AUTOSAVE "feature" DELETES garage cars

• Thread starter Sik -S
  • 92 comments
My cars were STOLEN?! (All garage cars permanently deleted)

WTH! I go back to my garage after doing a little fiddling with the license tests and what do I see but 2 cars...one I earned for just getting IA license and the other is the F1 which I had previously. I should have about 40 cars in there. What gives? That's millions of dollars in cars and hours of time sent straight down the friggn tube! My status and money is still normal though and my diary doesn't show any events leading to the *THEFT* of all my cars. I think I'm done with this friggn buggy game. Might have to check out Enthusia. It must have less bugs than this.

A big 👎 👎 to Polyphony Digital!

im pretty sure if he had 40 cars he already knew that. i have 40+ so i hope this doesnt happen to me.

P Machy
Did you mess around with the Memory Card?

Don't try to back-up your game with a different memory card while playing.
I switched memory cards while playing and they "stoled" all my cars, that I had acquired from License Tests.

Need to Back-up at Browser screen.
The default screen when you switch on your PS2.

Sik -S
WTH! I go back to my garage after doing a little fiddling with the license tests and what do I see but 2 cars...one I earned for just getting IA license and the other is the F1 which I had previously. I should have about 40 cars in there. What gives? That's millions of dollars in cars and hours of time sent straight down the friggn tube! My status and money is still normal though and my diary doesn't show any events leading to the *THEFT* of all my cars. I think I'm done with this friggn buggy game. Might have to check out Enthusia. It must have less bugs than this.

well, I can't say I have had THAT many cars stolen...but I have had my Autobianchi(sp) from Beginners Sunday Cup disappear. I noticed it last night. I was looking for it since alot of people say it works well in the K-Cup, and it was GONE! :grumpy:

My diary does not show me selling it and I know I didn't. I'm just not sure what triggers the vanishing

Sik -S

Make sure you didnt sort it in a way that makes some cars look like there anymore. Make sure all the sorting options are back to normal view.

f1king
Make sure you didnt sort it in a way that makes some cars look like there anymore. Make sure all the sorting options are back to normal view.

.....now that you mention it, I do use the sorting alot

but why would that cause a car to disappear?

I was SURE that I bought a Chrysler 300C but then a day or so later I went to play it in 2 player mode but it wasn't selectable, I went back to check my garage, gone!

Im like wtf? I was SURE I bought one. The diary didn't say anything about me buying it thouh.

Well I remember sorting by MAKE and you know it makes the other cars just go away, so when I came back to the garage another time it still had the cars sorted by make only, so I just set it back to normal to get my cars back.

ModeflipX18
I was SURE that I bought a Chrysler 300C but then a day or so later I went to play it in 2 player mode but it wasn't selectable, I went back to check my garage, gone!

Im like wtf? I was SURE I bought one. The diary didn't say anything about me buying it thouh.
Well if the diary doesnt show it I guess this could be a real problem. Not just a matter of sorting.

jimihemmy
.....now that you mention it, I do use the sorting alot

but why would that cause a car to disappear?

I think he meant filter (rather than sort). The drop-down menu boxes at the top which allow you to filter by county, manufacturer, etc...
e.g. you set the country filter to U.S.A. and all the European and Japanese cars are "stolen" (i.e. hidden from view) from your garage (until you set the filter back to "all").
There's a text message at the bottom of the screen which shows how many cars are being viewed with the current filter settings.

BlazingDragon
I think he meant filter (rather than sort). The drop-dwon menu boxes at the top which allow you to filter by county, manufacturer, etc...
e.g. you set the country filter to U.S.A. and all the European and Japanese cars are "stolen" from your garage...

Yeah thats what I ment Filter.

I had the same thing happen to me the first night I had the game (Feb 22), I tried to post but I guess that was a pretty busy night on the board and it never got approved.

I was trying to make days go by in a hurry by entering a race and then quitting over and over to get to a car used car I wanted to check out. I think it might have something to do with entering an event or test too many times without exiting to the main screen. I had like 4 or 5 cars disappear, basically every car I had at the time except the one I was in.

Reminds my of the old GT2 mahcine test bug...

