Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Hi I would like to let you know about a problem I am having with Assetto.
I have a rather efficient PC but I cannot exceed 60 fps in races with 30 AI. I realized that my CPU and GPU are only running at 30%.
Do you know if an adjustment is restricting the machine ?

My config is as follows:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700
Nvidia GTX 3070 TI
32 GB of RAM

Thank you for your comeback
From what I recall, AC is unfortunately not optimized for multi-core CPUs like yours. Everything runs on only one core, so single-core performance is king. The Zen 2 processors like the 3700 you have are notoriously weak single-core CPUs - fantastic for multitasking and for (rare) multi-core optimized video games - not so good for the much more common single-thread reliant applications like AC.

Open up Afterburner and take a look at the readout - make sure to enable each CPU core in the overlay, and CPU0 in this case is the one to watch. Keep in mind that the "Overall" CPU usage isn't helpful in this case - the rest of your cores could lay dormant, while CPU0 is overloaded - and it would still show as something like 30%.

If the slowdowns are happening because your CPU0 is overloaded (99%), that means that you'll likely have to lower the AI count. I can get slowdowns in a field of 24 if AI get into a huge accident on my 9900K 5 GHz, which is a significantly stronger single-core performer.

Just curious, do most people have this option enabled in the CSP settings? I just tried it and I really like what it does, although on my end it requires me to raise the ambient value on the trees a bit. But that's a small thing to deal with for the difference I see.

option.jpg

Random write up about the 2 new Lexus RCF GT3 cars....yes I am bored so I got them both...

Like most I've had the previous ACC rip Lexus, it was actually a really good, free mod. When RSS came out I had to think about if I actually want to get it. But I was pretty happy with their Mercedes GT3 Evo and it was to my mind better than the previous Mercedes that were available out there, and their Lambo was also really good. So I got the Lexus. And it was great! Comparable balance to the other RSS cars(and other GT3 out there, where as the old free Lexus was getting slow). The car drove with some heft and it moves about with a purpose and the steering FFB feels pretty good. You feel like you are throwing a sedan body car around. And the sound was really good.

Then of course URD came out with their version, at first I thought why would you need both. But I was worry about how well supported the RSS one would be since its been out a bit a still pretty lacking in skinning support. Where as the new URD you can already find skins for it. So I was like why not, I like their 992 as well and it was a really well done car. First thing I noticed though was the interior in the RSS is better looking, where it was just how the shader works in the car or something. The carbon texture also looks nicer. And the screen on the RSS looks like a "screen", if you know what I mean. There are more toys to play with in the URD car though with 2 stage TC and different engine map and the screen itself can be configured for different sessions. Driving wise, URD car lacks the sense of mass that the RSS car has, it feels more planted and more sanitized. Running basically the default setups for both around Road Atlanta they came down to about .2 sec in favor of the URD car but it came about really differently. The RSS car moves around under braking and you have to control the weight transfer for consciously where as the URD car seems to just grip. I think the 992 was a more engaging drive than this. Not to say its bad, but its just different especially having something to compare with.

Would be curious to see what's next up. Would be nice to have NSX, and maybe an up-to-date 296 GT3. Not to say the free ones aren't good(CF's 296 is actually quite good I think, if not a bit too fast), and who would have the first proper C8 GT3R...

Also, running the newest version of the preview CSP I still get the curb lock up...so I guess thats still not fixed...

Last edited:
So i'm running a race at Monza to test out the new ai I created and also some tweaks to my own config. I'm watching the replay when it hit me, how lucky am I to have a place like this and discord to get answers from people to all my stupid questions so I could learn enough about editing AC stuff to get the game to look the way I want. I mean really, 2-3 years ago I knew nothing (and I mean nothing) about configs, ai files, editing textures, changing kn5 files and making 3d models, etc. I still don't know half of what I wished I knew but at least I know enough now to get by.

So I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone here who has helped me over the past few years so I could get tracks to look like these. I know they are not perfect and may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are how I see the world and it helps me enjoy AC that much more when the game looks like what I see when I look out the window.

monza.jpg

nords.jpg

X90
From what I recall, AC is unfortunately not optimized for multi-core CPUs like yours. Everything runs on only one core, so single-core performance is king. The Zen 2 processors like the 3700 you have are notoriously weak single-core CPUs - fantastic for multitasking and for (rare) multi-core optimized video games - not so good for the much more common single-thread reliant applications like AC.

