BAC Mono: What am I missing?

• Thread starter lilcat89
  • 4 comments
United States
Space City, USA
GTP_MPower
JetsE36
Everyone seems to love this thing…a lot. I must be missing something with it. I should love it. Lightweight, Naturally Aspirated, center seat, and being able to see everything working. I just can’t though. The brakes aren’t effective in the slightest, it understeers at turn-in, then snap oversteer if you so much as look at the throttle on exit. Also, the claimed “downforce” is nonexistent. So, what am I missing with the Mono?

Have to agree with you on the oversteer, the only way I beat the weekly race was using racing mediums and traction control on 3/4 along with FEATHERING the throttle on corner exit. I did notice by the last lap I was feeling comfortable and with some digging into the suspension settings I’m sure it could be a blast to drive. Definitely a tricky car to handle for sure!

Last edited:
Had no issue on sports hard tyres for the weekly. Tons of fun with it.

Brake early turn on hit apex and steady throttle out with some nice slide.

Once you get the knack it’s a fun car to chuck around. I also consider myself to be a very average driver on GT too.

Yeah I quite like it, wheel spin in 3rd though so it’s all about throttle application. I dont think it’s an aero car though, it’s got no front wing and a fairly cosmetic rear wing

It does have downforce, you can see it in the settings. It doesn't feel like it because of low weight. In GT7 less weight usually just means less grip so light cars don't feel agile, they feel floaty. A customisable LSD can help, though. Decreasing initial torque and braking sensitivity will make it feel more agile. Running acceleration sensitivity at 15-20 can help with stability on corner exit. If it's too difficult to drive, increasing the initial torque will make it smoother at the expense of some agility.

Latest Posts

Back