Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,503 comments
no textures in lods, loaded from LOD A
and there are far too many polygons on the LODs
The car now works for me (version 1.2). Perhaps you could download the car from ACTK. The LOD's are less heavy on Poly's than my version. The new version is available on the website as of about eight minutes ago. It includes other corrections with the AI.

Last edited:
Hello!

As some of you may already know, Pasta2000 and Myself are in the work to bring the Datsun Fairlady 2000 into our beloved sim. The goal is to create 3 differents versions of the "same" car, depending on the race period, very much japanese. We will have a stock cabriolet one, a first generation racing from 1967-68 and a second generation racing from 1969-1970. Project is well underway, 3D modelling is very close to an end now, so we can hope for a release in a few weeks, maybe a month, we'll see.

20240819_2.png
20240819_4.png
20240819_3.png

On another note, this is also in the work (actually, was, before Pasta came along changing all my plans) :
Frazer-Nash coupe Le Mans 1953, with the goal of bringing it along with her main rival, the Bristol 450, as a package of 2 different cars from the same period correct race (Le Mans, you guest it)

20240819_5.png
20240819_6.png

That's it, just a bit of an update :)

See ya soon!

Are you able to share the De Tomaso and let us know where you got it?
Not yet, I need to confirm a few things before I do just that.
Where did you get that mod? I've been looking for it for a long time too.
Claudio made and released this back in mid 2023 on his patreon until he took it down for some reason. He even made more cars and I already know that people gonna say delete them because of their bad quality. But until I see better models, these are staying in my garage.

And I believe he had some kind of Firebird Trans Am GT car in the works too and it looked like this:
camaro_firebird_6.jpg

He also have others like these and some that haven't been released yet:
astonmartin_db7__gt1__1995_showroom_05_28_27.jpg
mitsubishi_fto_super_touring_car_showroom_05_39_04.jpg

nissan_concept_gt-r_lm_race_car_showroom_05_29_35.jpg
fairlady_z_lm_race_car_showroom_05_30_41.jpg

static.wixstatic.com_media_1a342a_4044121577bc4d03a6cc16b196e97120~mv2.jpg_v1_fill_w_1047,h_58...png
static.wixstatic.com_media_1a342a_8204f64d97744a4e81315abe4b3a959a~mv2.jpg_v1_fill_w_1022,h_57...png

Hi Jaqory, I bought a quality model of the DeTomaso and shared it with Paul, but I do not know if he yet found the time to work on it. I would be willing to share the model if somebody would like to use it as a base to work on the beautiful BPR DeTomaso.
Oh ok that's very nice to hear. I hope Velo can work on it soon. Can wait to see a better model of the Pantera GT1.

Last edited:
DTM fictional skin

4k only just a quick skin to give it some variation i have tried to keep it period correct (ish)

should be able to drag and drop to install.

just fixed a wonky sticker that i noticed thats the reason for a new version. nothing else has changed

if you want the banner to appear on the inside on some of the skins all you need to do is copy the body skin and rename it to SKIN.dds and that will goive you an interior banner

Screenshot (616).png

Last edited:
Hello!

As some of you may already know, Pasta2000 and Myself are in the work to bring the Datsun Fairlady 2000 into our beloved sim. The goal is to create 3 differents versions of the "same" car, depending on the race period, very much japanese. We will have a stock cabriolet one, a first generation racing from 1967-68 and a second generation racing from 1969-1970. Project is well underway, 3D modelling is very close to an end now, so we can hope for a release in a few weeks, maybe a month, we'll see.

View attachment 1382436View attachment 1382437View attachment 1382438

On another note, this is also in the work (actually, was, before Pasta came along changing all my plans) :
Frazer-Nash coupe Le Mans 1953, with the goal of bringing it along with her main rival, the Bristol 450, as a package of 2 different cars from the same period correct race (Le Mans, you guest it)

View attachment 1382441View attachment 1382442

See ya soon!
Nice. Will the stock version of the 1968 facelift for the Datsun Fairlady also be made?

Because EASY exists lmao (and also who needs them ? I just did it to see if I could, I can so I stopped)

A portion of those... Others I don't know where I put 'em, maybe they were deleted.
View attachment 1382329
Lots of modders have also made versions of these cars as well, though some of the FM3-FH1 cars that you converted are yet to be released as mods like the stock FJ Cruiser, Ford Fusion and the base Aston Martin Cygnet.