Open up Afterburner and take a look at the readout - make sure to enable each CPU core in the overlay, and CPU0 in this case is the one to watch. Keep in mind that the "Overall" CPU usage isn't helpful in this case - the rest of your cores could lay dormant, while CPU0 is overloaded - and it would still show as something like 30%.

If the slowdowns are happening because your CPU0 is overloaded (99%), that means that you'll likely have to lower the AI count. I can get slowdowns in a field of 24 if AI get into a huge accident on my 9900K 5 GHz, which is a significantly stronger single-core performer.
Thank you for your detailed analysis !! Indeed you must be right the problem must be at this level. The crazy thing is that until now I didn't find it problematic but a few days ago my PC started running the game at 140 fps easily for no reason and everything is came back as before...
I'm going to do some testing this weekend. Thank you so much !!

Do you achieve higher fps with less AI ? Or is it always 60? If you are running at 30% cpu and gpu I'm guessing there is just a fps limit turned on somewhere (in CM: Assetto Corsa - Video - Limit framerate and in NVidia control panel : Max Frame Rate and Background Application Max Frame Rate). Also check Vertical Sync is off (if you have that on and your monitor is set to output 60Hz it will also cap your fps at 60 if not mistaken).
I'm going to watch it all this weekend thank you very much !!

X90
I think Zwiss's Algarve (zw_algarve) is pretty good. I believe the source was Grid Autosport, which of course won't have exact mesh precision, but it has the "big feel" it needs and the way the FFB ramps up in the undulating S2 is very cool. I generally drive the RSS 90's Prototypes there.

The AI is very slow and accident-prone, perhaps to little surprise. But it is still a good time to drive. I think only an AI update (perhaps by yours truly if I ever get around to actually learning Parri's method past reading the post) is pressingly needed.

Not the case with Jerez and a few other circuits (Bahrain, Eastern Creek/Sydney MP, Yas Marina [CHQ purgatory] & Sepang being the others that immediately come to mind). If real-life onboards and the AMS2 laser scan are to be believed, this Jerez is simply not good enough.

Bahrain in particular apparently has an excellent RF2 laser scanned version. ;)

I did note, though, that there are not a lot of stinkers that stick out in my >1200 track library. A testament to the breadth of AC modding.

I have not tried Neil Shaw's Motorland Aragon yet. I've heard it's all right.
I didn't say they aren't good, just not as good as some newer tracks which have crispier and sharper surfaces (mostly asphalt and curbs) which is most of the times what I usually first notice when I download a track.

For example, Neil Shaw's version of Aragon is pretty good but I immediately noticed some inaccuracies when I tried it. Just a little update of the curbs around this track would already take it to a much better level.

Same with some of the Agarve versions I've tried. Its asphalt and curbs didn't look that good comparing to many other tracks out there. The same applies to many other tracks of course.

So i'm running a race at Monza to test out the new ai I created and also some tweaks to my own config. I'm watching the replay when it hit me, how lucky am I to have a place like this and discord to get answers from people to all my stupid questions so I could learn enough about editing AC stuff to get the game to look the way I want. I mean really, 2-3 years ago I knew nothing (and I mean nothing) about configs, ai files, editing textures, changing kn5 files and making 3d models, etc. I still don't know half of what I wished I knew but at least I know enough now to get by.

So I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone here who has helped me over the past few years so I could get tracks to look like these. I know they are not perfect and may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are how I see the world and it helps me enjoy AC that much more when the game looks like what I see when I look out the window.

View attachment 1296660

View attachment 1296661

And we're lucky to have you and all you've contributed back - at least four of my vintage tracks collection have your name all over it thanks!

CSP 0.1.80-preview428
AI cars are still braking as they cross the start\finish line every lap.
Back to 218 for me.
Try this: Search for the latest version of the track (on Breathe's list). Download it. Delete your version of the track. Install the new one EVEN IF IT IS THE SAME VERSION! This worked for me on most tracks.

It seems to me that all tracks that I have installed during a certain time period (and with some specific CSP-version) have the start/finish problem. I know that this workaround makes no sense at all - but somehow it worked for me. Good luck.

