Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Uncle M out of retirement - Yay!

Finally ! The W023 ain't gonna be alone anymore. That's sweet

__custom_showroom_1712941773.jpg

Has anyone ever made F1 1985 and F1 1989 skins for Lotus98T?

Or skins for this ACFL 1989 car?

Two great seasons that haven't been covered. Pretty much all others have been done.

1985 Williams started to get fast with the Honda Turbo and Mansell took his first win at Brands Hatch. Rosberg insane charge at Kyalami... absolutely crazy fast driving... Senna becoming the powerhouse he was ... 1989 is the year when Prost / Senna legendary rivalry started.

We have about 10.000 mod variations of Porsche 911 and BMW M3 in every color... but these two legendary seasons... nothing. :D

Well... shouldn't be complaining as all other years 1982-1998 (my favorite era) have been done. But it'd be amazing if Assetto Corsa F1 Classic would be completed with these. I'd try 'em but I'm so bad with graphics and Photoshop.

Anyone has a WIP skins of 85 or 89?

Cheers.
All F1 Cars and years are covered, but many are private....

Guys, has anyone seen a random issue on some mods where the shadow beneath the car randomly dissapears. Doesn't seem to be LOD related because it really seems to be random when the shadow dissapears under the car. There could be one car (of the same mod) right next to another car (of the same mod) and one will have the shadow under the car and the other will not. Does anyone know a fix. The one I was seeing this on specifically was the VW Funcup cars.

Legion did some 1969 cars, I put them into my championships "Wings of change"
Your championships are nicely done... and yeah I know those cars. It's a good start, and with a bit of blender it's not so complicated to put wings on other cars, like Ferrari or McLaren... The ones I really miss are the BRM and the beautiful Brabham BT26. For the moment my skills on blender are not sufficient to change the shape of an existing car...
1969 is another story since there are more new cars, impossible to find. I managed to put low wing on the McLaren. Also there is The Lotus 49c with various skins to make a grid, the matra, and that's it.

Guys, has anyone seen a random issue on some mods where the shadow beneath the car randomly dissapears. Doesn't seem to be LOD related because it really seems to be random when the shadow dissapears under the car. There could be one car (of the same mod) right next to another car (of the same mod) and one will have the shadow under the car and the other will not. Does anyone know a fix. The one I was seeing this on specifically was the VW Funcup cars.
I've experienced that shadow disapearing with SD 2003 F1, but a mate has shared me a CSP config that solves that.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

i have a request for racinjoe013. I've been trying to make a vid with the 1953 gnoo blas racetrack. The grass is absolutly atrocious with its past yellowish green color, not even taking into account the weird Subnautica trees added later.

Here's a vid showing the issue, (added saturation on purpose) :

Would you have a look and do your usual magic? I've been struggling to edit a proper color grading with my ppfilters and i always thought you would be the man for the job. Your edit of spa 66 is still one of the best i've seen yet...

The track is available here : https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/gnoo-blas-motor-racing-circuit.43880/
The trees adds are here (a super nice add, if it wasn't for the colors) : https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/1953-gnoo-blas-tree-fx.62313/

On another note, i think this track needs a color edit as well :

and probably a dozen more, but i'm a bit shy to ask...

thanks in advance, i'm not talking much on this forum but i've countless hours on you guys works, and this place has become such a treasure trove i can't express how much i love it.

Keep going, kisses

Last edited:
Hey guys!

i have a request for racinjoe013. I've been trying to make a vid with the 1953 gnoo blas racetrack. The grass is absolutly atrocious with its past yellowish green color, not even taking into account the weird Subnautica trees added later.

Here's a vid showing the issue, (added saturation on purpose) :

Would you have a look and do your usual magic? I've been struggling to edit a proper color grading with my ppfilters and i always thought you would be the man for the job. Your edit of spa 66 is still one of the best i've seen yet...

The track is available here : https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/gnoo-blas-motor-racing-circuit.43880/
The trees adds are here (a super nice add, if it wasn't for the colors) : https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/1953-gnoo-blas-tree-fx.62313/

On another note, i think this track needs a color edit as well :

and probably a dozen more, but i'm a bit shy to ask...

thanks in advance, i'm not talking much on this forum but i've countless hours on you guys works, and this place has become such a treasure trove i can't express how much i love it.

