Automatic throttle blip when upshifting

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 4 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
For a lot of manual cars, the throttle blips exactly when the car shifts into a higher gear. It's visible on the throttle hud, and audible (92 NSX for example). The audible part bothers me a bit, because it doesn't sound natural to me.

In update 1.49, PD fixed being able to get on the throttle slightly before and after shifting up (the game presses the clutch then, I assume), which I'm very happy about. But this blip is still there.

Is this a bug, or is this some pro rev matching thing people do IRL?

I use a Thrustmaster T300 without h shifter and no clutch. For the clutch-users: does the throttle blip on upshift still happen when you are using the clutch and h shifter?

I have a clutch pedal but no h shifter, so mostly I ignore it and use the paddles. However I have tried using the clutch and paddles before, and when I do that it doesn't blip on downshifts, you have to do it yourself to even get in gear. I assume this is the same with an H shifter.

I have a clutch pedal but no h shifter, so mostly I ignore it and use the paddles. However I have tried using the clutch and paddles before, and when I do that it doesn't blip on downshifts, you have to do it yourself to even get in gear. I assume this is the same with an H shifter.
Does it also not blip on upshifts when you use the clutch?

Does it also not blip on upshifts when you use the clutch?
On upshifts the revs drop and it goes into gear, doesnt seem like you can "miss" on the upshifts but definitely happens on the downshifts if you dont blip. The clutch behavior in this game is a bit strange, it seems to act more like a switch you hit the clutch and you are in neutral until you pull a paddle or presumably move the h shifter into a new gear. It does not go back into the original gear if you let go of the clutch without doing anything, it stays in neutral. Maybe with an H shifter it would go back into gear, I cant test that with my current equipment.

On upshifts the revs drop and it goes into gear, doesnt seem like you can "miss" on the upshifts but definitely happens on the downshifts if you dont blip. The clutch behavior in this game is a bit strange, it seems to act more like a switch you hit the clutch and you are in neutral until you pull a paddle or presumably move the h shifter into a new gear. It does not go back into the original gear if you let go of the clutch without doing anything, it stays in neutral. Maybe with an H shifter it would go back into gear, I cant test that with my current equipment.
I don't know if the clutch is supposed to work with pedals, but that does sound like it works, but not fully correctly. Anyways, I hope PD will delete the millisecond blip on upshift when using no clutch.

Back