Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,419 comments
Help please. I have tried the new "Rally Stage" mode yesterday. It did work fine. But now I cannot turn it off anymore! I have pacenotes by the codriver and the onscreen-signs in EVERY mode - including race (even closing CM or turning off the PC didnt help). Has anyone figured out, how to stop that feature?

So a warning to eyerybody: Be careful with this.
You can turn it off by disapling Rally Copilot lua app. In Cm go to Content - miscellaneous - lua apps.

Links for both mods have been updated to new versions. Please read carefully to avoid any issues. Personally, I believe the best version to use is the standalone version to get the best experience. I could do more with it because I didn't have to worry about messing up the original Spa track. Plus, it's easier to get rid of it if you don't like what I did than it is to try and undo things in the original spa folder.

Standalone version:

-- Please delete the old spa_2022 folder first.
-- Full support for all of Pyyer's F1 and WEC 6.1 extensions. Directions on how to make Pyyer's extensions work properly are included.
-- Added a Spa 2013 layout which is nothing more than the original Spa track with my grass, tree and road assets included in the kn5 file. Two reasons for this. One, it makes all the layouts look the same and work with the included track skins. Two, it makes the Pyyer F1 2020 and 2021 extensions work properly because they require the spa.kn5 file be in the track folder and some new entries in the layouts ext_config file.
-- All the layouts include their default ai files. If you have a particular custom ai you like to use, you will need to copy it to this track folder for all layouts.
-- Restored the trees from the Kunos version of Spa simply because I liked them better than guigui's default tree textures.
-- Fixes to the night lights I messed up on my prior versions for the 2022 layout and all of Pyyer's layouts.
-- There may be an issue with the timing on the WEC 24H layout because it uses a different s/f line point. You will still get a correct lap time, but where it begins calculating it is a bit messed up. I'm working on trying to figure it out, but it's not worth holding up the release of this update for that issue.
-- One suggestion I would make is to go into the data folder for all of Pyyer's layouts and delete or rename the lighting.ini file. I don't believe the lighting.ini file uses the correct pitch or sun angle and you'd be better off not using it. But that's your choice.

Spa folder version:

-- Includes all the things in the standalone version update except you might want to skip installing my files for the F1 2020 and 2021 extensions and just use Pyyer's default files. I can't guarantee they will work properly with the stock spa.kn5 file or whatever ext_config file you might already have.

Managing 11 different layouts was kind of confusing so i'm sure I made some mistakes along the way. Please point them out here or via a PM so I can try and fix them. If you have issues getting the Pyyer 6.1 extensions installed, please reach out to me via PM. It's not hard to do, but I can see where it can be confusing if you don't understand folder structures.
Thanks a lot for your work Joe, much appreciated!

Can I just ask what are the differences between the 3 trees skins? I've looked at them in a dds viewer tool and I can't really spot any differences. And finally can the pine trees skin be used alongside one of the 3 trees skin or is it one or the other?

Another day another problem!
White flag appear and stay from the start to the finish, doesnt matter how many laps...
Trying to race with Crewchief is annoying AF... (White flag... there's the white flag mate...)
Any way to remove the flag warning?
No I've got that, you've changed a setting to do with the last lap (obviously). I'm away from my computer at the moment but I changed it, had the EXACT same issue, reverted it back and I now don't have ... "White flag mate, final lap"...."you've got a white flag mate"...."white flag". And so on and on. When I get home I'll screen shot it so you know which option to change.

Thanks a lot for your work Joe, much appreciated!

Can I just ask what are the differences between the 3 trees skins? I've looked at them in a dds viewer tool and I can't really spot any differences. And finally can the pine trees skin be used alongside one of the 3 trees skin or is it one or the other?
I should have removed those, but forgot. You can delete them if you want. The main difference between them is that each one gets progressively less saturated and the tops of the trees get progressively less bright.

Here's my problem with the Spa track (Kunos Spa + Spa 2022 mod + Pyyer exts), the asphalt in clear weather conditions is very clear, it dazzles and it's impossible to use the track, while everything goes back to normal in cloudy weather conditions. Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot to everyone!

Last edited:
Here's my problem with the Spa track (Kunos Spa + Spa 2022 mod + Pyyer exts), the asphalt in clear weather conditions is very clear, it dazzles and it's impossible to use the track, while everything goes back to normal in cloudy weather conditions. Can anyone help me?

Don't know how you installed, don't know how the track is configured, but it seems that the ksSpecular is set WAY to high. Check it with the object inspector the value

you can lower the "speculars" in Pure Conifg "Light" tab, sun section. Or you use Pure LCS.

No I've got that, you've changed a setting to do with the last lap (obviously). I'm away from my computer at the moment but I changed it, had the EXACT same issue, reverted it back and I now don't have ... "White flag mate, final lap"...."you've got a white flag mate"...."white flag". And so on and on. When I get home I'll screen shot it so you know which option to change.
You home yet?? :D

Big Brother Hello GIF by Big Brother Australia

I had the same problem, especially with latest version of C13Aegis filter. I solved using Pure basic filter, or downgrading C13 Aegis to a lower version than 1.88 (with 1.85 is slightly better).
Other good solution is yours, using @racinjoe013 addon.

@CrisT86 KsSpecular is set to 1.00

Last edited:
Isn't it funky that in replay mode many leaderboards and all kind of apps fail to report drivers' positions while MapDisplay reports super-precisely, tight as hell?

Must be alien technology :rolleyes:

You home yet?? :D

Big Brother Hello GIF by Big Brother Australia
I think you got the answer already on the csp discord this morning.