Keep going, kisses

Personally I don't like the 3D trees, but what is wrong with the grass here ?

gnoo_grasss.png

View attachment 1346048
I agree. In that picture I see nothing wrong with the grass. I guess if you wanted to be nit picky, maybe it's got a bit too much brown mixed in, but that could have been the designers choice to give it a nice burnt out mix feeling. Or it could be another example of the power of the ppfilter. What looks good with one filter doesn't always look so good with another.

But now @Tetri has got my curiosity up. I just know i'm going to download the track and see what it looks like on my end.

Last edited:

View attachment 1346048
Now that you mention it, it might be because the trees being so fluffy and phosphorescent green, making for an unfortunate mix. But i still couldn't adjust a noon setting for it to look good, whatever the filters used, and i believe the track would feel more natural with a darker tone.

Might be wrong and this is probably highly subjective, but if the effort to put into it is not tremendous i would love to see if it changes the global feeling riding the track

Now that you mention it, it might be because the trees being so fluffy and phosphorescent green, making for an unfortunate mix. But i still couldn't adjust a noon setting for it to look good, whatever the filters used, and i believe the track would feel more natural with a darker tone.

Might be wrong and this is probably highly subjective, but if the effort to put into it is not tremendous i would love to see if it changes the global feeling riding the track
3D trees are often way oversaturated, and with high contrast... and rarely fit in visually with the rest of the track's environmental palette and lighting.
It's just one of many reasons why they often look bloody ridiculous.

1712960851939.png

If i could add, does it happen when you're looking from any kind of glass texture? I have this issue thru the small windshields on some hotrods mods and on the 1955 F1 pack.

Also, i noticed it just removes the shadows that are not sun related. So, no issue in sunny conditions, but as soon as the sun light fades out or when a cloud gets in the way, it glitches, which makes me think it's related to the windshields. No issue in bonnet view for example.

If i could add, does it happen when you're looking from any kind of glass texture? I have this issue thru the small windshields on some hotrods mods and on the 1955 F1 pack.
This issue frustrated me for a long time, and I finally figured out a solution with the help of some folks here. If you're interested, here's my first post on the subject: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-14107444 -- and the solution is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-4077.

Long story short: You need to add this to the car's ext_config.ini:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = [material name for interior windscreen glass]
SHADER = ksWindscreen
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND

Hello everyone, this is a information request, is there some mod of the Exact version of the Lola B12-80 2011-2 (roof air intake, tail fin, headlights...) in the video for Assetto Corsa? thank you in advance for a link

This issue frustrated me for a long time, and I finally figured out a solution with the help of some folks here. If you're interested, here's my first post on the subject: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-14107444 -- and the solution is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-4077.

Long story short: You need to add this to the car's ext_config.ini:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = [material name for interior windscreen glass]
SHADER = ksWindscreen
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
LoL, I just figured this out and was going to post the solution as you did. Although I didn't have to change the BLEND_MODE to fix the funcup. Maybe I should add that anyway?

Thanks to everyone that chimed in. Quikslvr, as you, this has bugged me for a long time with certain cars.

Now the other cool thing that this fixed was (and I made a post inquiring about this a few weeks back) but it also fixed the smeary TAA issue in addition to the dissapearing under-car shadow.

I'm stoked, man. There are a ton of cars I need to fix now.

EDIT: @Quikslvr, have you found a SHADER replacement that has a little bit of tint to it? I've replaced the small windscreen on an old vintage f1 car, but the ksWindscreen is so clear that it is hard to tell there is actual glass in the little windscreen. No biggie, but if you know of a way to replace with a tinted or darker glass, lemme know. It's the one in the pic below. The little windscreen has no edge or bezel which makes it harder to tell there is actual glass in the mount with the shader replacement implemented.

2024-04-12 22_55_57-Content Manager.png

Last edited:
I'm late in posting here, but once again...

The legendary car is finally back! !
Isdera Commendatore 112i BETA test has started!

