Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,188 comments
This is honestly a good response. I don't see any problem with it. "One or two trolls" comment is okay too. He puts himself out in the open releasing his work. Maybe he got offended with some comments, that's okay really.

The previous comments were not so nice and uncalled for but forgive and forget and move on. I didn't mean or want to start anything. I like his taste in vintage cars he releases and It would be nice if he participated here.

This is honestly a good response. I don't see any problem with it. "One or two trolls" comment is okay too. He puts himself out in the open releasing his work. Maybe he got offended with some comments, that's okay really.
As I said, I'm not on FB, but I had mail contact with Paul before, a few times even, about small issues on his mods. He was always polite and helpfull in fixing these things asap.
Hence my astonishment reading about the FB stuff.
Seems I'm not alone.

hey is there a good version of this eagle out there? like one with proper physics? the one i have seems to have no grip and makes very little downforce, and i know this car has to be something like the 787B in terms of grip. like atleast in the same ballpark
upload_2020-1-16_12-43-59.png

Edit: high poly model seems to be only for the bodywork. The dash and steering wheel look rather (very) low poly... :indiff: ---> to the bin it goes.
Has it been updated since you posted this? Seems OK to me. Looks like a typical Forza cockpit.
The driver and/or steering wheel both need a tweak as the hands aren't in synch with the rotation of the wheel (the normal change to '360' fixes this in driver3D) but the hands don't actually grip the wheel or are anywhere near the gear stick.
But as for the cockpit itself - looks fine to me, maybe a little dark (and won't respond to ksAmbient tweaks, unfortunately).
Give it another go and see if it's been swapped.

Guys is there anyway to get glass into a mod car if it is missing it?
(i know it is meant to have no glass, but i need glass as i am hopefully making a track car out of it)

__custom_showroom_1579197423.jpg

Small Update:
7 aero styles for the futur MKII, it's not really big changes but to make nearly all the version it's quite enough.
I've figured out how to make the ext_config.ini, so I'll release soon a "nude" MKII with 1 car of each aero spec.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

hey is there a good version of this eagle out there? like one with proper physics? the one i have seems to have no grip and makes very little downforce, and i know this car has to be something like the 787B in terms of grip. like atleast in the same ballpark
View attachment 882058
Normally I refrain from talking about car physics, because I suck.
I just tried three versions of the Eagle up Eau Rouge, full throttle. (I always test mods at Spa. Eau Rouge-Raidillon tells so much about a car).
RTM version won't even turn into Raidillon. Straight into wall.
Virtua-LM version has only slightly more downforce. Goes into the wall.
SimDream version cleared the wall everytime but out of track limits.
I don't really know how much downforce Eagle should have. But SimDream one feels right.

I just tried three versions of the Eagle up Eau Rouge, full throttle. (I always test mods at Spa. Eau Rouge-Raidillon tells so much about a car).
I don't really know how much downforce Eagle should have. But SimDream one feels right.

The eagle was a beast of downforce, probably the ultimate version of what was possible for the Group C GTP era

Has it been updated since you posted this? Seems OK to me. Looks like a typical Forza cockpit.
The driver and/or steering wheel both need a tweak as the hands aren't in synch with the rotation of the wheel (the normal change to '360' fixes this in driver3D) but the hands don't actually grip the wheel or are anywhere near the gear stick.
But as for the cockpit itself - looks fine to me, maybe a little dark (and won't respond to ksAmbient tweaks, unfortunately).
Give it another go and see if it's been swapped.

Tried again (new DL). The sound has been changed apparently, but the gauges....no.

zagato.png

The numbers and the rivets on the wheel are all blurry to me. Rivets are to large too.

Quick search for a real interior to check.

aston-martin-db4-gt-zagato-continuation-4.jpg

And yeah, IRL the gauges are blurry too :lol:

aston-martin-db4-gt-zagato-continuation-5.jpg

Hey i really appreciate you testing that out for me. ive never driven the car in real life to know myself. im just guessing because the cars kunos made from that time period and class seem to drive very very different than the loosy goosy eagle i have. I'll take the 787B through that turn and the Porsche Longtail/short tail and see how those cars perform. if they stick it no problem then im willing to bet the Eagle would too. but now im so curious im going to do some research on the car and see what they say about how it handled. Forza 7 made it have much much higher handling than any other cars in that class. i wonder if they just decided that arbitrarily or if it really was better (to an extent) they also cut the top speed to be less than the other cars. im going to read on the real car to get an idea. Thanks again i rly do appreciate your help alot

@portakal Get this!! this is the opening line i read in my research "The Eagle MkIII won 21 out of the 27 races in which it was entered and is considered one of the most successful and technologically advanced designs of the IMSA GTP era" I think this car is much much faster than i originally suspected

Edit: i found the exact downforce data on the eagle 3. its staggering. the mod doesnt even make 50% of the downforce that the car is listed to make. not even in its lowest aero setting does it make so little. this thing was a monster to say the lest
Twin-tiered Bi-plane rear wing development, max downforce:

Downforce:
5217 lbs. @ 150 mph, with 1180 lbs. of drag
7513 lbs. @ 180 mph, with 1699 lbs. of drag
9275 lbs. @ 200 mph, with 2097 lbs. of drag

