ASSETTO CORSA Stuttering, 100% CPU usage and worse AI

• Thread starter Sele1981
  • 44 comments
Earlier generation Sims ??? If a game is released before a other one does that mean it has worse physics ? I think yours is crazy talk. Only because AC is one of the newest Sims doesn't make the physics better. For example i know people who are still playing GP 4 , do you know this game ? I personally hate it but yeah , some people still love the physics of it.

Sometimes it's: Old but Gold.

Don't get me wrong, AC is great , its not bad , but the physics are never ever on the level of netKar Pro or iRacing... For me it's a new rFactor.
You got AC last week so I'll take your "never ever" with a grain of salt. Again your personal preferences notwithstanding You can like the physics of the older games better, its your perogative.
But, to say that AC physics aren't on the level of netKar Pro or iRacing implying that the physics of AC are worse, or inferior, is nonsensical.
If you mean to argue that "AC physics aren't on the level of netKar Pro or iRacing" as a point of fact, please share some quantitative or qualitative differences that support your hypothesis.

but the physics are never ever on the level of netKar Pro or iRacing...

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you do realize the guys making AC are the same guys who made netKar Pro, right?

Do you really think they sat down in a meeting and said "Hey, how can we make our new physics model worse than our old one?"

Gotta chime in here. netKar Pro was made by Kunos. Also the PnG mod was made / perfected by Stephano (Kunos). Not sure what settings your using or if you have a wheel or not, but it seems that every other sim out there is being compared to AC as the target to reach for, physics-wise. 'Ice'Racing is even remodeling their tyre physic since the AC Tech Demo was released.

edt: tree'd; ICE you're opinion is your own and mine is mine. No sweat if you prefer the older games, I just don't agree with it. 👍

Omg whats going on here. I didn't gave some pro/con arguments because this is not the Thread about that, i wanted to talk about the CPU problem and because that was the first time i was in the Assetto Corsa Thread i wanted to give my overall feeling about AC.

I know that nP is made by Kunos but still this doesn't mean that the physics are better ! iam not talking bad about AC i like it, really!
Pls play nP and after that AC. you will definitely feel a difference.

BTW why are some of you so aggressive or lets say it in other words, why are you so harsh if we try to talk about physics ? I can't understand your reaction.

Maybe i forgot the physics of nP maybe iam just dreaming, but what i have in mind is in case of physics is better than AC's.

Well I always thought GTR2 has the best physics ever. So I installed it 2 months ago and was shocked how old and undynamic they felt in comparison to AC. The newer games have more "alife" physics.

So Guys after the discussion of the Physics and other stuff i thought it would be nice to come back to the Topic :cheers:

First of all i was thinking that it was a Problem of the GP2 Mod, but now i know that it has nothing to do with it. It appears on the AC Track + AC Cars too !

I read many threads about this Topic, it is definitely a software Problem and not a hardware problem.
Did the Developers say something about it ? Are they working on a fix ?

I tried the "options" thing in Steam (launch commands) but it didn't helped too.
Now i rememeber why i stoped playing on PC, problems problems and again problems, especially with the best system on the World called Windows... but thats a other topic :lol:

I agree it can be a pain at times getting the optimal settings for your PC but the benefits that it brings in other areas far out way that con. I know this isn't going to help with your issue but to be fair the game is still in development. They are aware of the issue and one can only assume its something they are working hard to fix.

Thanks
I hope so, i really want to make a race with many cars on track, exactly that what isnt possible on console racers :D ... but yeah it is in development so lets wait and see.
But it's a bit strange because the development team has to have a High End Pc too , did they not notice it ?

@Sele1981 does this stuttering occur while solo hotlapping? Or is it just against AI? I'm getting a mid-grade PC in a week or two and was thinking of getting AC but I get leery when I see stuff like this. I'm not the most computer savvy and the last thing I want is issues like this. If I can hotlap without issues that's good enough for me but if this occurs even when you are alone on the track it would really put me off.
Hey Johnny, I am running this game on an Asus G74sx laptop, that is now about 2-3 years old. I run it almost maxed out, with shadows and shadow generation turned right down.

It still looks mint, and runs damn good too.

You should be all G with a mid range desktop.

I have an older Intel Q9450 and an very old Radeon 5670HD. I have all settings on minimum and can run a field with 20 AI cars with 60FPS and get no 95% CPU warning. I tried with 26 cars and then I get that warning.

Ok today I played with the Formula Abarth and 18 AI cars on Monza. I set the graphics to medium and got about 60-70 FPS. But I got the 95% CPU warning. After I finished playing, I checked my PC after turning it off. It was so extremely hot, I wonder if there will be any damage. The HDD, the cooler, the power supply, totally overheated. Kunos has really do something about this problem.

I have a diffrent problem, my pc is telling me i only use 20% cpu on the task manager, but ingame it says >99%, any fix for this? it happens mostly online.

I have a diffrent problem, my pc is telling me i only use 20% cpu on the task manager, but ingame it says >99%, any fix for this? it happens mostly online.

System specs? Also try using other CPU monitoring programs like CPUID HWMonitor/RealTemp. Task manager readings are iffy at best.

I'm wondering if there's an issue too. I get the warning with 23 AI cars, 26 and more and I actually start getting slow motion. Rivatuner display says one core is using 70% at most, the rest aren't doing much. Had the CPU warning in the past with >24 cars on some circuits which went away in later patches, but could run up to 50 cars without slow down before hand.

CPU is an i7 (920 D0) currently running at 3.9Ghz.

I was running some solo laps at Magione in the X-Bow the other day and had some massive stuttering at the two sharp right handers at the back of the course before the long straight. I've had small issues there before, but this was huge, half second stutters type of thing.

Latest Posts

Back