Since the car has many unique gimmicks, I also created an engine compartment. Please enjoy the first BETA version!
I have already received a lot of feedback, and I will make it even better in the next update!

スクリーンショット (2752).png
スクリーンショット (2753).png
スクリーンショット (2743).png
スクリーンショット (2754).png
スクリーンショット (2748).png
スクリーンショット (2747).png
スクリーンショット (2742).png
スクリーンショット (2741).png
スクリーンショット (2746).png

Yes, but it will take several months and i don't know if all parts can be reproduced. THe LCS shaders have a very different alpha behavior and actually those sucks the most. Pure shaders like sunblinding looking realy strange and i don't know if i can get it to the meant look.

Also Pure was finetuned for over 2 year to get a realy realistic night day transition and this must be recreated from the ground because all weatherFX functions are different now. Like the skyshader reacts completely different and in Pures last version it is used to also create the ambient light. And ambient light is used for many other things as base and so you are in a very strange loop.

The next very annoying thing is, you must develop 2 things in parallel. For now it seems mods are also affected and needs to be adapted, so we can't say we will use only LCS. Another point on the it sucks list.

Also, LCS looks different. I mean it sure solves problems, but in a direct comparison it also looks like a modern "game". The colors getting more saturated and everything renders in a very compressed way, which is actually a good thing to prevent color burn outs, but it gets this rendered animation movie touch, which i don't realy like. It goes away from a realistic look to a realistic rendered look.

So i need to build it up from the ground and it could be we still have both render models and then you have twice the work to implement something and you have 2 groups of mod creators. At least for the next months or forever with older existing mods. And then its the question, how long will AC live....
I discover this LCS thing. What is the benefit if your cant have weather transitions nor rain (no compatibility?

Also Peter speaking of paid version of Pure would it be possible to include rain thickness option (the one that is in rainfx app), into the weather slots, so we Can program différent grips before the race?
Because I play with moded cars in the grip is too low by default.
Anyway congrats for your wonderful job Peter.

Well I can cut the floor, separate the center from the rest. Not sure how proper it will be

That's what I tried to replicate. The rings on the floor are just made to glow, they aren't producing any "light" if i disable them the overall brightness of the room doesn't change.

But i want to make the top ring light actually diffuse light instead of just glowing and I don't understand what is the parameter I need to tweak so that it cast light downside without increasing the overall brightness of the whole room.

See it like a lamp. It beams the area it's supposed to beam and the surrounding doesn't benefit much from it's beam
I have no experience with this yet, but sounds like what you want is a SPOTLIGHT (directed beam) instead of a regular light which disperses it's light everywhere...
So I would start by changing these parameters pertaining to SPOT and see what happens :

SPOT = 200 ;this is probably the number of degrees angle of the beam, lower this number to get a more narrow beam
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.1 ;will probably make the edges of the beam softer or harder
RANGE = 4 ; no idea -> try and see
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.81 ; no idea -> try and see
FADE_AT = 40 ;probable the distance , I would increase this to very high at first, so you can for sure see the beam

DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1 ;this will change where the beam is directed at... play around once you have a narrow beam and see where it is aimed at

Last edited:
I discover this LCS thing. What is the benefit if your cant have weather transitions nor rain (no compatibility?

Also Peter speaking of paid version of Pure would it be possible to include rain thickness option (the one that is in rainfx app), into the weather slots, so we Can program différent grips before the race?
Because I play with moded cars in the grip is too low by default.
Anyway congrats for your wonderful job Peter.
LCS is just a techdemo for now. I think it is not really presented as this. Its just a view in the future of AC/CSP.

I'm already working on the integration of LCS in Pure, but it will take months to properly use it. Everything is different, BUT it solves many problems with AC rendering.

The default weather script was never a thing to have a complete weather experience. It is a techdemo how to use the weatherFX modul in CSP. Sol and Pure are outsourced developments of weatherFX usage. It was the idea that everybody can just use the default wfx as a base. But you really need to dig into it in a masochistic way. Because with a change of it, you need to integrate all the changes to your own fork and thats where most people suffer.

