Best Gr3 Car?

If you are looking for the one you can drive best with, it is the one you yourself feel the most secure with.

Generally it was about like this in online races (according to some YT)
Supra 18 for speed
Porsche for endurance on tyres
GT-R for cornering

Genesis has entered for speed also

The only ones I dont like are the Lambo and Audis.
The one I like most is the Alfa, though I am fastest with the newest AMG.

Ok, thanks for the info. What I was looking for is is one Gr3 car easier to drive, does it have good acceleration out of the corners, does it have the power in the long straights. Basically the overall car. The one that you go to to win a race.

garystevens

That entirely depends on BoP/the track. There's no magic car, and even in BoP, PD constantly adjusts it so...ultimately just drive what you want to.

The one that you go to to win a race.
As Tumek said and I tried to point out.
It depends on the track.
Faster tracks really bias towards the Supra 18 (or did in the past, I dont follow up on the recent BoP changes as I didnt play much in the past few monthes).
Tracks with corners often were biased towards the GT-R.

And then the most important thing is finding the car you can comfortly drive with, have confidence in, and practice the tracks.
This will bring overall better results vs other similarily non world-level skilled drivers than using a car that is supposed to be faster but you seriously cant stand.

I dont like the Lambo and Audis because (in my hands) they have a bad braking from high speed into mid speed corners (and have a tyrewear problem for me).
I do like the McLaren because it is overall easy to drive and has a pretty well overall balance of stats.
And the Alfa is my favourite just for its sound, and because I cant pull out any given cars full potential anyway.

The '99 GT-R, personal preference.
Yeah, personal preference for sure. That is statistically one of the slowest Gr.3 cars in the game, definitely in the bottom 10.

The GR Supra Racing Concept is usually the fastest car at most tracks in the hands of the pros, it's among the quickest in the game. The 911 RSR is a little slower over a lap but saves fuel better.

But like was mentioned earlier the best car can change from week to week depending on the circuit and the dominant fuel strategy, so just check what is high up on the leaderboards in the top 100 or what the people at the front of the grid are using, if they are all using the same car, then that car is usually a pretty safe bet.

Last edited:
Yeah, personal preference for sure. That is statistically one of the slowest Gr.3 cars in the game, definitely in the bottom 10.

The GR Supra Racing Concept is usually the fastest car at most tracks in the hands of the pros, it's among the quickest in the game. The 911 RSR is a little slower over a lap but saves fuel better.

But like was mentioned earlier the best car can change from week to week depending on the circuit and the dominant fuel strategy, so just check what is high up on the leaderboards in the top 100 or what the people at the front of the grid are using, if they are all using the same car, then that car is usually a pretty safe bet.
It used to not be, back in the Gran Turismo 3 days. I recall several times of sitting around with friends running split screen when this white and red stripe would blaze by. If you were lucky you could see the Loctite livery on it, or you could turn to my first wife to watch her bask in victory.
The car reminds me of time spent with good friends. I'm not sure about the car, but there's always room for the friends. :)

That entirely depends on BoP/the track. There's no magic car, and even in BoP, PD constantly adjusts it so...ultimately just drive what you want to.
Ok. Aren't the BoP races already have there setups set & you are unable to change any of the settings? I know that in one race I couldn't get about 4th place but after playing the game for a while again this time I was in 1st until I went off the track on the last lap. As far as the Gr3 cars that I have are currently the Corvette Gr3 and the BMW Z4 Gr3. I onlty got thouse to because I like driving them in GT6. I also like the Jag Gr3 maybe I'll try that car as well. I can't believe that I'm having this much trouble with all of the Gr3 races but I've only been able to win one of them so far. I know that I'm not the best driver but after playing the game again after not playing for a while to be this bad.

garystevens

Aren't the BoP races already have there setups set & you are unable to change any of the settings?
Offline that is correct, you cant change anything except for the tyres you use and brake bias.
Online there often is the option to change suspension settings to make them behave more like you prefer it.

Ok. Aren't the BoP races already have there setups set & you are unable to change any of the settings? I know that in one race I couldn't get about 4th place but after playing the game for a while again this time I was in 1st until I went off the track on the last lap. As far as the Gr3 cars that I have are currently the Corvette Gr3 and the BMW Z4 Gr3. I onlty got thouse to because I like driving them in GT6. I also like the Jag Gr3 maybe I'll try that car as well. I can't believe that I'm having this much trouble with all of the Gr3 races but I've only been able to win one of them so far. I know that I'm not the best driver but after playing the game again after not playing for a while to be this bad.

garystevens
Hey buddy.... Dude that's some funny stuff you said because it sounds EXACTLY like me with the frustrations of the BoP settings kickin' my arse of my sweet AMG ride ! I'm not the best driver but certainly not the worst...all in all...not too shabby but am having a heckuva time trying to podium for some serious infusion of Cash to get these million dollar jalopies. I mean really pisses me off !!

Back