I have since tried to reproduce it, to figure out what happened and I haven't been able to, but I'm sure I didn't mess with my mem card.

I know about left/right/sorting...I guess it could have been a memory card issue. After I won the 24 hours Nurburgring I saved the game on the memory card and the backup memory card. So maybe saving = deleting and that is why they put autosave in the game? Otherwise I had some in-game digital criminals gank all the cars out of my garage. I'm not happy either way! I'm going to have to get my hands on someone elses save game so that I can try to buy the cars I can't win again. I go from 1/4 done to back to the beginning like that. *BAM*

Sik -S
I know about left/right/sorting...I guess it could have been a memory card issue. After I won the 24 hours Nurburgring I saved the game on the memory card and the backup memory card. So maybe saving = deleting and that is why they put autosave in the game? Otherwise I had some in-game digital criminals gank all the cars out of my garage. I'm not happy either way! I'm going to have to get my hands on someone elses save game so that I can try to buy the cars I can't win again. I go from 1/4 done to back to the beginning like that. *BAM*

Ya...that sounds most likely, a memory card thing from switching back and forth, etc. I've had one odd bug in my garage (one car was floating) but in almost 2 months playing the game I've had no others.

Best advice, since you have two memory cards. When you get a game to the point you want to keep your progress and or garage backup your game save to another memory card (in the PS2 menus, NOT GT4) and put that second memory card away (not in your PS2) so you can always fall back out that one just incase. That advice pretty much goes for any computer related thing. Backup your data and backup often.

BlazingDragon
I think he meant filter (rather than sort). The drop-down menu boxes at the top which allow you to filter by county, manufacturer, etc...
e.g. you set the country filter to U.S.A. and all the European and Japanese cars are "stolen" (i.e. hidden from view) from your garage (until you set the filter back to "all").
There's a text message at the bottom of the screen which shows how many cars are being viewed with the current filter settings.

I know what he meant....I usually sort/filter with the column headings right above your list of cars. No matter which I use from there, there is no reason for the game to 'hide' a car. They all have the same attributes to filter/sort by....and those that don't have a particular attribute (drivetrain on a few cars) it just shows -- instead of the value (ff,rf,rr,4wd)....

I don't even use the filters at the top! Hell, I didn't even know the ones at the top were filter until last night when I was looking for my car! :sly:

anyway, it doesn't really matter to me since I just reran the races to get the car back....

kensei
Ya...that sounds most likely, a memory card thing from switching back and forth, etc. I've had one odd bug in my garage (one car was floating) but in almost 2 months playing the game I've had no others.

Best advice, since you have two memory cards. When you get a game to the point you want to keep your progress and or garage backup your game save to another memory card (in the PS2 menus, NOT GT4) and put that second memory card away (not in your PS2) so you can always fall back out that one just incase. That advice pretty much goes for any computer related thing. Backup your data and backup often.

I do the same...make a backup when I turn on the ps2, before I even start playing

It's happened to me also. I lost a LOT of cars. :(

It's swapping memory cards while saving from the "HOME" menu that screws it up. I've tested it and done it since the original screw up.

If you wanna backup your game, you gotta do it from the PS2 "Browser" for it to work right. I've posted this on Gamefaqs and e-mailed the faq maker so he can add this in his next version.

I hope this helps.

BaronCAD
Don't try to back-up your game with a different memory card while playing.
I switched memory cards while playing and they "stoled" all my cars, that I had acquired from License Tests.

Need to Back-up at Browser screen.
The default screen when you switch on your PS2.

same here man... =( all my crapy cars where gone but my SS Trueno So its ok.. and i had enough money to get a audi A4 Touring Car To do my money Short Cut.
6 EZ steps to get your money back and still have about 500,000 Dollars left or about 200,000

www.geocities.com/phantomdracers In the news section. 👍

-TD

Talk about the BIGGEST BUG in this game. Saving causes your garage to become deleted! They need to stop selling this pos version and fix this stuff and replace all the messed up copies for everyone (yeah right). Sweet I wonder how much PD paid their programmers to add that "feature" in there?

Again a huge 👎 👎 and two feet too 👎 👎 to PD

Back