Aston Martin Vanquish Volante 2014

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 13 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage wants to put this time a more modern car under the PD spotlight when they are searching the suggestion threads ... I want to suggest the Aston Martin Vanquish Volante from 2013.
Why? A cabriolet with a 6.0 L V12 engine producing 565 ponies is not a daily common car.
Enjoy!

2ew2q20.jpg

The Aston Martin Vanquish Volante from 2014 is a very powerful convertible sports car with a 6.0-liter V12 engine producing 565 horsepower and 457 pound-feet of torque, which is capable to top speed of 183 mph.

The Vanquish Volante is the first fully carbon fiber-skinned Volante in the brand’s 100-year history, while also being the stiffest Volante body structure yet created by the engineering team at Aston Martin’s global HQ in Gaydon, Warwickshire, England.

The new car’s triple-skin lightweight fabric roof can be operated at speeds of up to 30 mph and takes just 14 seconds to fold – meaning the switch from enclosed to open top motoring, or vice versa, can be made effortlessly while on the move.

The design of Vanquish Volante represents the latest take on Aston Martin’s iconic visual language. Styling cues such as the elegant waist, elongated side strakes and LED rear light blades are derived from the One-77 super car, while the folding fabric roof sits beneath a tonneau and decklid that have been aerodynamically tuned for optimum performance. Like its coupe cousin, the Vanquish Volante uses the latest generation of Aston Martin’s class-leading VH (Vertical Horizontal) architecture, a lightweight bonded aluminium structure that provides outstanding strength and rigidity.

Aston Martin CEO Dr Ulrich Bez said, “Vanquish Volante, like the Vanquish coupe before it, uses the very latest technologies employed in the very best ways to create a sports car which is easy to control, and to enjoy dynamic performance at the finest level. This is not simply a great-looking car – this is a great car engineered and crafted for the connoisseur by people dedicated to delivering exceptional sports cars with clearly defined characters.”

Aston Martin Press

9aslg9.png

idzn9y.jpg

2mx0kgo.jpg

25zm3pl.jpg

wlvm1u.jpg

dz8i6t.jpg

Last edited:
Well current model has only 3 more bhp and not much of a difference in gearbox.

It's a brand new 8-speed gearbox. Quite a change.

3 more bhp and more torque might not sound like much but the gearing and the engine mapping has been changed. Top speed has gone up from 183mph to 197mph in the Volante (201mph in the coupe) and other acceleration figures are down too so it'd make a noticeable difference.

Plus wouldn't you rather have the better version of the same car, even if it is a minute difference? Arguing against this sort of thing is how PD end up giving up 15 of the same Skyline.

This one has a 8 speed gearbox.

I recall what you saying on my Porsche Cayman GT4 suggestion that their isn't really a point in suggesting any car. So I don't know why are you suggesting another car on someone's post. Bit hypocritical.

GT had 15 or so skylines because it had accumulated over the past GT's when they tried add the new skylines from every year hence why most of them are standard. In fact you suggesting the nearly the exact same car is the reason why GT has so many duplicates of cars.

Last edited:
This one has a 8 speed gearbox.

I recall what you saying on my Porsche Cayman GT4 suggestion that their isn't really a point in suggesting any car. So I don't know why are you suggesting another car on someone's post. Bit hypocritical.

GT had 15 or so skylines because it had accumulated over the past GT's when they tried add the new skylines from every year hence why most of them are standard. In fact you suggesting the nearly the exact same car is the reason why GT has so many duplicates of cars.

There isn't any point in suggesting any car because PD don't actively just take the cars we want the most and put them in. They don't listen to us. Also we're never going to get Porsche unless something truly dramatic happens so suggesting Porsche especially is redundant. It's not a personal attack on yourself, just the whole point of this part of the forum. i still like to participate in the discussions of each car though. As for your suggestion of the Cayman I'd love to see it, but I was being realistic (some would of course say pessimistic).

Nothing changes the fact that if two cars are fundamentally the same, but one is better, even slightly due to revisions, then we should have the better car and you seemed to be opposed to that. Which makes absolutely no sense.

There isn't any point in suggesting any car because PD don't actively just take the cars we want the most and put them in. They don't listen to us. Also we're never going to get Porsche unless something truly dramatic happens so suggesting Porsche especially is redundant. It's not a personal attack on yourself, just the whole point of this part of the forum. i still like to participate in the discussions of each car though.

Nothing changes the fact that if two cars are fundamentally the same, but one is better, even slightly due to revisions, then we should have the better car and you seemed to be opposed to that. Which makes absolutely no sense.
Did I say I opposed your suggestion... No, I called you a hyprocrite for suggesting another car on someones post as you seem to oppose to any car suggestion. So please elaborate on why is there a suggestions page and in which some suggestion requests have been fulfilled?

Did I say I opposed your suggestion... No, I called you a hyprocrite for suggesting another car on someones post as you seem to oppose to any car suggestion. So please elaborate on why is there a suggestions page and in which some suggestion requests have been fulfilled?

Look back through my posts, check the ones I've liked too. I'm not fundamentally opposed to any suggestion but when certain ones don't make sense or other ones just aren't realistic at all I'm entitled to give my opinion on a public forum.

You didn't say you opposed my suggestion but 'Well current model has only 3 more bhp and not much of a difference in gearbox.' intimates that we should just have the one suggested rather than the better version of the same car.

The suggestion requests haven't been fulfilled at all. Merely just coincidence that cars have been logically added to the game and they've been suggested on here.

Ok fair enough, I didn't mean to pull an impression to oppose your suggestion but you came across as you instigating that you did not like any car suggestions to me.

Back