Try this: Search for the latest version of the track (on Breathe's list). Download it. Delete your version of the track. Install the new one EVEN IF IT IS THE SAME VERSION! This worked for me on most tracks.

It seems to me that all tracks that I have installed during a certain time period (and with some specific CSP-version) have the start/finish problem. I know that this workaround makes no sense at all - but somehow it worked for me. Good luck.
Sorry but why should this work? I rather suppose it depends on what you have in the corresponding AI folder of each track.

X90
I think Zwiss's Algarve (zw_algarve) is pretty good. I believe the source was Grid Autosport, which of course won't have exact mesh precision, but it has the "big feel" it needs and the way the FFB ramps up in the undulating S2 is very cool. I generally drive the RSS 90's Prototypes there.

The AI is very slow and accident-prone, perhaps to little surprise. But it is still a good time to drive. I think only an AI update (perhaps by yours truly if I ever get around to actually learning Parri's method past reading the post) is pressingly needed.

Not the case with Jerez and a few other circuits (Bahrain, Eastern Creek/Sydney MP, Yas Marina [CHQ purgatory] & Sepang being the others that immediately come to mind). If real-life onboards and the AMS2 laser scan are to be believed, this Jerez is simply not good enough.

Bahrain in particular apparently has an excellent RF2 laser scanned version. ;)

I did note, though, that there are not a lot of stinkers that stick out in my >1200 track library. A testament to the breadth of AC modding.

I have not tried Neil Shaw's Motorland Aragon yet. I've heard it's all right.
Actually, the Portimao I released is a converted Simbin version, and a guy that knows the track well told me that the elevations are not very accurate. The Grid version is better in that respect. I had a raw conversion of the Grid track on my HD but it's missing many objects (fences etc) and would take a lot of work.

For the time being, I think my version, but updated by Marc_13000 and Gunnar333 is best version around.

Thank you for the update. Would it be somehow possible to incorporate all the variants from the Legion version?

View attachment 1296631
I personally do not care much for reverse and other fantasy layouts.
I could release a realistic Pre-96 version, but then I would have to remodel the infield (the current road and pits were not there) and move the start and pits to the opposite side. Some releases by Legion are called 'faux' because the surroundings are not realistic at all.
I understand some like to drive layouts long gone, so do I, but I prefer it when the 'feel' is historically correct too.

I already started with a Croft 1995 beta, but it's very hard to find pictured and video from that era.

Example: I very much love the Spa 1938 released by Legion, but it's on my to do list to remove the Raidillon and Stavelot corners because they were built in 1939. Also the pits were totally different before 1939...
I just need more time :)

I personally do not care much for reverse and other fantasy layouts.
I could release a realistic Pre-96 version, but then I would have to remodel the infield (the current road and pits were not there) and move the start and pits to the opposite side. Some releases by Legion are called 'faux' because the surroundings are not realistic at all.
I understand some like to drive layouts long gone, so do I, but I prefer it when the 'feel' is historically correct too.

I already started with a Croft 1995 beta, but it's very hard to find pictured and video from that era.

Example: I very much love the Spa 1938 released by Legion, but it's on my to do list to remove the Raidillon and Stavelot corners because they were built in 1939. Also the pits were totally different before 1939...
I just need more time :)
It's a good thing to think

About Spa 1938, you can too add way more forest than in game
https://www.motorsportimages.com/photos/series/sports-cars/?location_id=280&year=1938

Critical bug in TreePlanter app

The 3d-Tree app, TreePlanter has a bug in the "view" tab. Using this function to hide/show 2d or 3d trees will result in corruption of ./extension/ext_config.ini in the current track. This is caused by a faulty method to set the visibility by reading any ksTree entry and then tries to copy this to a new section and setting LOD_IN=10000 (for 2d trees), resulting in a corruption of the config.

The author has been contacted in regards to this matter, but in the meantime I have a created a patch that disables this function.

Relplace assettocorsa\apps\lua\TreePlanter\TreePlanterEditor.lua with the file in the attatched archive

Attachments

• TreePlanterEditor.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have several mods that I can't use because they are only driving in reverse. Is this a incompatibility with new CSP versions and old mods?

