Best money strategy?

• Thread starter Don Wakita
  • 64 comments
@cleanLX I’d say just go for it and most importantly: have fun! From my experience the lighter the car the better the fuel economy and thus time is gained staying out of the pits. If the weather plays along. I’ve had completely dry races I’ve won a no tyre nor fuel stops strategy on 1.49 in a Honda RA272 due to exceptional fuel efficiency. It’s also fun just gunning down the Mulsanne straight and pitting every other lap and chasing the leaders again. Let us know how it went.

Last edited:
Oh my... tried my 458 Gr.3 with aero/chassis/trans/diff tune (no added power)... and gained the lead around lap 6... rain came in, gained even more time on my way to the pit... only to find out I had no wet weather tires... tossed some racing sorfts on, and... ya... had to quit.
Purchased Inter's and Wet's, off to try again.
Too funny.

Last edited:
I’d say just go for it and most importantly: have fun!
I'm at Spa...
Sarth (Mulsanne straight) I can do with efficiency in any (of the few) Gr.4 cars I have... with stock power/engine.
Spa...
Oh man, I think the Ferrari Gr.3 might be as good/better than the Aston Gr.1... had a 1.5x second lead, and stopped on the last lap at the finish line to wait/complete... made a lot of mistakes and had several spin around-and-around wrecks in the wet, and still dominated, and got the CRB.
Going to go run another in the Gr.3 458 in hopes of a mistake free run.
Too much fun!

I’ve won it with a stock Gr 3 Corvette
I do have the Aston, Jag, 458 and RSR.
So, the Gr.3 cars I have - have all gotten me a few wins/each now (placed 2nd once in the 458, but was late at night and adult beverages were in full effect) - all with stock HP... The 458 is a weapon, the Aston is a sweetheart, the Jag struggles under breaking (may have to play with the tune some) and the RSR, while lacking top end, is simply an Angel... they have all logged laps in the 2.21.xxx range, the RSR has been my best with a 2.21.5x, albeit, had a massive tow on the front straight behind a Supra... the others can get there with-out a tow... doubt I have the skill to get the RSR there without the tow (while in race mode... maybe on a free run???)

Glad I found this thread, would agree with @Famine that Spa is my new favorite grind, and thanks to @ItsHim for convincing me to try "stock" Gr.3 cars.
Off to find the Vette now.

Last edited:
Back