B-Spec Guide to Overpowering Competition

• Thread starter g4geisha
  • 141 comments
There's no fun in just easily beating the competition. Even on B spec.
I could care less if I win by 30 seconds on B-Spec. I'm not driving, and Bob is a complete moron. Try giving him a car with similar HP/weight as everyone else. There is no way you're going to win. It's frustrating when Bob drifts around every corner and breaks WAY too early, as well as not knowing how to shift or properly overtake someone half the time. I give him the most powerful car I have, start the race, do something that matters, come back 15 minutes later, and repeat. A-Spec on the other hand, I agree with you. There's no fun in destroying the competition in A-Spec, unless you're grinding.

I found a pretty decent Bob. The second racer I got. The first one is a complete moron. Took horrible lines at will and he spent more time in the grass or on the wall. He lost 7 out of 40 races and all of my cars were maxed out and some were 200HP better than the rest of the racers (I repeated the races that this moron couldn't win first-go).

I have a quick question since I'm a noob about B Spec mode. I hope someone on here can answer my questions. thanks!

-Is it easier to level up in B spec than A spec? I'm level 25 in A spec and the grinding is kind of driving me crazy. I hope B Spec is not like A spec :/

-Is it possible to do A spec and have B spec running as well or only one can run at a time?

- How many driver should I be training? I have one currently and he's level 2. lol

I still don't get how many of you guys has like 2 or more bobs with high levels with a high level A spec as well while it's taking me forever just to gain level in A spec alone.

There's no fun in just easily beating the competition. Even on B spec.
There's little fun to be had in B-Spec at all (and this is from someone who legitimately enjoyed B-Spec in GT4), and I'd rather give Bob a car that I don't have to completely nanny him with than one that I do.

Hi! I´ve just startet the B-spec and my driver has reached leve 5. The arrow indicating his form now is red and points downward. How do I make it turn upward again? What does the "retire driver" mean?

Hi! I´ve just startet the B-spec and my driver has reached leve 5. The arrow indicating his form now is red and points downward. How do I make it turn upward again? What does the "retire driver" mean?
Retire driver means delete driver, basically.
I've found the only way to make the arrow go back up is to give Bob a car that matches, not overpowers, the competition. He may not place first, but I think he gets "better" if you give him a better classed car.

Retire driver means delete driver, basically.
I've found the only way to make the arrow go back up is to give Bob a car that matches, not overpowers, the competition. He may not place first, but I think he gets "better" if you give him a better classed car.

Thanks! I´ll try that. Do you think it will make a difference if I let him rest for a while and use a different driver?

Bob can win in underpowered cars under the right circumstances , my Bob won the Japanese Championship (Extreme level 18 race) in an M3 with all weight reductions , carbon hood , ECU and Titanium Exhaust). He was giving away over 80 bhp to the competition , slower in the straights but he murdered them in the twisty sections he won on 1 track only (Suzuka) and finished 2nd place in the other 4 races . Crucially his form was in the Blue which meant i could keep hitting Increase Pace and he was full in the red for the entire race series , never making any mistakes , in the end he won the Championship by only 15 points but a win is a win and it's the first time i have had a win an underpowered car.

I have two B spec drivers Ed (E Saiz) is Lv 12 now (courtesy of my second driver!). Al (A Lucas) is I think Lv 6. I discovered I can let Al race in any race up to Ed's level which does give him some extra Exp. In levelling one driver the other driver also gains the same amount of Exp. Al has yet to lose a race due to using some RM cars. I did let him loose on the Clubman Cub in a stock '10 Camaro SS which he used to leave the other racers for dead.

My fully upgraded RM Suzuki Cappucino absolutely smoked the opposition with Al at the wheel. He seems very accurate and his character is cool with the arrow far over to the left (Ed's is about three quarters of the way to the left) which means telling him to speed up when he has settled down does not result in him getting hot and bothered.

For Ed and the truck race I fully modded a Tacoma which was pulling 180 at Daytona. He won both races fairly easily.

My fully modded E Type seems to handle the first Classic races easily enough. Just fixed the Body and Engine!

We need some alternatives to stealth/chrome line cars in these guides. Right now I'm finding the one over at PS3Trophies the most useful as it attempts to use as many prize cars as possible, saving you a ton of money.

I will say that the Dodge Ram that you use in the Sport Truck race can be used to very handily win the Muscle Car Championship. Particularly because you don't really have to worry about Bob sliding the tail out in every low-speed corner.

I used the Caterham Fireblade for British Lightweights , oil change , engine rebuild , upgraded suspension , ECU , manifolds and exhaust , won at London on the last bend of the final lap and destroyed the competition at TGTT

I just started Proffesional GT championship in the minolta. Lets see how long this takes.

For British lightweights I used an Esprit sport 350 with 1 weight reduction.

For trucks daytona I had to use a fully tuned F150 and then it was only 1st by less then half a second. I hate how they apply brakes right before the finish line.

So far Bspec progression is much better than a spec. I have only had to repeat a race once. I'm trying to keep my drivers all around the same level rather than have one awesome one and a bunch of crappy ones. I think my highest is 12, then I got an 8 and a 7. I rotate them based on the arrow thingys.

Trucks for Daytona, get the fully adjustable transmission and then go into tuning and turn the top speed up from 140ish to 200+. Easy win!

Muscle car series, moderately tuned Viper ACR 08 easy wins.

Lol brought down my 24" monitor from my office and hooked it up to the PS3. Playing B Spec while I'm watching Football. Great combination.

I did the Vitz race with a 160hp Yaris. (did it when bob was level 16) At level 16 I was able to keep bob max red almost the whole time. Most of the AI will kill themselves off, and if you overtake at the right times you'll beat it. I didn't pass the last guy until the final turn before the straight. Might have been easier with a full customize transmission, I only sprang for the close gear and I topped out at 108 half way through the straight.