It's Release Friday! :)

Today with many updates of existing packages. The Modern Day Racing Series had now a championship more, the Super Formula 2022.

--------------------

Update MDRS

v1.2
-new championship: Super Formula 2023 from Japan
-direct links for H22 tracks from Argentina
-changed the TC 2023 Buenos Aires track to the 2023 version
-changed the F1 2023 Losail track to the 2023 version
-added Formula Regional Oceania 2023 accurate setting by SthrnOldskool in new extras folder
-removed the "MD" tag from the race grid names
-faster AI for Rafaela + El Zonda and Balcarce
-raised number of cars for the race grid of Turismo Carretera 2023
-fixed Formula Regional Oceania 2023 race grid

--------------------

Update GPLmania

v1.2
-change race length for the "Into the woods" final at Solitude
-added xml format to the download file

--------------------

Update of the mega packs with new fixes:

--------------------

Video of the upcoming track La Herradura 1967

You can test the track WIP now at my Patreon:

Whilst I agree, I appreciate that things like these could take a lot of work, so I can understand not undertaking this.
The only problem I have with Montreal is the ai line through the fast sweepers after the hairpin.
The ai cars lift off the gas there(maybe even hit the brakes!), when it should be comfortably flat-out.

Can You also improwe Ai throu Maggots-Becetts-Chappel on Silverstone?
Ai looses over a second there

It's Release Friday! :)

Today with many updates of existing packages. The Modern Day Racing Series had now a championship more, the Super Formula 2022.

--------------------

Update MDRS

v1.2
-new championship: Super Formula 2023 from Japan
-direct links for H22 tracks from Argentina
-changed the TC 2023 Buenos Aires track to the 2023 version
-changed the F1 2023 Losail track to the 2023 version
-added Formula Regional Oceania 2023 accurate setting by SthrnOldskool in new extras folder
-removed the "MD" tag from the race grid names
-faster AI for Rafaela + El Zonda and Balcarce
-raised number of cars for the race grid of Turismo Carretera 2023
-fixed Formula Regional Oceania 2023 race grid

--------------------

Update GPLmania

v1.2
-change race length for the "Into the woods" final at Solitude
-added xml format to the download file

--------------------

Update of the mega packs with new fixes:

--------------------

Video of the upcoming track La Herradura 1967

You can test the track WIP now at my Patreon:

Rainmaker created better AIs for Montreal and Silverstone in the 1992 Track Pack. Thank you.
If ai_hints.ini exists in Montreal's data folder, delete it.

Porsche 356 A Speedster Race Car v0.91

changelog

1-correction of the axis of the tachometer and speedometer.
2-added reversing light.
3-correction of the “martini” skin.
4-correction of the wiper position on the passenger side.
5-added\updated lods

Thanks for the updates. Mileage isn't getting saved, maybe the folder name is too long (I think 33 characters is the limit with no caps, or something?).
Also, didn't realise you were adjusting the lights, so didn't mention it before, but the orange blinkers are currently mapped as the rear lights. Maybe the real car had shared rear lights/brake lights like a lot of old cars did?

Last edited:
Random write up about the 2 new Lexus RCF GT3 cars....yes I am bored so I got them both...

Like most I've had the previous ACC rip Lexus, it was actually a really good, free mod. When RSS came out I had to think about if I actually want to get it. But I was pretty happy with their Mercedes GT3 Evo and it was to my mind better than the previous Mercedes that were available out there, and their Lambo was also really good. So I got the Lexus. And it was great! Comparable balance to the other RSS cars(and other GT3 out there, where as the old free Lexus was getting slow). The car drove with some heft and it moves about with a purpose and the steering FFB feels pretty good. You feel like you are throwing a sedan body car around. And the sound was really good.

Then of course URD came out with their version, at first I thought why would you need both. But I was worry about how well supported the RSS one would be since its been out a bit a still pretty lacking in skinning support. Where as the new URD you can already find skins for it. So I was like why not, I like their 992 as well and it was a really well done car. First thing I noticed though was the interior in the RSS is better looking, where it was just how the shader works in the car or something. The carbon texture also looks nicer. And the screen on the RSS looks like a "screen", if you know what I mean. There are more toys to play with in the URD car though with 2 stage TC and different engine map and the screen itself can be configured for different sessions. Driving wise, URD car lacks the sense of mass that the RSS car has, it feels more planted and more sanitized. Running basically the default setups for both around Road Atlanta they came down to about .2 sec in favor of the URD car but it came about really differently. The RSS car moves around under braking and you have to control the weight transfer for consciously where as the URD car seems to just grip. I think the 992 was a more engaging drive than this. Not to say its bad, but its just different especially having something to compare with.