So i tried to give more stability with Sol or Pure and open a much more convenient access to scripting with them, which are the Sol or Pure scripts.

So now with the first view of LCS, you must see it as a very first techdemo in the default wfx and with it, you also see many new problems which we need to solve in the future. But it shows right now, that AC could be a much nicer sim after those reformations.

Imo it is very difficult how to present such techdemo.

With the next version of Pure there will be a very rough integration of LCS. I just collected all problems with it and adapted Pure to be able to use it (only properly for daylight right now), but i was also able to solve problems in the most important features of Pure:
Exposure calculation. Thats what Pure really does well. You always have the right exposure/brightness in the picture and i now found out how to get this also with LCS. So for now the code is just a mess and it will take a long time to have a proper integration. And its also just a techdemo in Pure, where you see all other problems we need to solve. BUT you can now have a direct comparison of gamma and LCS shaders with mostly all the Pure features and shaders (groundfog, sunblinding and such). Its just adapted and not realy integrated but it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the grip levels. You just set your wetness and wtaer levels in Pure Planner. rainFX only has 3 values:
rain amount, wetness and water (puddles).
Wetness is the most influencing thing on physics. Actually there is no way to decouple physics and graphics.

1712990771173.png

After driving on Silkmeadows, Morrison and Mottle Ring - wouldn't it be great if carTOON and shin collaborated from the get go ? carTOON makes interesting tracks and shin has a knack for making them look so much better.
Mate, the tracks mentioned are my old GTL projects, I don't do GT Legends tracks anymore...or are you saying my newer AC circuits don't look good?

I came across some old MODs one of them is F1 2015 here.
View attachment 1345843

Installed everything as per instructions but can't get pass this error. If someone has an update of fix for this please let me know.
View attachment 1345842

Sweet!
So after further searching the inter-webs I found another similar F1 2015 season that does not work anymore
because the physics is not compatible with the new updated version of AC.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 12-56-20 FF1 2015.png

err2 2015.jpg

Same error has the previous 2015 F1AL mod, such a shame all that hard work gone to waste.
How difficult will it be to redo the physics for these cars so they work with the current version of AC?

Since the car has many unique gimmicks, I also created an engine compartment. Please enjoy the first BETA version!
I have already received a lot of feedback, and I will make it even better in the next update!

View attachment 1346149View attachment 1346150View attachment 1346151View attachment 1346152View attachment 1346153View attachment 1346154View attachment 1346155View attachment 1346156View attachment 1346157
Car looks amazing. And...
What do You use as scenario / background. Totally good.

Last edited:

View attachment 1346149View attachment 1346150View attachment 1346151View attachment 1346152View attachment 1346153View attachment 1346154View attachment 1346155View attachment 1346156View attachment 1346157
Thanks for bringing this iconic concept prototype to AC, and thanks for being open to all feedback during development, including constructive criticism about the current cockpit ergonomics and driver posture. I know a lot of people are looking forward to the revisions.
Regarding the current 'road feel' of the car, to me the overall FFB feels very light, and the steering feels very vague and imprecise. Hopefully this can also be looked at for the next test build.

I have no experience with this yet, but sounds like what you want is a SPOTLIGHT (directed beam) instead of a regular light which disperses it's light everywhere...
So I would start by changing these parameters pertaining to SPOT and see what happens :

SPOT = 200 ;this is probably the number of degrees angle of the beam, lower this number to get a more narrow beam
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.1 ;will probably make the edges of the beam softer or harder
RANGE = 4 ; no idea -> try and see
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.81 ; no idea -> try and see
FADE_AT = 40 ;probable the distance , I would increase this to very high at first, so you can for sure see the beam

DIRECTION = 0, 0, 1 ;this will change where the beam is directed at... play around once you have a narrow beam and see where it is aimed at
I knew it was about something like this but when I changed these parameters it didn't do anything.

But then I realized that I got it all wrong......

Material adjustment is used to make the object appears lighten up while Light series actually diffuse the light. When I used Light series I saw that the tube wasn't lighten up and thought it didn't work.

So now I'm using both Liight series to actually cast the light and material adjustment to make the ring tube glow and voila

1712998604600.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back