Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,704 comments
I think GTsupreme is the only one that's converted those cars from the old Virtua-LM mod.
Speaking of, I refurbished some of these cars with 4K skins but they're still rough asf. Should've never been converted to AC lol
__custom_showroom_1706451433.jpg

__custom_showroom_1706544695.jpg
__custom_showroom_1706697309.jpg
__custom_showroom_1706805826.jpg

Hello guys, does anyone know if there are modpacks with WSC cars of the later seasons? Like the 1992 WSC championship?
Only 1 "pack" that I know of. Not my fave because model accuracy/detail level, But Tony has put a TRUCKLOAD of work in, and continues to do so. Patreon, so as we say in SA, "Haal uit en wys." << translation "Show me the money!"

Hi Guys

Thanks to JK1977 for the upload, love this car and thank you very much!

Update details:

• Interior and exterior texture update
  • New carbon fibre textures and upscaled
  • New alcantara fabric texture and upscaled
  • Added curves to rear light texture
  • Curves added to glass textures
  • New interior metal texture added and upscaled
  • Front headlight textures reworked and upscaled
  • General carbon textures reworked and upscaled
  • Curves added to tire textures and upscaled
  • Adjusted tire tread to match tire wall textures
  • Reworked and cleaned up display, better color and quality
  • Added new logos to display
  • My Beck's skin included

View attachment 1387046View attachment 1387047View attachment 1387048
View attachment 1387164
View attachment 1387161
Are f302v and Jan Kapscke same author?

Since we're talking about Tommy78 mods a lot recently, I've been making this when I've been bored at work:
View attachment 1387229
Does anybody have some tips and suggestions to churn out skins faster? I notice some of you guys can really pump them out but these take ages for me.
be single

don't work

sit infornt paint.net for 14 hours a day

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :gtpflag: :gtpflag:

this is the only way to churn them out quicker it's just a time thing

after 70 skin's i can do them quicker as i am used to the interface e.t.c but even after streamlining how you work and learning new things to reduce time, it still takes ages

there are other ways of skinning aswell like in blender but i havent gone down that avenue as i dont want to get involved with blender but maybe this is quicker once you get used to it i have no idea

also very dependant on how good the UV map is, this can add hours or even day's if its a bad map

Last edited:
Hello guys, does anyone know if there are modpacks with WSC cars of the later seasons? Like the 1992 WSC championship?
The 1990-1992 final years of the Group C era is auch an under-represented era in sim racing.

The gtsupreme mods are all that really exist, and the quality of those would sadly test even the most ardent of fans.

Here's hoping for an eventual XJR-14, Peugeot 905, Mercedes C11, Toyota TS010 and a final Porsche 962 variant, from the likes of RSS or VRC, as a pack of these cars would be incredible.

I think RSS hinted at possibly the Jaguar XJR-12(1990) being in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Hello fellas, Recently found out that Mr steal yo mods for profit (FSR) put out an E36 Super touring mod with an full working interior. It's just the pm3dm mod with an interior from somewhere i don't know. However the entire body mapping has been changed so you can't put any of the skins off the PM3DM version onto it.

I dont suppose there is anyone in here that could maybe see if it's possible to put the interior into the normal PM3DM version instead? Since there is so many skins already made for that one and chances are absolutely 0 that anyone is doing stuff for this one.

:)

Link for the mod, It's not his anyways and it's not encrypted.

View attachment 1386505
You can find link here

Last edited:
Hey guys,

was trying to make a 1966 race at willow springs according from the Cal Club Region SCCA organiser. You know, a lil later than the one featured in the Le Mans movie. The entry list from that race

Anyway, i cannot find a proper Ford Falcon Sprint. I found a "thing" from sim dream but i cannot seriously race against this nor recommend it to be downloaded.

Do you guys know of a proper version of this awesome looking piece of history?

I'll be using the lotus 23 from Lore's vintage emporium, but i'm pretty sure i've seen another version in the thread. What would be the best availavble in your opinion?

And then, i'd still be missing the Triumph TR4 (again, there's one from Sim dream but i'm getting tired of trying. Let me know if it's a great one lol).

I know for the sake of challenge i'll add a 65 mustang and a bunch of Bazza TCL/ACL but if i could discover new gems i'd be happy.

thanks!

Last edited:
be single

don't work

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :gtpflag: :gtpflag:

this is the only way to churn them out quicker it's just a time thing

after 70 skin's i can do them quicker as i am used to the interface e.t.c but even after streamlining how you work and learning new things to reduce time, it still takes ages

there are other ways of skinning aswell like in blender but i havent gone down that avenue as i dont want to get involved with blender but maybe this is quicker once you get used to it i have no idea

also very dependant on how good the UV map is, this can add hours or even day's if its a bad map

@maximeerkat
I only use paint.net to save as a .dds file. I find it to not be very user friendly as it's really very limited. But that could just be that I've used Paint Shop Pro for many versions/years, (since Nascar Racing 3) to make skins. There I make all the graphics on different layers, merge, copy and paste to paint.net to save as .dds in game. And yes it can totally wreck your Saturday sometimes!

Last edited:
Does anybody have some tips and suggestions to churn out skins faster? I notice some of you guys can really pump them out but these take ages for me.
be single
don't work
This is too right!!! take your time becoming familiar with the tools you are using, and plenty of trial & error. Also learn some keyboard-shortcuts with Windows & Apps, as your motor-skills (typing) can be way faster than your hand/mouse coordination.

As an example, this particular livery has taken just over 6hrs to reach this level of quality (not all at once) - take breaks, review your work at intervals, and measure against your desired outcome (mind-mapping-process).

Afterwards, place the livery in-game and review again, and again until you reach your desired goal. I've been skinning for just over 2-3yrs, and always learning something new.

