Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,406 comments
Does anyone know how to remove the pit crew animation when you pit? I'm currently working on a retro GT Championship and I've edited the pitstop lengths for each car. What with the 15-20 second pitstops the pit crews look ridiculous and immersion killing as they moooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyy sllllllooooooowwwwww.

Oh, i 've done a few variations for a suscriber of the Natural mod ppfilter. There's barely anything left of the original script nor color grading of the original, guy said they were awesome (and i still use them on a daily basis) but never got me more feedback. Since i've been fecking around with ppfilters for a while maybe you would tell me how they compare?

Here's the link to copy directly in your assetto folder, there are color grading LUTS that CM won't pick :

The "Tetri Baron 3" is the one i use the most, Baron 2 is a variation with less light/a bit more sadly realistic for Reshade.

To-do list left on it : adjusting the greens (it's always the greens), maybe install a "glaring" slider, and a few minor twitchs with sunbinding, fog adaptation etc. Same with night settings, haven't played with those yet.

I always use Reshade on final coat but if you could tell me if they work well just like this (you can tell me that they suck on your side as well) or if you find a fundamental flaw out of the box (too bright/contrasty/saturated etc) i would appreciate, never got feedback on those.
Alright so it of course changes wildly depending on anyone’s particular screen/setup but for me (in VR on an HP Reverb G2) but both of the filters are rather whitewashed to me, but I also don’t use reshade because it was not available in VR when I set up my system (and still may not be).

One thing I can comment on is they are both pretty resource heavy, especially TB2. I ran three sessions doing the exact same thing just changing filter (warm up lap followed by hot lap followed by a few donuts at the Andretti hairpin to get some graphic intensive tire smoke) and TB2 had the lowest average frame rates, with TB3 about 4% better, both using skydomes. I then tried the same with my normal setup (“Natural Mod” albeit with 3D clouds, which should’ve handicapped it further) and I averaged 5% better FPS than TB3.

This again is solely based on my system, which is very much resource limited because of VR, LCD screens in my headset (which will look very different from, say, OLED screens) and my admittedly aging machine. Keep it up though and thanks for sharing!

Edit: sorry for taking so long to respond, spent most of the weekend at the emergency vet for my pup so I didn’t have a chance to try until late last night.

Last edited:
- Quick and dirty plates with racing numbers for 101creative's Lotus Elise Cup 1996 -

View attachment 1378119

• back-up car.
  • drop these files in the "skins" folder of the "lotus_elise_cup_1996" car by 101creative , overwrite.
  • these files are not skins, mind you, just add-ons for existing skins.
  • includes random driver name for every skin so your Crewchief is gonna like it, as well as basic preview image.
another little add-on...

- Quick and dirty rear eurocup plate for 101creative's Lotus Elise Cup 1996 -

lotuz2.jpg

• back-up car.
  • delete every "Plate_D.dds" and "Plate_NM.dss" from each and every skin folder of the car.
  • drag or copy the "plate_d.dss" into each and every skin folder of the car.

Can someone post the ext_config.ini from Spa? I replaced it with treeFX but even my 4070 is underpowered in turn1 with a full grid of GT3s 🫠

Can someone post the ext_config.ini from Spa? I replaced it with treeFX but even my 4070 is underpowered in turn1 with a full grid of GT3s 🫠
The one from @MoriSan on Overtake?
You can rem the two sections out, that he provided, and you're back to square one.
Like....

[INCLUDE]
;INCLUDE=treeFX.ini

;[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
;FILE= spa.kn5
;HIDE= ;A,AA,AB,AC,AD,AE,AF,AG,AH,AI,AJ,AK,AL,AM,AN,AO,AP,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AV,AW,AX,AY,AZ,B,BA,BB,BC,BD,BE,BF,BG,BJ,BK,BL,BM,BN,BO,BP,BQ,BR,BS,BT,BU,BV,BW,BX,BY,BZ,C,CA,CB,D,E,F,FA,FB,FC,FD,FF,FO,FP,FQ,FS,Forest010,G,H,I,J,K,L,Line6597,Line6598,Line6599,Line6600,Line6601,Line6606,Line6836,Line6955,Line8193,Line8649,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,Shape269,T,U,V,X,Y,Z,tree_cast?, shadow3d?

