Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,902 comments
shi
Townsville Street Circuit v1.1

View attachment 1183632
Conversion from rFactor2.
Reid Park Street Circuit, also known as the Townsville Street Circuit, is a semi-permanent street circuit located in Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
Opened in 2009, the circuit hosts the Townsville 400 Supercars Championship event every year. (wikipedia)

This track is based on 2012.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by zolee145 and Thank you for gave me permission
rFactor2 conversion by Ash74
rFactor2 update by Obbzy

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by Eren Tuzci (up to v1.0)
logo.png, sections file by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member john brown.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added 3D terrain.
Updated road line meshes and textures.
Updated billboard textures.
Updated ext_config.
Updated road mapping.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
Updated fast_lane.ai by Rainmaker. (Thanks)
Updated pit_lane.ai.

Townsville Street Circuit v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
Added 3D terrain.
Updated road line meshes and textures.
Updated billboard textures.
Updated ext_config.
Updated road mapping.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
Updated fast_lane.ai by Rainmaker. (Thanks)
Updated pit_lane.ai.

Screenshot_ks_nissan_skyline_r34_townsville2012_1-11-123-19-16-40.jpg

Do you plan making a 2001/2002 Bentley EXP Speed 8 or the 2002 Panoz LMP which has different nose design?

Bentley-BC4.jpg

7bf3b72ec22caef47ef95e1cb9c94186.jpg
1 simple word: yes - you can name any LMP car before 2006....we will be working on them....literally....(even if some look like crap, like the lister storm)
ironically...that's the 2003 spec Doran (the body is already on) only the skin is needed

Screenshot_dlc_audi_r8_lmp_lemans_2017_25-5-122-14-27-26.jpg

Few here already (with VRC included)

Last edited:
Just noticed a strange issue with RSS Formula 1986 .. with Extended Physics enabled (in CM) the car wouldn't exceed 209km/h
Without Extended Physics it would go as fast as normal.

What's the general consensus regarding Extended Physics? Enable by default or disabled by default because most mods won't use it?

Suzuka has the problem over the "suzukagroove", same fix works fine, tomorrow i'll see the rest of the tracks again, but i remember 4-5 with this problem in differents situations.

View attachment 1307830

Another is Mont Tremblant
Before and after fix (material "skids")
View attachment 1307832

finally i checked some tracks today, the last is my favourite, Oulton Park (material dirtrunoff1)

View attachment 1307833

With Varjo Aero you see all clearly
OK, I see there's more. I only tried all tracks for the white lines issue, not the road.
must say I never noticed it before. maybe it's less obvious on triples than with VR.

So I checked these again and some more is needed:
  • for Suzuka you need to add suzukagroovelayouts
  • Mt Tremblant: also GROOVE_1
  • Oulton: SKIDS

Haven't checked others so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the Stanguellini still has the "Sergio Loro" badge on both the nose and the steering wheel and the Elva still says "Alba" on the nose. I'm not savvy enough to make good texture replacements, so I humbly ask if a more versed someone is willing to make them.
Yep, I know about theses issues. Unfortunately I don't know how to edit 3D, since I'm just a JSON guy.

Another problem is that time is becoming a luxury item for me. For example, I wanted to have edited all the JSONs for JawnKwan's vintage skinpacks, but I couldn't even do that (and I don't think I will). So, without time it is difficult to do anything right on AC.

I don't know why, Wheels in RFC_ford_focus_mk1_02 and 04 versions look quite good on the showroom (white) and then when I am on track they look darker, more grey/silver than they are. Even having edited the rfcrimoz.dds
Someone told me something about the shaders, but I still dunno what they are, do and how to edit them. Is there a possibioity to know how can I detect the reason that produces this error, and eventually fix it?
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_aca1cf4f-c4b4-4b1a-abe3-d5b99a5bd46b.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_f0b9a717-8f1b-4935-a5a0-6d22ce8d6123.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why, Wheels in RFC_ford_focus_mk1_02 and 04 versions look quite good on the showroom (white) and then when I am on track they look darker, more grey/silver than they are. Even having edited the rfcrimoz.dds
Someone told me something about the shaders, but I still dunno what they are, do and how to edit them. Is there a possibioity to know how can I detect the reason that produces this error, and eventually fix it?View attachment 1308084View attachment 1308086

Take note of the material associated to the rims and search in the ext config (extension or skin folder) if there is any script associated with that material.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the Stanguellini still has the "Sergio Loro" badge on both the nose and the steering wheel and the Elva still says "Alba" on the nose. I'm not savvy enough to make good texture replacements, so I humbly ask if a more versed someone is willing to make them.

Has there been an update to activate the wind turbines at Zolder RT (2019)? I found an update for Zolder_Pascalwb but nothing for the RT version...

Thanks Fanapryde :) Yes, 1.01. Apparently my wind was set too low to activate them. Previously (elsewhere) I have found that even very low settings (1mph) activated them...

Last edited:
X90
And in "Part Deux" of problems with these new builds, does anyone know why the New UI is not displaying pit stop strategies? Just noticed this - was working before the release of the latest public CSP 0.2.0.

Tried fiddling with the pit stop options in CM, no luck. New UI is completely blank. Happens on 3 cars I tried - this URD Radical, the Kunos Mercedes AMG GT3, and the Mad Formula Team MFT2. All have the same behavior. It's not the car.

New UI and Old UI pics below.

I've been lucky with my lack of bugs from CSP over the past year or two. I guess this is the law of averages coming back round.

View attachment 1307849

View attachment 1307848
Same here with VRC's F1 23. I noted that yesterday, pitstop strategies don't show anymore.

OK, I see there's more. I only tried all tracks for the white lines issue, not the road.
must say I never noticed it before. maybe it's less obvious on triples than with VR.

So I checked these again and some more is needed:
  • for Suzuka you need to add suzukagroovelayouts
  • Mt Tremblant: also GROOVE_1
  • Oulton: SKIDS

Haven't checked others so far.
Can zou please help?
I don't get it... I don't even have files with these names in my track folders. What am I supposed to add? Tried it for Suzuka but nothing changed...

Can zou please help?
I don't get it... I don't even have files with these names in my track folders. What am I supposed to add? Tried it for Suzuka but nothing changed...
Sure. If you have these 'issues', use this code (add it at the end of the ext_config.ini, which you will find in the extension folder of the track).

This one is specific for rt_suzuka.
For others tracks if needed: change the material name (found with Objects Inspector), because almost each track uses a different one (as you may have read before).

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows cast on white lines
MATERIALS= groovesuzuka, groovesuzukalayouts
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

Hope it was helpful...

Sure. If you have these 'issues', use this code (add it at the end of the ext_config.ini, which you will find in the extension folder of the track).

This one is specific for rt_suzuka.
For others tracks if needed: change the material name (found with Objects Inspector), because almost each track uses a different one (as you may have read before).

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadows cast on white lines
MATERIALS= groovesuzuka, groovesuzukalayouts
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

Hope it was helpful...
That was really helpful. Thank you so much for the quick response! :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back