I do have microstutters in various places.

Last edited:
While not solving the problem of the "crazy dolls"... version one of the Ferrari 312T3 ( 1978 ) came out, end of the season, different rear spoiler from the beginning of 1978.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1661888596.png
    __custom_showroom_1661888596.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 29
  • __custom_showroom_1661888619.png
    __custom_showroom_1661888619.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 29
  • __custom_showroom_1661888871.png
    __custom_showroom_1661888871.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 30
Whilst I completely agree (to each his own), as a relatively newcomer to AC who enjoys 'convincing' simulation, I can tell you it makes it really hard to find mods that drive 'properly' (subjective to an extent, I know) amongst all the tons of mods out there. I've worked my way through literally hundreds and hundreds of mods. If only there was some reference list somewhere for newbies, that lists mods that has been cleared by the community as "good mods that drive well". Maybe there is? :)
I guess the general idea is that if you want to solely focus on F1 racing then you get F1 cars and tracks and you rarely if ever dip into the myriad of other mods available.
If on the other hand part of the 'game' is sifting through mods, fiddling, fixing, etc then you get folks (like me certainly in the past) who download everything, as that was 'the game'.
At that point its almost addiction and mods are a fix and some (like real drugs) give you the hit you craved and others don't so you have to go out searching for that next hit and hopefully you find it.
Add in patreon where effectively we have dealers of degrees of quality catering to us addicts.

I have moved away from that mostly, and also I've spread back out into other sims and games, many of which do 'racing' far better than AC ever could or can.

In 2 weeks I've converted like 10 short UK ovals and 12 cars, kinda addicted. Currently thinking of deleting every road car now bar kunos ones.
You find your place and you'll never convince a guy who tries to re-enact the exact grid for le mans 1979 right down to the correct driver gloves, that actually you could be driving a bus around high force, and visa versa.

The good and bad mods thing by rusty was done to death here, it became a nasty piece of work that called his friends stuff good and others who weren't in the 'gang' bad mods, it became childish.

Its subjective. YOU are the best judge really because its you sat there having to use the stuff at the end of the day.

At that point its almost addiction and mods are a fix and some (like real drugs) give you the hit you craved and others don't so you have to go out searching for that next hit and hopefully you find it.
Hehe yes that's pretty much where I am now, although I'm starting to get over the 'grab everything' mode!
In 2 weeks I've converted like 10 short UK ovals and 12 cars, kinda addicted. Currently thinking of deleting every road car now bar kunos ones.
I started heading down that path as well, fixing up wipers on every car I find that doesn't have them as the rain in AC with CSP is just so bloody good! There's so many of them in wiper-less state though that I find myself having to start being picky or I'll spend all my time setting up wipers. :)
The good and bad mods thing by rusty was done to death here, it became a nasty piece of work that called his friends stuff good and others who weren't in the 'gang' bad mods, it became childish.

Its subjective. YOU are the best judge really because its you sat there having to use the stuff at the end of the day.
This is true, although of course there are likeminded players who'd agree on the same things (mostly). But yep, a public "these are the must-haves", as nice as that would be, is just unrealistic to expect.

Then again, there's good fun to be had in sifting through the myriad of cars and tracks, and one definitely develops a nose for crap after a while!

Their was a 1979 version I had for Race07 back in the day, from a 1979 track pack that must of been converted from some earlier title. Gtr2 RFactor? Not sure how dated it would look though.

Yes the good old GPC79 tracks I almost forgot. And the base of the tracks were made for F1 challenge so my guess was right.
EDIT: I have one unreleased of them in my archive. Maybe I will have a look for a release. Buenos Aires 1979 I already released years ago.

Last edited:
does someone have an updated version of Gilles Schleizer Dreieck?
Oh my, that is rather nice. Thank you for pointing this out as I'd not heard of this track before, there are quite a few motorbike videos on youtube showing nice elevation changes and an interesting layout.

If anyone would like to have a go at a good lighting config for this 'track' NEC autosport arena, then PM me and I'll send you the link.
I did one but its not great and i think this arena deserves a good one.
Cheers

Screenshot_axfor_camotos_r6_necbirm_30-7-122-21-48-28.jpg

Screenshot_axfor_camotos_r6_necbirm_30-7-122-21-49-9.jpg

Last edited:
Link to my Sergio Loro Watkins Glen skin\ext_config update. Tried to make more realistic colors because my previous version was too blue\faded\vintage looking. Also a small grassfx tweak. I will eventually update my RD resource with this once I hear any feedback or suggestions for improvements.

Sergio Loro's Watkins Glen skin\ext_config

Couple of notes:
-- Backup extension and skin folders to be safe.
-- I couldn't decide on a saturation level I preferred so there is an LS version for each skin. Obviously LS stands for low saturation.
-- The reversed skins simply flip the green and brown grass. I find the reversed to be good for a burnt out summer look.
-- To keep the download file size down, I put redundant textures in their own skin. You can copy and paste those into each skin folder to avoid the need to enable more than one skin.
-- If you prefer a slightly darker\deeper look to the grass, enable the GlenMask skin.
-- I made one tree texture replacement, but can make a case for the old one. If you are familiar with previous versions of this skin, you'll pick out the tree right away. If you prefer the old tree, simply delete the popnegro file and rename popnegro_original to popnegro.
-- If you want the pa announcer back, open up the ext_config file and set ACTIVE = 1 for the ext_config-pa-announcer.ini section.
-- As always, all color choices were made using my own personal ppfilters so I don't know how this will look on other systems. For all I know, it could suck royally. :)

sl_glen2.jpg

With Legions A442B the rev limiter goes in 2 circles as if it were a record, how do I set the REV limiter so that it stops at 11,000 rpm.?

Hehe yes that's pretty much where I am now, although I'm starting to get over the 'grab everything' mode!

I started heading down that path as well, fixing up wipers on every car I find that doesn't have them as the rain in AC with CSP is just so bloody good! There's so many of them in wiper-less state though that I find myself having to start being picky or I'll spend all my time setting up wipers. :)

This is true, although of course there are likeminded players who'd agree on the same things (mostly). But yep, a public "these are the must-haves", as nice as that would be, is just unrealistic to expect.

Then again, there's good fun to be had in sifting through the myriad of cars and tracks, and one definitely develops a nose for crap after a while!
That seems to be where I'm at currently. No longer do I have to grab every new mod that's available. I have more cars already on my hard drive, some I'll likely never use, same with tracks. So lately I would say I spend more time skinning in Paint Shop than actually on track, and then when on track I like to race, don't get me wrong, but I enjoy going through the replay and looking at the skins which I created and for great photo ops and clicking a screenshot. That screens folder is my screensaver as well. Thing is Assetto Corsa means something different to each one.

Yes the good old GPC79 tracks I almost forgot. And the base of the tracks were made for F1 challenge so my guess was right.
EDIT: I have one unreleased of them in my archive. Maybe I will have a look for a release. Buenos Aires 1979 I already released years ago.
1979 Zandvoort would be nice, if there is that small Scheckter-Chicane...

Since this good Jarama track has been shown up at RD. Has anybody encountered these FPS drops as I did when even running a hotlap session? Could it be the crowd which is responsible for that? Camera facing?
Have you checked his ext_config.ini? He has 87 different Events for this track!!!!!!! And 20 different sfx-sound-files. I am not surprised that the performance on this track is very poor.

On the other side the Grass_FX is not working properly. To fix that add ?GRAS? and ?SAND? to the GRASS_MATERIALS.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back