Last edited:
As said, i made over 500 configs (from public to private) so i should know how object inspector works as today :D
Till the patche 0.2.3-p1 no issue at all with the object inspector. From that on, all have the same problem even they affect different part of tracks from track to track. Don't know if there's anything that need to be turned on in CM or not to let works fine since the next patch version that works fine for me.
Could you give me the exact situation, so i can repeat it and test things.
track, car, mabe screenshot of your whole screen where you click. I'm just trying to pack this into a report for CSP

• Since you are using open composite, you might want to adjust the brightnees in OpenXR tool kit
Individual Controls

These are adjusting individual enhancements settings and they allow fine tuning the image displaying in the headset:

• Contrast: Adjusts the difference between bright and dark pixels (Neutral: 50).
  • Brightness: Adjusts those pixels that are not already extremely bright (preserves the highlights) and adjusts midtones, aka gamma (Neutral: 50).
  • Exposure: Adjusts the brightness or darkness of the entire image (Neutral: 50).
  • Saturation: Adjusts the colorfullness of the entire image. It affects all colors and pixels in the image equally, regardless of how saturated they already are (Neutral: 50).
  • Vibrance: Adjusts the intensity of the more muted colors while leaving the saturated colors untouched (Neutral: 0).
  • Highlights: Adjusts the highlight details in reducing the intensity of the brightest pixels (Neutral: 100).
  • Shadows: Adjusts the details that appear in shadows in brightening the darkest pixels (Neutral: 0).
Good idea. I'm already running foveated rendering with the OpenXR toolkit, but adjusting these settings never crossed my mind.

Too bad the toolkit is deprecated software, even though it still works just fine for most OpenXR games. It really has some nice features.

And OpenXR is a well defined and widely used standard, so the toolkit will probably have a pretty long life, even without any updates. (As long as Meta stops breaking OpenXR functionality every other update..)

Could you give me the exact situation, so i can repeat it and test things.
track, car, mabe screenshot of your whole screen where you click. I'm just trying to pack this into a report for CSP
I will record a video as soon as i will hit my pc where i have AC installed. I will DM you ok @Peter Boese? Thanks

Anyway: all modded tracks, whatever car. Depends on modded track-to modded track when and on which mesh/material happens. Tested with various CSP patches. The only which works fine is, as said, the 0.2.3-preview 1. All the ones i tested later than that one, have this issue (both on old and new pc).

Basically when happens, i'm in free mode (F4) you can select an object on the track which became highlighted, if you select something else that is affected by the issue, you can click how many times you want, but you CAN'T select it, it seems a "transparent" object.

Last edited:
Hi Gentlemen !

Please, help me !
I’m using the last CSP 0.2.4 (available version) in CM.

Maybe I got brain disease, cognitive issues, all is possible but I think since this last version, the default replay camera is the cockpit view… all right !?
Before, It seems to me it was the first outside camera view and it was perfect for me.

So, my brain took suddenly brain damage or the change had be done with the 0.2.4 version ?
So, how is it possible to get back to my favorite first replay camera as before ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers.

Hi Gentlemen !

Please, help me !

Maybe I got brain disease, cognitive issues, all is possible but I think since this last version, the default replay camera is the cockpit view… all right !?
Before, It seems to me it was the first outside camera view and it was perfect for me.

So, my brain took suddenly brain damage or the change had be done with the 0.2.4 version ?
So, how is it possible to get back to my favorite first replay camera as before ?

Cheers.
Yes, latest version (tested in order to try to see if the problems above were solved) i have the same issue too. The default camera is the cockpit view and not the cameras.ini

Hi Gentlemen !

Please, help me !

Cheers.
Japp, I asked myself already the same question. I think there is some setting somewhere where you can define this, but still searching...

Edit: found it @Elio92

1722881709975.png

Last edited:
HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

View attachment 1347451
Hi @racinjoe013 . Hope you are doing well.
Just wanted to ask you if you could apply your amazing update to the newer 1.3 version of the Hungaroring by Fenryr, which was updated today

GREEK ISLAND
This the little hill track is inspired by the white walls and blue domes of Santorini...​
I don't know if it's because of the color of the terrain, or because of the number of tight corners, or why... but it seemed appropriate to try this track with the Camotos Yamaha... and it also seemed appropriate to see first-hand if there's no water in the sea as mentioned before by some forum members...

Screenshot_axfor_camotos_r6_greek_island_5-7-124-21-41-41.jpg

... and yes, there's still no water...

Last edited:
Try it, if you and when you can, on modded tracks. It's a tool that i never use with stock tracks-cars (on over 500 config i did in years, i worked only on Red Bull Ring with Racinjoe013 for stock base tracks).