Best endeavours... 👍

Personally, two vital shortcuts for me are: CTR+Z (undo) & CTR+Y (re-do). The SHIFT, ALT & CTR keys will in time become your best-buds on the keyboard.

Opel Calibra - Playstation Livery #23

opel_calibra__playstation_1.png

opel_calibra__playstation_2.png

opel_calibra__playstation_3.png

Feel free to 'LIKE' or otherwise with these results/effort.

p.s. Really pleased to see so many other modders getting involved with the many mods that are been shared - too many to list, but you know who you are... Thank you ALL!

Last edited:
I keep seeing skins and such for the Calibra but where is the latest version of this mod hosted? The link in the original post from the 17th is dead :boggled: Other links are just for a kn5 file

Hi Guys

Here is my texture update for the 1991 t78_m3evo_dtm by Tommy78.

This is a complete interior texture update :)

Installation:

- You need to have the t78_m3evo_dtm by Tommy78 car mod installed first

- Copy my textures (ClimaxF1_texture_Update folder) into each skins folder

- Have included one skins folder as an example on how textures should be installed

Please make sure that you install my textures into the right car skins folders t78_m3evo_dtm

Update details v1.0:

• New dash leather texture and upscaled
  • New dash NM and upascaled
  • New alcantara texture and upscaled
  • New alcantara NM and upscaled
  • New carbon texture and upscaled
  • New carbon NM and upscaled
  • New interior paint/metal texture and upscaled
  • New interior cage texture and upscaled
  • New body map texture and upscaled, better paint colors with more gloss
  • Curves added to red fabric and upscaled
  • Reworked steering wheel textures and upscaled, added MOMO ITALY logo
  • Added faded carbon texture to center console dash, also upscaled
  • Added M3 DTM logo to center console dash
  • Reworked all interior parts and upscaled
  • Added some curves to exterior light textures and upscaled

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures or cannot find car mod, please DM me and I would be more than happy to assist :)

preview.jpg
__custom_showroom_1725729024.jpg
Screenshot_t78_m3evo_dtm_rt_fuji_speedway_7-8-124-17-38-4.jpg
Screenshot_t78_m3evo_dtm_rt_fuji_speedway_7-8-124-17-35-15.jpg
Screenshot_t78_m3evo_dtm_rt_fuji_speedway_7-8-124-17-38-6.jpg
Screenshot_t78_m3evo_dtm_rt_fuji_speedway_7-8-124-17-35-18.jpg

Small update to my rj_imola_2024 track. If this didn't bother you then you can skip this. This is not the full track but just the files you need to replace. Just drag the contents folder to the root 'assettocorsa' directory and overwrite when it asks. If it causes any issues (which it shouldn't), then download the full track over again because the full mod includes these changes.

-- Fixed the overly dark hillside spectator seats caused by weird shadowing on two parts of the track.

rj_imola_2024 update

Since we're talking about Tommy78 mods a lot recently, I've been making this when I've been bored at work:
View attachment 1387229
For me there is no quick way if you want to have quality skins. There are certainly a lot of cars which have been converted including skins from other games like rfactor or gtr2. Those skins might look good in a big field of cars, but not if you really look at them in detail.

For me the use of Substance Painter was a game changer. After getting used to skinning in 3D my process is much quicker. The most time consuming part is to create 2D stickers in Gimp and of course the process of creating pngs and compressing to dds (might be only me, but I always forget little things which I find out about only last minute when the skin is viewed in CM.)

Last but not least organisation of your resources is very important. I have very well organized folders for (models, maps, stickers, extensions, photos........)

But in the end it is not about beeing fast, it is about having fun with our passion.

I have recently started using Paint Shop, which was added to the CSP.
Install it from the App Shelf in the in-game menu.
To increase the resolution of the skin to 4K, open Paintshop.lua in assettocorsa\apps\lua\Paintshop and change 2048 to 4096 on lines 16 and 33.
(I don't know if this is the right way, but it works for me)

Tutorial Video

Skins I have created (probably to be released next week)
Screenshot_j8_honda_nsx_na1_type_r_asr_owc_1992_round_12_31-7-124-14-30-16.jpg
Screenshot_j8_honda_nsx_na1_type_r_asr_owc_1992_round_15_31-7-124-14-27-56.jpg

There are other add-ons that make it easier to do 3D painting in Blender.
LiveryHelper

Hi Guys

Here is my texture update for the 1991 t78_m3evo_dtm by Tommy78.

This is a complete interior texture update :)

Installation:

- You need to have the t78_m3evo_dtm by Tommy78 car mod installed first

- Copy my textures (ClimaxF1_texture_Update folder) into each skins folder

- Have included one skins folder as an example on how textures should be installed

Please make sure that you install my textures into the right car skins folders t78_m3evo_dtm

Update details v1.0:

• New dash leather texture and upscaled
  • New dash NM and upascaled
  • New alcantara texture and upscaled
  • New alcantara NM and upscaled
  • New carbon texture and upscaled
  • New carbon NM and upscaled
  • New interior paint/metal texture and upscaled
  • New interior cage texture and upscaled
  • New body map texture and upscaled, better paint colors with more gloss
  • Curves added to red fabric and upscaled
  • Reworked steering wheel textures and upscaled, added MOMO ITALY logo
  • Added faded carbon texture to center console dash, also upscaled
  • Added M3 DTM logo to center console dash
  • Reworked all interior parts and upscaled
  • Added some curves to exterior light textures and upscaled

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures or cannot find car mod, please DM me and I would be more than happy to assist :)

View attachment 1387376View attachment 1387377View attachment 1387378View attachment 1387379View attachment 1387380View attachment 1387381
Also in VR this transforms it into a high quality mod. Many thanks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back