1713130631773.png

Very welcome as far as I'm concerned. brrrrrrrr brrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
why is nobody talking about it?
  • Audi vehicles will hit Automobilista 2 soon for the first time
  • They will be joined by Road Atlanta – part of an IMSA partnership
  • Visible tyre wear and enhanced particle effects in development
  • Version 1.6 and two DLC packs are on the way
  • There is also info about another new 7 manufacturers joining automobilista 2 (i think Ferrari and Lamborghini are pretty obvious ;) )

I talk about it here and there but I've already posted like 5 times in a row in this thread. 😂
Waiting to hear/read the other dev updates whenever that will be. AMS2 is in it's own universal time frame of non-adherence.

Last edited:
I know there’s not a lot of discussion here, but I started trying to play AMB2 on the PSVR2 now I have the adapter and one of the biggest issues I have is the floating menu screens are absolutely enormous. For those of you who play in VR, is there a way to reduce the size of the menu screens so I don’t get a neck ache trying to look around on the screen?

Greetings, GTPLANET AMS2 enthusiasts! Hope you're all doing great!

Exciting times—I've finally embraced track mods and wonder why I hesitated; it's a breeze, akin to car mods. If you haven't, I urge you to dive in! It's surreal we're nearing September already.

My sim setup? A sturdy wheel stand, Moza R5 wheel, and base pedals. I use a gaming/office chair, but since it rolls, I often swap it out. My display? A 55-inch 4K TV. Lately, I've pondered enhancing my sim racing experience. I'm a casual racer—sometimes a few weekend hours, sometimes none. The longest I race at a stretch is 2-3 hours. I'm considering a full sim rig (without monitor stands) or perhaps VR. I'm curious, does the Quest 3 mesh well with AMS2? I'm inclined towards a complete rig with a seat or a quality VR headset. Upgraded pedals and a shifter sound appealing, though I rarely shift manually in-game. Yet, there's something about manual driving in my truck—it connects you to the road. And ATS? It's my chill zone, cruising with music for a couple of hours. I'd love to hear your thoughts, fellow AMS2 players, on enhancing the sim racing journey.

Last edited:
I debuted in Automobilista 2 tonight! AMS2 is plenty impressive. Almost everything you liked about AMS1 is made better in AMS2. Only iffy elements to me are racing in rain, racing in darkness, and how you can only override liveries rather than add your completely original stuff. My only concern in getting AMS2 was if my processor would hold up. It seemed to work quite well except for the different situations I mentioned earlier in this post.

I am contemplating if I should get the full compliment of DLC. Otherwise, I am pretty impressed in my debut playing AMS2.

[UPDATE] I bought the AMS2 Season Pass recently. Now I have extra vehicles and tracks.

Last edited:
I'll go a bit rapid fire on Automobilista 2 based on what I've played.

For one thing, I'll say Automobilista 2 just takes the Automobilista experience several levels up. I think the handling is very good for a lot of the cars. I am even taking advantage of the handling characteristics based on my game pad setup and the driving aids I've set. In all of the years and games I've raced at Laguna Seca, something about Laguna Seca with AMS2's cars just seems to be a great experience. I was in kind of a groove when I did the Formula USA 2023 car (essentially a modern IndyCar) at Laguna Seca. Even before then, I had some fine moments with the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM and the McLaren F1. I also grew fond of the Sprint Race car and the Formula Inter car. I haven't raced karts yet in AMS2.

As for the tracks and the environments, I found it very entertaining and detailed. I was rather interested at how the date system works. The way I understand it, you could race on any of the available tracks based on weather conditions and such for certain times of the year. So for example, Daytona (oval or road course) is different in late January compared to around July. I even noted Fall/Autumn foliage when I raced Watkins Glen's GP course. I like how you can change up the weather to different conditions. You can go from a clear/fair race to an overcast one, light rain to a thunderstorm, different levels of fog, and haze. I never experienced any of this in any other simulation racer I've played prior to AMS2. I never got to play Project CARS 2, which AMS2 is based on, so most of this experience is brand new to me.

The game as a whole is amazing. My only concern is if my processor could handle most of the effects. Since it did fairly well, I went ahead and bought the Season Pass while it was on sale. I felt a bit sad at some of the modding potential about AMS2. It isn't like AMS1 or Assetto Corsa where you could easily introduce in standalone cars and liveries. You have to override certain liveries. So if you made your own GTPlanet Brazilian Stock Car, you'll have to replace one of the different liveries to override it. I'll learn how to make skins for vehicles in the game. They are also bigger than most of the cars I painted up for Assetto Corsa.

Also, I was glad I found a way to prevent showroom cars from being overexposed and light. Now the showroom view looks great for when I want to see vehicles.

I've been impressed with AMS2 from what I've played. Only things now is to get better settled in racing in it and even try my hand at making liveries.

Back