BATracer Livery Competition (Comp #17)

• Thread starter XGT Taipan
  • 506 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you appear from then Omnis? lol
Do you play the game?

I used to, but I just thought I'd design a livery for the hell of it. It's only backwards because of the Mizuho logo. Otherwise, I'd have to reverse the streak's fade and that would probably look like crap.

Well last night i was thinking it was between XGT, Jef and Sharky...but we have last minute entry. As per usualy i'll post some constructive feedback

DustDriver - interesting livery however red and white has been done to death on toyota race cars would like to see a more inventive colour scheme. also not a big fan on having a number placed on the brake duct at the front.

XGT - As per usual excellent quality decals wouldn't expect anything less from you. i personally found the underlying paintwork a bit on the dull side possibly needed a third colour to spice it up.

Sharky - Your liveries are really improving. Just one thing really think hard about your decal placement. The toyota logo at the front of the car is slapped right on top of a dirty great big wing.

Bram Turismo - Japanese graphics are usually bright and loud, this isn't. A few more sonsers wouldn't have gone astray either. take a look at a few of Sting's, XGT's or my own previous entries.

Bee - my 1st impression of the car is you got lazy with this one, IMO it lookes like the default yellow with some decals slapped on top.

Sting - As per usual again great quality logos, expect nothing less like with XGT. Not a fan of the orange vents or the orange thing at the front. Nice job on the underlying pattern, but think the diagonal stipes were no needed also a third colour would have helped spice it up.

Omnis - Great livery however it breaches a few rules of the competition. Whilst not obviously stated the car should not be flipped. Also the wheels you have edited are not in the yellow areas and lastly no shading is allowed. That being said i hope to see you entering future competitions as you are certainly a contender going by this car.

If i was to judge this purely ona the livery Omnis would be the clear winner,
but i think to keep within the original intent of the competiton for use in the game i'll be awarding this one to...

mr2.gif

Well done Sharky on a very improved effort, just keep in mind what i said in the future.

Hooray for Sharky. Well deserved and about time he won. Great job.

Omnis - Great livery however it breaches a few rules of the competition. Whilst not obviously stated the car should not be flipped. Also the wheels you have edited are not in the yellow areas and lastly no shading is allowed.

Oh, word. I didn't know that.

Omnis is deffinatley gonna be winning some comps after that but congratulations to Sharky on a well-deserved win!

Oh and I guess I wont be using Yellow from now on..
:grumpy:

yellow is ok but a different shade or at least not as a primary colour it looks too much like the basic template.

DustDriver - interesting livery however red and white has been done to death on toyota race cars would like to see a more inventive colour scheme. also not a big fan on having a number placed on the brake duct at the front.
I didn't pay attention really on the colors, i just thought the Kyosho logo was cool and used those colors for the rest of the car without thinking.

Sharky is away at the moment, and left me in charge of his BATracer account for the next month. Who's posting the next one? I want to win something, and already planned my combo.

Ok then... I resisted the temptation to post my R89C, and went with the original combo:

Car:

87volvo.gif

Volvo 240 Turbo

Main Sponsors: IKEA

Secondary Sponsors: Any - bonus for Swedish companies.

Sorry, just the idea of a Volvo + IKEA was too tempting ;)

Would've posted the DTM Mercedes 190E instead.

ohthehorrorbutitpwnsmt3.gif

Öhlins - Swedish suspension company
Ericsson - Swedish telecommunications company

and you have to love the Ikea trademark Allen key tools :)

the white diagonal line thru the white number box is a play on the volvo grill

VolvoIKEA.gif

I thought that since IKEA is an established brand, changing the instantly recognisable colour scheme would be suicidal. I've tried to drag the Volvo into the 21st century.

I'm having a really tough time trying to make MS Paint play ball, so I'm really sorry about it's crappyness.

Edit: Bollocks! Why did I leave the thread open without replying?
Now it looks like I copied. :-( I didn't, honest guv.

Edit II: Back to the drawing board :(

MrHat: I kind of disagree on the bright Japanese thingy, if you're speaking of racing that is. Though most are bright, some were made in black-red as well, like this one:

supra_advan_jgtc800.jpg

Most beautiful JGTC racer ever IMO...I agree on the sponsors though 👍

Thanks for that Bram. I might transfer that Advan livery onto an LMES car. lol

EDIT:

FINAL ENTRY

GrpAikeaVolvo.gif

Among the usual tire and engine parts suppliers are a few Swedish sponsors:

Tetra Pak - a multinational food packaging company of Swedish origin
SKF - is a Swedish bearing company
Husqvarna (H) - is a Swedish company producing a wide range of products from chainsaws to motorbikes.
Brio - is a toy company founded in Sweden
Volvo - jeez, I wonder.

Mine:

All Swedish Companies; left-to-right, top-to-bottom:

Ohlins - Suspension
Volvo Emblem
Ikea
Tele2 - Communications
Skanska - Construction
Vattenfall - Electricity
Brio - Toys
Trio - telecomm
Sandvik - Construction
Ikea
Securitas - Security
Haglofs - Outfitter/sportswear.

Too bad Ikea was the main sponsor. I was going to make a sick Hasselblad car. It was really tough making the Ikea logo fit, but I like what Sting did.

Cheers Marc. Although I think with IKEA, designers are severely limited in their options. lol

Eh? I won?

Can I post one up, even though Metar did? I have a great idea, and I'll post it tomorrow :)

Ok guys, I'd like to ask that in future we wait for the winner to return.

It's not really fair on Sharky that Gingiba has posted, just because he is taking care of his BATracer account. No offence Gingiba, but that has nothing to do with this competition. Now I have to come up with some way of rewarding Sharky without damaging the consistance of the competition.

So please, just wait. A day or two without a competition won't hurt anybody.

Sharky: The next win I have, feel free to post your combo. 👍

Omnis: Please keep colours plain without any shading (the game adds it's own shading layer over the top of yours - so adding your own will damage the overall quality), and only edit the yellow areas. Also, please keep your car facing the proper direction.

Omnis: Please keep colours plain without any shading (the game adds it's own shading layer over the top of yours - so adding your own will damage the overall quality), and only edit the yellow areas. Also, please keep your car facing the proper direction.

Jesus christ talk about picking on all the small things..

FINAL ENTRY

I don't know why, but Volvo and Ikea together remind me of hippy daisies and world peace. And of course I had to give the car Swedens favourite number.. 69!!! Woot! :D

btw, this combo sucked for the limitations on creativity. As you can see, pretty much everyone has the same idea. 👎

I talked to Omnis via MSN the other day, and he said he won't be able to give the next combo in case he wins - so I reckon that one could go to Sharky as well in case he wins?

Should I finish this one off, then? Most of the regulars already submitted...

There is no "shading" on my Volvo. What you see is a fade from black to grey.

Anyway, I'm in Arkansas right now, away from home. There is a computer here, but I will leave to California in a few days. I can post up my pick of which car we'll use until then. Otherwise, I'll post in here on the day I leave so that someone else may take over for me in case I win.

I'm just going to go and post my combos up anyway. (I couldn't resist)

Now, from my stillborn V8 Brute (Matt and XGT, this should be right up your alley) carset, a multi-choice comp.

*caution, four images follow*
v8fordfalconaubrutees3.gif
AU
v8fordfalconbabruteye7.gif
BA
v8holdenvxbrutebz2.gif
VX
v8holdenvzbrutegeneric0dm6.gif
VY

Major Sponsor:
Choice of:
Steinlagerlogo.gif