Lift-to-drag ratio: 4.42:1

Debut variant:

Downforce:
3802 lbs. @ 150 mph, with 929 lbs. of drag
5476 lbs. @ 180 mph, with 1338 lbs. of drag
6760 lbs. @ 200 mph, with 1652 lbs. of drag

Lift-to-drag ratio: 4.09:1

Last edited:
@portakal Get this!! this is the opening line i read in my research "The Eagle MkIII won 21 out of the 27 races in which it was entered and is considered one of the most successful and technologically advanced designs of the IMSA GTP era" I think this car is much much faster than i originally suspected
Great. I loved watching GTP. Perfect blend of raw power and aerodynamics. I can't control them well enough to enjoy in sims though.
I spent more time testing the cars. Virtua_LM version is closer to SimDream than I first thought. RTM turns like a road car.

@portakal

I know Velo's mods are a bit of a touchy subject on here right now ;) but he has a Toyota Eagle GTP IMSA on his site
I'm guessing that's not the same as the mkIII that you are talking about though. Link is here if you wanna try it https://mega.nz/#!1REXjaKJ!PA_meh2wNSpAXgblGXS1ZtJiR6Jymb9AX2Tfougbm0Q

Edit: i found the exact downforce data on the eagle 3. its staggering. the mod doesnt even make 50% of the downforce that the car is listed to make. not even in its lowest aero setting does it make so little. this thing was a monster to say the lest
Twin-tiered Bi-plane rear wing development, max downforce:

Downforce:
5217 lbs. @ 150 mph, with 1180 lbs. of drag
7513 lbs. @ 180 mph, with 1699 lbs. of drag
9275 lbs. @ 200 mph, with 2097 lbs. of drag

Lift-to-drag ratio: 4.42:1

Debut variant:

Downforce:
3802 lbs. @ 150 mph, with 929 lbs. of drag
5476 lbs. @ 180 mph, with 1338 lbs. of drag
6760 lbs. @ 200 mph, with 1652 lbs. of drag

Lift-to-drag ratio: 4.09:1
So does this mean we can look forward to a decent physics mod in the near future?? ;)

Tried again (new DL). The sound has been changed apparently, but the gauges....no.

View attachment 882062
The numbers and the rivets on the wheel are all blurry to me. Rivets are to large too.

Quick search for a real interior to check.

View attachment 882070

And yeah, IRL the gauges are blurry too :lol:

View attachment 882071
Ah, yes - I see what you mean now. I missed the rivets and blurry dials before as I was concentrating on the huge steering wheel and driver issues. I was expecting a lot worse from your initial description though (like octagonal dials or something).
Sounds like waiting for the Forza rip version will be a good idea. It's certainly a car I want.

So does this mean we can look forward to a decent physics mod in the near future?? ;)
i would need permission, i think all the models of the mkIII are made by people who put alot of effort into the graphics. i think it would upset them if i touched it without permission. especially if it was going to be shared in the end with the GTP boys. im the last guy to want to start drama, GTP gets a hard time as it is from some authors. i'll write a few letters to the authors and see. but i have to respect whatever they decide

Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato 1960-1963
by Velo (with kind permission of Francisco Bort)

PLEASE NOTE: This is a very high poly model and may not be conducive for operation with large starting grids or multiple cars on track.

View attachment 881973

https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/aston%20martin.html

Edit: high poly model seems to be only for the bodywork. The dash and steering wheel look rather (very) low poly... :indiff: ---> to the bin it goes.

Tried it, no issue to report from this VR user, Thank you Velo. As reported before the hands animation on wheel and shifter could be improved, but for everything else, looks good to me. 100% Cote Dazur approved.

i would need permission, i think all the models of the mkIII are made by people who put alot of effort into the graphics. i think it would upset them if i touched it without permission. especially if it was going to be shared in the end with the GTP boys. im the last guy to want to start drama, GTP gets a hard time as it is from some authors. i'll write a few letters to the authors and see. but i have to respect whatever they decide
Of course, good luck :)

...with apologies in advance for the godawful drum 'n' bass soundtrack. Why on earth do YouTubers do this to their videos and think it's a good idea..?

I was expecting some really bad music but that was actually quite light when it comes to drum n bass. Didn't suit the video at all really but it was miles better than the usual euro trash EDM crap that most youtubers use on their videos. Now that is godawful lol

Tried it, no issue to report from this VR user, Thank you Velo. As reported before the hands animation on wheel and shifter could be improved, but for everything else, looks good to me. 100% Cote Dazur approved.
As a VR user, it's probably not that bad. But on high res screens, it's simply bad looking, as Paul (Velo) agrees.

True but if the model is nicked anyway from another game then it's open season surely?
Obviously if its scratch modelled different kettle of fish.

It's from Forza I think..

Ever wondered what Riverside might look like after a grass seed truck exploded upwind just before a long wet winter? No, me neither, but here's the result anyway.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/62r3xt4dqt64z99/skins.7z/file
Drops the unzipped 'skins' folder into the main track folder and select the 'Grassy' skin.
This was just a very quick 'n' dirty piss around - nothing serious, nothing for knickers to get all twisted about. It won't be uploaded to RD and doesn't even have a 3D grass config.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back