Best Gr.3 for Spa 1 hour

Anyone work out the time multiplier for this race? I believe in Custom Race, we need to make the race 2.5 hours for the 24 hour cycle.

I'm using the Alpine VGT for the 1 hour race at Spa. Is it a good choice for grinding or is it too bad on fuel? Also, I never really know when it's best to use Intermediates and Wets. Should Wets only be used if it's constantly raining and the IM's post rain when the track is still slick but the rain has physically stopped?

I'm using the Alpine VGT for the 1 hour race at Spa. Is it a good choice for grinding or is it too bad on fuel? Also, I never really know when it's best to use Intermediates and Wets. Should Wets only be used if it's constantly raining and the IM's post rain when the track is still slick but the rain has physically stopped?
I never seem to use wets.

For me the IMs are good from 1/3 to 2/3 on the wet-o-meter thingy and by the time it goes over I am into another lap already or can see the rain is about to stop so just push on through. I am sure that you can go faster with the wets on that one torrential lap, but not sure it is a whole pit stop faster, so unless everything lines up and you need to pit anyway, I never find the moment to use them.

Car - I tend to use is the Lexus RC F GT500 (it's practically a cheat code when tuned as per Praiano's tune for it)

Strategy - laps 1 - 9 racing hard tyres and FM1. By lap 9 there's usually rain starting but refer to the weather radar as the Lexus will give 12 laps if needed

Lap 9 (or when the rain starts) - Intermediates and FM6. By moving to FM6 you are kinder to the tyres and it gives you flexibility for the early morning rain that can come anywhere from lap 18 to 21

Lap 18 or when the rain comes - Intermediates and FM1 to see you home. Sometimes the morning rain doesn't come so because you have been able to run deep into the race you can change on to racing hards

The weather map is your friend and by using that and your fuel maps it's easy to 2 stop the race. This and the Lexus means it damn near impossible not to win it.

My favorite car for this race is now by far the Audi RS 5, also using @praiano63 's tune. It is just perfect for this race, and the handling is sublime. Fits my driving style like a glove.

You can get 12 laps on FM1 so fuel is never an issue, and you should never have to pit more than twice.

I've noticed more variation in the rain patterns on this race lately.

Interesting discussion a few posts back about IM vs. wets. I probably use wets more than I should. Will have to experiment with this.

Not that it will matter. Gr.2 cars have a huge advantage on this race due to their extra fuel capacity.

To make it a challenge, I was thinking of trying the 911 Strassenversion since Praiano just put out a new tune for it - that thing guzzles gas like crazy, but it's fast.

This is still my favourite race and I do try to make my “grind” a challenge (or at least challenging enough that I need to stay focused and make the correct strategy calls).

The Priano tuned Porsche 934 with engine swap is the most fun I have here. Detuned to 77% on both ECU and Engine, and ballast up to 1,120kg, I am getting 690pp on RS and 670 on RH. It means I have every tire at my disposal and I enjoy the strat options.

A mix of FM2-4 on a lap gives you 4 lap worth of fuel so if you have a dry race or late rain, you have loads of options as long as you start on RH so you can 1 or 2 stop depending upon the weather.

I have done about 15 races now with this gorgeous car and each one has been very different. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
The OP was clear, he already has a Porsche 962 which is a cruising victory by 2 laps, he is asking about Gr. 3 cars... why, from a certain point, everybody decided to recommend cars that are everything except Gr. 3 cars (Gr. 1, Gr. 2, tuned road cars, engine swaps)?

Car - I tend to use is the Lexus RC F GT500 (it's practically a cheat code when tuned as per Praiano's tune for it)

Strategy - laps 1 - 9 racing hard tyres and FM1. By lap 9 there's usually rain starting but refer to the weather radar as the Lexus will give 12 laps if needed

Lap 9 (or when the rain starts) - Intermediates and FM6. By moving to FM6 you are kinder to the tyres and it gives you flexibility for the early morning rain that can come anywhere from lap 18 to 21

Lap 18 or when the rain comes - Intermediates and FM1 to see you home. Sometimes the morning rain doesn't come so because you have been able to run deep into the race you can change on to racing hards

The weather map is your friend and by using that and your fuel maps it's easy to 2 stop the race. This and the Lexus means it damn near impossible not to win it.
Yeah Group 2 cars are damn good.
Group 1 cars are also on par, but you will have to reduce power on them to be under 800pp,
But they're downforce levels make up for it

Here is a tip, Switch to FM5 as soon as the race starts.
Just work your way though the field.
You wont need to refuel at all.

Using a Group 1 car can also be done with 0 stops.

Back