Last edited:
Nice. Will the stock version of the 1968 facelift for the Datsun Fairlady also be made?
SR311 based on the release production's models, 1967.
The stock version is already sort of a "bonus", as our main goal were the racing versions. And on this, we decided to go for 2 differents versions to summarize the pretty big variety of real-life models. Trying to keep things "clean" and not having too much cars for too small changes

Hello!

See ya soon!
For the DATSUN, porting the FM7 model would've been an easier way no ? Anyways can't wait !!!

For the DATSUN, porting the FM7 model would've been an easier way no ? Anyways can't wait !!!
The base parts Pasta gave me to start with were probably a port, but appart from a few parts in the underbelly which barely changed, pretty much everything is homemade to fit what we were looking for. And I'm no big fan of converting stuff, I prefer making stuff myself (that's the fun part for me! haha).

Thanks very much for this car, it's a fantastic addition.
The shifting should be a six-speed sequential, not gated manual though?

Some edits if you want them:
I swapped in and rescaled/repositioned a different driver who is a great fit for the cockpit ergonomics, and gave him a sequential shifting animation too that matches the shifter perfectly.

View attachment 1382027

Added race suits by config to the skins folder as well.
The new data.acd includes the necessary switch to sequential shifting, preload timing, etc.
The main config is also included with additions at the end to plug gaps in the internal doors and around the windows by double-facing the external bodywork (ideally this would be done properly in the model, but at least the road no longer is visible through the gaps), plus add a basic metallic effect to a lot of cockpit elements to make them look less flat. Helps a lot in VR, but remove it if you don't like it.

The only files and folders in this download are the updated data.acd, and animation, extension and skins folders, NOT the full car.

Thanks again, hope this helps.

Thanks

What do people in this forum think of the new Rally modifications in the latest CSP?? i think it it is really cool, but doesnt work with every rally mod depending on the tyres on the mod. i suddenly want to install a hardware handbrake.... AC just keeps on giving via MOD content

Attachments

• Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_tundra_20-7-124-23-25-9.jpg
    Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_tundra_20-7-124-23-25-9.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_tundra_20-7-124-23-26-21.jpg
    Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_tundra_20-7-124-23-26-21.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_karelia_20-7-124-23-31-41.jpg
    Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_karelia_20-7-124-23-31-41.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_karelia_20-7-124-23-33-11.jpg
    Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_karelia_20-7-124-23-33-11.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_karelia_20-7-124-23-34-21.jpg
    Screenshot_lf_subaru_legacy_gra_karelia_20-7-124-23-34-21.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_gr4_toyota_corolla_kp70_simtraxx_zeran_24-6-124-20-11-20.jpg
    Screenshot_gr4_toyota_corolla_kp70_simtraxx_zeran_24-6-124-20-11-20.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_gr4_toyota_corolla_kp70_karelia_24-6-124-20-5-57.jpg
    Screenshot_gr4_toyota_corolla_kp70_karelia_24-6-124-20-5-57.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_gr4_toyota_corolla_kp70_karelia_24-6-124-20-5-19.jpg
    Screenshot_gr4_toyota_corolla_kp70_karelia_24-6-124-20-5-19.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hello!

See ya soon!

Hot, hotter and hottest versions of the Fairlady - love it thank you!

As for the '50s stuff, very interesting too - the Frazer-Nash is gorgeous but the Bristol is..... an acquired taste - some of the weirdest aero I can remember seeing photos of from Le Mans! I look forward to acquiring said taste.

As for the '50s stuff, very interesting too - the Frazer-Nash is gorgeous but the Bristol is..... an acquired taste - some of the weirdest aero I can remember seeing photos of from Le Mans! I look forward to acquiring said taste.
I have a thing for weirdos, I guess :sly:
But that would make it also my most successful car on the Le Mans race. Both of them were very competitive, but the 450 took first, second and third in her class in 54, with a best at 7th finished overall (for a 2L car). Compared to the previous cars I made, it's quite the change :lol:

(I made a typo in my post, i'm doing the 1954 version of the Frazer Nash and the Bristol, my bad)

God damn. I just gave the Bristol a goggles... It's HORRID. Looking forward to having more different period cars though! That Fraser-Nash is lovely looking.