Anyway as said, it allow to select something, but it won't select something else (sometimes it allow me to select road, but not banners, sometimes viceversa bases always on different tracks). If start happens on track x, on the road mesh, it always keep doing the same whatever i do.
My first post regarding your issue was with Dubai Autodrome from RT and I can select whatever I want with the tool

Due to a lot of issues regarding physics & AI on melbourne22, I have made some updates to this track
(@Breathe you will probably want to update your listing 😉)

View attachment 1339558

-----------------------------------------------------------
NOTES - UPDATE 0.0.4
-----------------------------------------------------------
Physics update
- Pit section completely recut
- Penalty Cut Section added a T4 (inside / outside)
- Penalty Cut Section added a T9 (inside)
- Penalty Cut Section added a T10 (inside)
- Penalty Cut Section added a T14 (inside)

AI & Data update
- New fast_lane.ai
- New pit_lane.ai
- New ideal_line.ai
- New ai_hints.ini
- New side_l.csv
- New side_r.csv
- Updated surfaces.ini include the new cut sections

AC objects
- New Pit slots: now has 30

Files
- split main melbourne22.kn5 into:
• melbourne22.kn5
• optional anticuts.kn5 (at turn 4 / 9 / 10)
• optional physics2022.kn5 (for 2022 kerb at exit of turn 4)

General
- optimize & cleanup track and remove empty meshes
- reduce melbourne22.kn5 file size from 773MB to 260MB
- track melbourne22 & melbourne_2019 now included as layouts in a single track folder (as they use some common files)
- add missing tyres sections on some tyrewalls

Unchanged
No changes on visuals / textures / config

Pyyer or others, any updates/details on this Melbourne?

The pre-2021 version in this download, I believe, is just the patrikpat/ACU/sliderman most recent version, which is in need of quite a bit of work still. The pit boxes stack on top of each other, the AI is terrible, and the track details look dated and low-fidelity.

The interesting one, though, is the most recent "2022+" version that I know Pyyer was taking a look at with this post. The mesh is actually really, really good - super accurate in both bumps and dimensions, and feels great to drive - and the AI is actually fairly far along as well.

The problem is, it's nowhere near finished - the road texture is a primitive, pixelated low-poly version, and some sections even just have white polygonal texture stand-ins on the road. The surroundings are non-existent, and some of the billboards haven't been placed. I will add screenshots if I have the time.

I'm just wondering about any further work on this, as I've been of the opinion for years that Albert Park (along with Baku and Jerez) is one of AC's major, most gaping "high-profile track" holes - and this "2022" version that Pyyer posted here seriously has the bones to be an excellent version.

Cheers to anyone who may know.

My first post regarding your issue was with Dubai Autodrome from RT and I can select whatever I want with the tool
To be honest i don't remember on which tracks i had the issue (first because i did too much config to remember all of them, second because since i noticed the "issue", i keept using the csp which works fine for my needs). Anyway since now many (paid) mods start requires a specific version of CSP (like the new VRC FA) this will force me to update someday to newer version, which means i have to found a solution. I have to update Peter Boese as soon as i can hit my AC-pc

I don't know if it's because of the color of the terrain, or because of the number of tight corners, or why... but it seemed appropriate to try this track with the Camotos Yamaha... and it also seemed appropriate to see first-hand if there's no water in the sea as mentioned before by some forum members...

View attachment 1378538

You should wait for the tide, no?

After many bugfixes and many settings related changes, maybe its a try to reset your CSP settings to defaults.
Could be there is just one little settings which causes this bug, but the setting was wrong in the first place but it didn't cause the bug.
Just do this:
Goto /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ rename the "extension" folder to something different. Restart CM. It will create a new "extension" folder. You can restore it later.
Yep, that did the trick... now Objects Inspector works fine. Unfortunately my CSP is back to Vanilla so I'm going to have to figure out what was causing this to begin with -- but THANK YOU for this helpful tip as I can now use this trick to troubleshoot all sorts of problems. :D

Does anyone know how to remove the pit crew animation when you pit? I'm currently working on a retro GT Championship and I've edited the pitstop lengths for each car. What with the 15-20 second pitstops the pit crews look ridiculous and immersion killing as they moooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyy sllllllooooooowwwwww.
I think there is a option in Content Manager
i dont know exactly but look in settings--shaderpatch--trackFx
you can hide pit-crew

View attachment 1378538

I don't understand the problems, man... right for me, I have water.

Yep, that did the trick... now Objects Inspector works fine. Unfortunately my CSP is back to Vanilla so I'm going to have to figure out what was causing this to begin with -- but THANK YOU for this helpful tip as I can now use this trick to troubleshoot all sorts of problems. :D
If you do this again:

Goto /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ rename the "extension" folder to something different. Restart CM. It will create a new "extension" folder. You can restore it later.

If that solved it, go into this backuped folder. This "extension" folder holds all the CHANGES different to the default settings. So you could have a look into the files. You can also copy the files back into the new "extension" folder one by one and you instantly see the change in running AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back