As for the sport truck I did A-Spec with a used lightning, but I recommend the Toyo for the B-Spec. It's a good deal lighter and when tuned, makes laguna a cake walk.

Anyone use the 512 boxer on the Ferarri B-Spec? I'd use a different car but I'm not trying to blow more money since I already half maxed this car. Was able to out drive the Enzo on A-Spec, but bob usually finishes mid pack.

It's a great guide, but:
For the Muscle Car Event (Amateur) and Supercar Nostalgia you can also use the tuned Corvette that was used for the Eiger and Autumn Ring in the World Classic Car Event.
It totally destroys everyone at Monza.

OP says Minolta Toyota for supercar festival in Professional series.

I've tried using the R89C, Minolta Toyota, Veyron and ZR-1 in this race, my drivers always break to about 130mph and then get overtaken. They don't need to brake but they do, for no reason.

I don't see how this (or any car) can be used for this event, unless I'm missing something. I have 3 drivers of varying class - makes no difference at Daytona or Nurburgring, they can't keep it in a straight line on the Nurburgring GP circuit, get passed by Zonda, Enzo - heck even an Alfa Romeo 8C - overtaking a 900BHP Group C sports car that can do 230mph.....

Seriously...wtf - this mode needs a patch drastically, but it's quite addictive and I'm annoyed by that fact cos I keep going back to it and getting pissed off with it!

I used the Mazda Furai for the Supercar Festival (and later the Zonda R) I'd adjust the Furai for a slightly higher top speed, but other than that you're set. Make sure to keep your driver at a fast pace.

Any tips for GT All Stars? I I beat the same race with my fully speced 787B, but T.Kristensen (with his record amount of Le Mans wins) cannot seem to beat it. I usually get 4-2 every race. Its freakin annoying when he is about to pass someone and the backs off... sometimes getting passed in the process. Ugh.

I used the Mazda Furai for the Supercar Festival (and later the Zonda R) I'd adjust the Furai for a slightly higher top speed, but other than that you're set. Make sure to keep your driver at a fast pace.

Furai is perfect for that series

@Millross , if you can't stop your driver from braking at the turns then hold off in using your orders , wait until he starts braking and then hit Increase Pace , result should be that he hits the gas . he'll soon learn that he can go faster and doesn't need to brake.

Dang im sitting aspec20/bspec21 right now and am getting sick of the grind to 21 wish I could score it now it would help much and I also have nothing that can bspec "like the wind" anyone try it with the Veyron?

Ive tried like the wind with a max out veyron. fanstatic for the straight bits, rubbish for the corners. I cant even use it in a-spec, it just refuses to turn in

Man, the Furai is a winner - All the Bobs love it more than their own mothers....

Won me a fair few events that I was having issues getting gold on previously...

Anyone use the 512 boxer on the Ferarri B-Spec? I'd use a different car but I'm not trying to blow more money since I already half maxed this car. Was able to out drive the Enzo on A-Spec, but bob usually finishes mid pack.

I have a maxed out 458 italia and even if the only enzo in the pack starts last it will catch and pass BOB. Why is there not a defend button. Defend BOB, defend.

Looks like i wasted alot of money maxing a 458 when i should have just gone straight for an enzo. Inless you wanna wait ages for enough cash for one of the f1 ferraris.....

So how do we events where the cars limited (Lupo event, NASCAR, DTM etc). Anyways, the reason Bob needs such a over powered car is because he can only gain ground on the straights. He always brakes to early, lets other cars cut in front in corners.....................ya, basically, he wants to play nice because he is still trying to get his learner's permit.

I couldn't have said it any better. I get so frustrated watching my "bob" Brake early and exactly all the stuff you said.

I've given him the ZR1 Vette (RM) fully tuned in which I walk away from the competition on the US CHALLENGES but he can't manage better than 5th or 6th place... Do we have to not only give them a car w/200 more horsepower but also give him some idiotic setup?

I also hear of people having success in races my 'bob' has failed in. (The Historic Cup) I must have chosen the wrong bob. Mine is mid scale to start, he's lvl 23 and he's pathetic in any race where his car isn't completely and ridiculously outclassing the others.

I have a maxed out 458 italia and even if the only enzo in the pack starts last it will catch and pass BOB. Why is there not a defend button. Defend BOB, defend.

Looks like i wasted alot of money maxing a 458 when i should have just gone straight for an enzo. Inless you wanna wait ages for enough cash for one of the f1 ferraris.....

This is the reason why I ended up with an Enzo. I've completed this race myself with a slightly modified F430 but ofcourse Bob's sorry a** needs a lot of help. I A-Spec'd the "Turbo Challege" High Speed Ring race in the "Expert Series" worth 36,000cr. I already had 360,000cr in the bank so I repeated this race numerous times until I had enough money to purchase the Enzo. Earlier this morning I knocked out a few A-Spec races and had enough money to fully modify my Enzo. Right now as I'm typing, Bob just finished the "La Festa Cavallino" race beating the competition by 5.134 seconds. Although I spent a great deal of time and money, in the end I have a completed race as well as a bad a** car to mess around with in A-Spec. Hope this helps...

Using a RM'd ZR1 fully upgraded (needs oil change too....only putting out 865hp) in the Dream Car Championship right now. So far, my lvl25 B-spec driver absolutely dominated and won the Indy track and is just about done doing the same on the Monza track. No doubt he'll win on all the other tracks considering he is beating the compitition by by a huge margin in the first two. Prize for winning this is the Citroen GT Race Car.

Back