1723054053649.png

Help please. I have tried the new "Rally Stage" mode yesterday. It did work fine. But now I cannot turn it off anymore! I have pacenotes by the codriver and the onscreen-signs in EVERY mode - including race (even closing CM or turning off the PC didnt help). Has anyone figured out, how to stop that feature?

So a warning to eyerybody: Be careful with this.
Just go to the right to the sidebar ingame and disable the co-pilot app.

Links for both mods have been updated to new versions. Please read carefully to avoid any issues. Personally, I believe the best version to use is the standalone version to get the best experience. I could do more with it because I didn't have to worry about messing up the original Spa track. Plus, it's easier to get rid of it if you don't like what I did than it is to try and undo things in the original spa folder.

Standalone version:

-- Please delete the old spa_2022 folder first.
-- Full support for all of Pyyer's F1 and WEC 6.1 extensions. Directions on how to make Pyyer's extensions work properly are included.
-- Added a Spa 2013 layout which is nothing more than the original Spa track with my grass, tree and road assets included in the kn5 file. Two reasons for this. One, it makes all the layouts look the same and work with the included track skins. Two, it makes the Pyyer F1 2020 and 2021 extensions work properly because they require the spa.kn5 file be in the track folder and some new entries in the layouts ext_config file.
-- All the layouts include their default ai files. If you have a particular custom ai you like to use, you will need to copy it to this track folder for all layouts.
-- Restored the trees from the Kunos version of Spa simply because I liked them better than guigui's default tree textures.
-- Fixes to the night lights I messed up on my prior versions for the 2022 layout and all of Pyyer's layouts.
-- There may be an issue with the timing on the WEC 24H layout because it uses a different s/f line point. You will still get a correct lap time, but where it begins calculating it is a bit messed up. I'm working on trying to figure it out, but it's not worth holding up the release of this update for that issue.
-- One suggestion I would make is to go into the data folder for all of Pyyer's layouts and delete or rename the lighting.ini file. I don't believe the lighting.ini file uses the correct pitch or sun angle and you'd be better off not using it. But that's your choice.

Spa folder version:

-- Includes all the things in the standalone version update except you might want to skip installing my files for the F1 2020 and 2021 extensions and just use Pyyer's default files. I can't guarantee they will work properly with the stock spa.kn5 file or whatever ext_config file you might already have.

Managing 11 different layouts was kind of confusing so i'm sure I made some mistakes along the way. Please point them out here or via a PM so I can try and fix them. If you have issues getting the Pyyer 6.1 extensions installed, please reach out to me via PM. It's not hard to do, but I can see where it can be confusing if you don't understand folder structures.
1: thx for ur work and 2: u have included a folder named "layout_24h_2024" but i dont know which pyyer mod it comes from. can u maybe tell us which it is? or could it be that this file is mistakenly placed?

Last edited:
Thanks to @Perico Lospa for pointing out a rather big oversight on my part for the 2013 and F1 2020 and 2021 layouts on my recent standalone spa_2022 mod update. I forgot to set the line material to transparent so there were no white lines on the track. Just download the attached file and overwrite when it asks. The full mod already contains this fix.

On another note, anyone have a good cooler they could suggest to keep a Ryzen 5600 cool and comfortable. I was looking at either Noctua NH-U12S, ID-COOLING SE-224-XTS Black or a Cooler Master Hyper 212 or EVO. Of the three, which is best or should I be looking at something else? Thanks for any info...

Attachments

• white_line_fix.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Isn't it funky that in replay mode many leaderboards and all kind of apps fail to report drivers' positions while MapDisplay reports super-precisely, tight as hell?

Must be alien technology :rolleyes:
Yes. I struggled with that for a long time until I found CMRT hud. I don't know if there are other huds or apps that do this, but this one does show position and gaps in real time on replays.

I've been at work fixing serious issues with the 90s NASCAR mod and right now I'm having to make serious adjustments to the Ford Thunderbird. It required scaling down from an inaccurate 2.925m wheelbase to a much more accurate 2.87 and a handful of model edits. Unfortunately, I'm not very experienced with modding for Assetto Corsa and as such I'm having issues with some of it's concepts.
Screenshot 2024-08-07 224114.png
Screenshot 2024-08-07.png

My current problem lies is that the model and empties are all off from the collision model at the orgin, but when I try to select them it doesn't allow me to move anything that isn't a mesh, like WHEEL_LF, WHEEL_RF etc. When these objects are selected I cannot leave Object mode and thus any movement doesn't translate.
Secondly as can be seen in the render in CM Showroom, this is what the product looks like, on top of it being sunken and offset, the glass is completely opaque, can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
__custom_showroom_1723087605.png

On another note, anyone have a good cooler they could suggest to keep a Ryzen 5600 cool and comfortable. I was looking at either Noctua NH-U12S, ID-COOLING SE-224-XTS Black or a Cooler Master Hyper 212 or EVO. Of the three, which is best or should I be looking at something else? Thanks for any info...
Check the GamersNexus Youtube channel, for test results.
Do not know if wanting to upgrade, but the stock 5600 is not a hotrunner, so here I would first check does it fit in your PC case and your RAM. Then get an affordable air cooler.

Yes. I struggled with that for a long time until I found CMRT hud. I don't know if there are other huds or apps that do this, but this one does show position and gaps in real time on replays.
I was blinded by the beauty of ZenLeaderboard but yes, CMRT Essential is very cool and just needs less than a minute to do it's job.

Now, the shocker is that the full version is 4.99 Neuros on Patreon.

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back