image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And my personal favourite :

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The Beauford kit car company was founded in 1985 in Lancashire (UK) and later moved to Stoke-on-Trent (UK). They use a combination of production parts including classic Mini body shells, GRP panels and various running gear from Ford's, Rover's etc. The Beauford is available in two main versions : the 2 door, or 4 door long body. I am here suggesting the long body, because I personally prefer it and I think that the proportions look more 'right'.

Now, the Beauford can be fitted with virtually any engine, but I am here suggesting one of the more popular and higher powered choices : the 2.9 litre, 192 horsepower Cosworth engine from Ford's Granada Scorpio (the Scorpio is also a popular source for the cars interior parts).

Specs vary depending on customer choice and parts used, but the base size is 5'6 wide and just under 16 feet long, and the road-ready weight is surprisingly low, at around 1,000kgs (thanks to the copious use of GRP).

Over 1,500 Beaufords have been produced to date, with body styles ranging from hot rod to wedding car, and I think that this classy motor would make a great cruiser on GranTurismo, whilst offering some of that vintage charm that the series currently lacks...

Last edited:
Back