Would be curious to see what's next up. Would be nice to have NSX, and maybe an up-to-date 296 GT3. Not to say the free ones aren't good(CF's 296 is actually quite good I think, if not a bit too fast), and who would have the first proper C8 GT3R...

Also, running the newest version of the preview CSP I still get the curb lock up...so I guess thats still not fixed...
good writeup. The first thing I noticed on the RSS car was that weighty feel when driving it. The sound, it is hard to go wrong with RSS when you have NK and CorsaMode doing the sounds. They are much more dynamic with small nuances that you do not get elsewhere. The model of the RSS car is significantly better for me. There are errors on the URD model that make me think they used ACC as the blueprint as their model is off in certain areas the same way the ACC one is. I am not too worried about the skins on the RSS car as the community supports them for years after a release. I would say, if you have not tried, RSS car comes with an optional csp physics file that adds engine maps and things. It does not have the extra pages of display though.

Thanks for the updates. Mileage isn't getting saved, maybe the folder name is too long (I think 33 characters is the limit with no caps, or something?).
Also, didn't realise you were adjusting the lights, so didn't mention it before, but the orange blinkers are currently mapped as the rear lights. Maybe the real car had shared rear lights/brake lights like a lot of old cars did?
yes, there is something wrong with the odometer, I'll try to shorten the folder name.
Regarding the rear lights, I have seen several videos where the side rear lights are constantly on as side lights, and not as turn signals, and the inside rear lights are like brake lights. so I did that. If this is not the case, then in principle I can turn off the side rear lights...

upd. yes, a short folder name solves the problem, after we solve the situation with the rear lights I will post v0.92

Last edited:
Anyone have problems with "walking out" feature in new CSP? "Player Car" get stuck/bricked after get out and get in again. Only teleporting between cars in Trackday Mode (Ctrl+NUM1) brings control back

Actually, the Portimao I released is a converted Simbin version, and a guy that knows the track well told me that the elevations are not very accurate. The Grid version is better in that respect. I had a raw conversion of the Grid track on my HD but it's missing many objects (fences etc) and would take a lot of work.

For the time being, I think my version, but updated by Marc_13000 and Gunnar333 is best version around.
i agree with you, i have tried every portimao and yours/marc/gunnar for me is actually 1 of my favourite track in ac ive done over 5k on that track alone. thanks for making it

Vayline Motors Int. Raceway v1.2

Screenshot_lotus_2_eleven_vayline_raceway_20-9-123-21-16-58.jpg

Fictional circuit.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-2 layout
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by zerez86
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
grass-brd3-F.dds base by LuisB
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

-Added sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)
-Fixed the gap between the guardrail and the ground.
-Reworked fast_lane.ai and sidelines for both layouts.
-Billboard textures were upscaled with AI.

v1.2 changelog;

-Changed the shaders on the fences. (Thanks Mascot for the report.)
-Fixed floating objects.
-Other minor fixes.

Last edited:
I reiterate this concept regarding my TVR 400r. I really appreciate that there are people interested in this mod, but is far from finished. This mod was born as a personal project, and the more time passes the more I think "if it comes out well, I'll almost publish it". All the assets haven't been replaced yet, and I couldn't release something with stuff stolen from other mods. I also intend to create the physics ad hoc for the same reason. I know well that this car is not in AC and I know that it is one of the few cars missing for a full grid of gtr2, but I cannot release anything in this state, it would be immoral and unfair towards other modders. It's not even optimized. I'm not a real modder, this is my first major project and I still have a lot to learn. I'm sorry to say no to you but now I can't do otherwise. Be understanding, please.

Last edited:
Maybe the real car had shared rear lights/brake lights like a lot of old cars did?

the side headlights, as I understand it, are both side lights and turn signals (perform the functions alternately) and the internal ones are brake lights, so I’ll leave everything as it is in fashion.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back