Last edited:
...and since having the decals handy, thought to spruce up the grid with some GITANES (fictional) liveries for the Calibra DTM. These took a bit longer to do, but the results were worth the effort.

opel_calibra__gitanes.png

As an extra-addition, enclosed within the download-file are Driver names (GTplanet members) that you can rename to <driver.png> and place it within the livery-folder of your choice.

Further driver-name requests can be made at will - just let me know.

DOWNLOAD

Happy racing everyone!

...and since having the decals handy, thought to spruce up the grid with some GITANES (fictional) liveries for the Calibra DTM. These took a bit longer to do, but the results were worth the effort.

View attachment 1382566

As an extra-addition, enclosed within the download-file are Driver names (GTplanet members) that you can rename to <driver.png> and place it within the livery-folder of your choice.

Further driver-name requests can be made at will - just let me know.

DOWNLOAD

Happy racing everyone!
Thank U Love GIF by Pocca Dot Media

DTM fictional skin

4k only just a quick skin to give it some variation i have tried to keep it period correct (ish)

should be able to drag and drop to install.

just fixed a wonky sticker that i noticed thats the reason for a new version. nothing else has changed

if you want the banner to appear on the inside on some of the skins all you need to do is copy the body skin and rename it to SKIN.dds and that will goive you an interior banner

View attachment 1382550
Great skin thanks! Looks like you left off the AO layer though? Would be very nice if you could add that in. Also by changing the roll cage AO dds to a single flat colour it looks pretty bad inside the car don't you think? It will be better to colourize the "metal.dds" instead then you will keep the shadows

Great skin thanks! Looks like you left off the AO layer though? Would be very nice if you could add that in. Also by changing the roll cage AO dds to a single flat colour it looks pretty bad inside the car don't you think? It will be better to colourize the "metal.dds" instead then you will keep the shadows
cheers norms i just quickly knocked it up for some variation, im in the middle of doing another skin for it actually. Yeh the roll cage was a last minute decision i was just going to leave it as is because it does look good, i did try and make the coloured rollcage look good but i couldn't get an AO what i got was a really really dark AO which did nothing. However i will do what you suggested tomorrow and colourize the "metal.dds". I didn't know you could do that in all honesty i dont really understand that side of it.

the AO was left out on purpose although i have just changed the name of the skin file from "body_diffuse.dds to "body.dds" and that gives it an AO i have to say i have a pic side by side and yes it does indeed look a bit better so if anyone wants to give this instant AO just change the name.

the reasons i left it out in the first place is when i took it out on track it looked good in my game and the game puts a bit of AO on its not alot but to me it looked ok so i just went with it. I tried an AO if i remember correctly and it didnt look great, i never knew you could just change the name and get a better AO on it.

here is without and with AO if anyone wants to swap to an AO like i say just change the name of the skin file ^^^^

Screenshot (617).png
Screenshot_f302_opel_calibra_touringcar_js_castle_combe_20-7-124-23-45-57.jpg

Last edited:
cheers norms i just quickly knocked it up for some variation, im in the middle of doing another skin for it actually. Yeh the roll cage was a last minute decision i was just going to leave it as is because it does look good, i did try and make the coloured rollcage look good but i couldn't get an AO what i got was a really really dark AO which did nothing. However i will do what you suggested tomorrow and colourize the "metal.dds". I didn't know you could do that in all honesty i dont really understand that side of it.

the AO was left out on purpose although i have just changed the name of the skin file from "body_diffuse.dds to "body.dds" and that gives it an AO i have to say i have a pic side by side and yes it does indeed look a bit better so if anyone wants to give this instant AO just change the name.

the reasons i left it out in the first place is when i took it out on track it looked good in my game and the game puts a bit of AO on its not alot but to me it looked ok so i just went with it. I tried an AO if i remember correctly and it didnt look great, i never knew you could just change the name and get a better AO on it.

here is without and with AO if anyone wants to swap to an AO like i say just change the name of the skin file ^^^^

View attachment 1382594View attachment 1382596
It will be better to add the AO to that actual skin, was the layer not included with the PSD file that was provided earlier? AO really is a must and there is a huge difference in how it looks in game, which is more noticeable at certain angles such as this angle:

No AO:

Screenshot_f302_opel_calibra_touringcar_ks_brands_hatch_21-7-124-0-3-12.jpg

AO:

Screenshot_f302_opel_calibra_touringcar_ks_brands_hatch_21-7-124-0-3-17.jpg

Just look at the darker shadowed areas, the difference really is night and day? Don't take my feedback badly, just trying to point out where it could be improved and if you are not sure how to add the AO layer to that actual DDS give me a shout in PM, but thanks again for the skin!

It will be better to add the AO to that actual skin, was the layer not included with the PSD file that was provided earlier? AO really is a must and there is a huge difference in how it looks in game, which is more noticeable at certain angles such as this angle:

No AO:

View attachment 1382597

AO:

View attachment 1382598

Just look at the darker shadowed areas, the difference really is night and day? Don't take my feedback badly, just trying to point out where it could be improved and if you are not sure how to add the AO layer to that actual DDS give me a shout in PM, but thanks again for the skin!
ive just had a look again at no AO and i have to be honest i kind of prefer without now 🤣 im kind of flipping between the 2 right now. My game has different settings with a different monitor i dont like it to bright in game its just a personal preference so my game is fairly dark really. So for this reason this is probably why i cannot replicate what you have pictured there because i do see what you mean. For me though an AO is not always a must infact rarely. I have had a discusiion with another member on here a while ago and he also prefers most of the time without AO so we really are talking about personal preference. The game normally puts an AO on, the only car that i have done which had no AO put on in-game was a RSS car. I have much time fiddling with AO's throught the many skins i have done and i'm normally in camp "no AO"

just changing the name worked well enough i thought for me anyway i am thinking "if it works, it works" im happy with that, again people can make up there own mind on what they prefer. Like i said either or for me but i do find without AO it "pops" more and i prefer that on my setup with my personal taste e.t.c, i took the AO out the Bmw z4 skin that i done for this very reason aswell if i remember correctly.

I will have a look at the rollcage tomorrow though for sure as that does look a little plain, if i have any issues i will drop you a PM. Cheers norms

Last edited:

No AO:

View attachment 1382597

AO:

View attachment 1382598

The great difference I see is the front bumper, without AO is really too clear, it seems illuminated by a flash

Not yet, I need to confirm a few things before I do just that.

Claudio made and released this back in mid 2023 on his patreon until he took it down for some reason. He even made more cars and I already know that people gonna say delete them because of their bad quality. But until I see better models, these are staying in my garage.

And I believe he had some kind of Firebird Trans Am GT car in the works too and it looked like this:
View attachment 1382471

He also have others like these and some that haven't been released yet:
View attachment 1382464View attachment 1382465
View attachment 1382466View attachment 1382467
View attachment 1382468View attachment 1382470

Oh ok that's very nice to hear. I hope Velo can work on it soon. Can wait to see a better model of the Pantera GT1.
He was denied permissions to convert them (including the Pantera in your previous post) and he did it anyway despite original creators saying no, namely the DB7 (made by me and other people), as well as the FTO, the Camaro and the Viper.

Last edited:
The great difference I see is the front bumper, without AO is really too clear, it seems illuminated by a flash
i agree with this statement. i dont like the way the game blows out light coloured paintwork this happens on some parts of car's with or without an AO as i have noticed many many times so i decided to lower my "hdr multiplier" and its removed that problem for me. I also did not like how on some stickers they should be red but look fluoresent pink in game if the sun goes on them it looked awful, an AO will not solve this the only thing i found that works is lowering the hdr multiplier so it looks more natural.

there are so many fiddly variations we are really comparing apples to oranges when it comes to this kind of thing.

thanks to @norms for pointing out the rollcage and a gentle nudge as to what to do, i have sorted it so it looks much better.

for anyone that does care just chuck this "metal.dds" file into the skin folder and overwrite to apply changes.

hope the link works ok it doies for me in a random browser so should be good for all.

Screenshot (620).png

Screenshot (619).png

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Is there a fix for this problem on Bikernieki? During the replay I also saw some "flying" objects that move along with the camera. Big thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-21 135117.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-21 135117.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 5

No AO:

View attachment 1382597

AO:

View attachment 1382598

nice

btw i have all orginal skins ,They are all reminiscent of old DTM skins

__custom_showroom_1724242341.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back