Best Non-Electric Car for Vision Gran Turismo Trophy

• Thread starter Cowboy1963
  • 26 comments
United States
United States
What is the best NON-Electric car to use in the Vision Gran Turismo Trophy race?!? 🤔 And thanks in advance for your replies 😁👍

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best NON-Electric car to use in the Vision Gran Turismo Trophy race?!? 🤔 And thanks in advance for your replies 😁👍
Ferrari or Mazda for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, but can the Ferrari be “turned” down enough and still be a viable option? 🤔
Yes, even at 850 PP it's still fast enough, even when the hybrid battery runs out before the end (I really need to work on my lift-and-coast technique).

It's not the answer to this specific query since it's electric of course, but for people who don't mind that, the Audi e-tron is basically built to be a cheat code that race - it's just under 850PP, and it handles a lot better than the other electric VGTs (probably because it has actual aero parts instead of being styled like a streamliner).

It's what I always go to when there's a VGT race in the weeklies and it's not a week I want to try something random.

Yes, even at 850 PP it's still fast enough, even when the hybrid battery runs out before the end (I really need to work on my lift-and-coast technique).
🤔😲🫣🤪 About the whole lift and coast comment (me too 😉) and copy that, I’ll give it a go 😁

Okay, what the heck am I missing here?!? How do I get the Ferrari VGT down to 850PP?? 🤔😲🫣🤪😂🤣
Add a lot of ballast (I think mine has 150kg, the car is reasonably light to start so doesn't really affect things), reduce the power via the restrictor and/or ECU. I also run mine with sports tyres rather than racing ones.

Add a lot of ballast (I think mine has 150kg, the car is reasonably light to start so doesn't really affect things), reduce the power via the restrictor and/or ECU. I also run mine with sports tyres rather than racing ones.
Copy that, just out of curiosity……sports hard, medium, soft?

Copy that, just out of curiosity……sports hard, medium, soft?
Should be fine to use the softs and still get under the PP limit (not with my PS5 at the moment to check my setting sheet). No tyre wear in those VGT events.

Should be fine to use the softs and still get under the PP limit (not with my PS5 at the moment to check my setting sheet). No tyre wear in those VGT events.
Okay 👍 and thank you very much for all the info 😁 I’m getting ready for bed myself but will definitely be giving this elegant beast a try tomorrow.

I've always used the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT, myself. Specifically, I just give it a set of Racing Softs. It may not reach exactly 850 PP, but it does seem to always win each round, and by a very sizable margin.

Last edited:
McLaren VGT. Fantastic car. Handles like a dream. 800pp to 850pp races are a breeze with the McLaren. Also, if you're fond of the cockpit view (or PSVR2) you'll love this. Center seating position, with a fantastic wrap-around viewscreen. Basically a futuristic closed wheel/cockpit F1 car.

I've always used the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT, myself. Specifically, I just give it a set of Racing Softs. It may not reach exactly 850 PP, but it does seem to always win each round, and by a very sizable margin.
Really?!? With only 612 HP? What about the 1,000 HP Porsche EV that you know is going to be in that race every single time? (Or at least pretty damn close) 🤔😳🫣😂🤣 Are you saying it easily beats that one as well?

McLaren VGT. Fantastic car. Handles like a dream. 800pp to 850pp races are a breeze with the McLaren. Also, if you're fond of the cockpit view (or PSVR2) you'll love this. Center seating position, with a fantastic wrap-around viewscreen. Basically a futuristic closed wheel/cockpit F1 car.
Seconded this, slightly detuned; wonderful cockpit view, 9000rpm redline, great aero assisted handling

Just make sure it’s the ‘right’ McLaren VGT because the other one is an absolute menace 🤣

Really?!? With only 612 HP? What about the 1,000 HP Porsche EV that you know is going to be in that race every single time? (Or at least pretty damn close) 🤔😳🫣😂🤣 Are you saying it easily beats that one as well?
I just tried the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT for the first time today and won all the VGT events on hard difficulty; finishing 8-15 seconds ahead of 2nd place on average.

The Lexus is essentially a Gr.2 GT500 car with a hybrid system. My top speed was around 170 mph / 273 kph, which was not great. But, the Lexus outclasses the front-runner VGTs in braking, low speed turns and especially high speed corners.

Note that If you struggle to maintain momentum while passing slower traffic, you will struggle with this car. Monza was agony for me because passing was incredibly awkward there. Be prepared for snap oversteer in slow corners if you are aggressive with the throttle.

The hybrid system seems to deploy automatically, but you also can use the overtake button. How much energy the system recovers depends on how many big braking zones there are and how long and how numerous the straightaways are. I didn't use it much and did not see a big difference.

Fun car if you want a challenge and enjoy GT500 / DTM / open-wheeler handling.

Yep. Outclasses most of the high powered VGT cars due to its aero. By far my favourite and most used VGT.

Well thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate it 😁👍 Right now I’m having an absolute blast flying around in the Ferrari VGT 🤪😲🫣😂🤣 But will definitely be trying the other ones as well 😉 Keep On Racing!!!

BMW for me. I sold every other cartoon car and I kept BMW to do these challenges. Of all cartoon cars BMW looks the most realistic and not like is a space ship.

BMW for me. I sold every other cartoon car and I kept BMW to do these challenges. Of all cartoon cars BMW looks the most realistic and not like is a space ship.
It was basically a pre-production version of the M2, right?

I catch up the thread too late but as they say better late than never.

If i had to have only 2 VGT cars for the game and nothing else , Mazda LM55 gr1 and Bugatti VGT gr1 will be the ones period.
There's isn't a race that can't be won ,are very good and the most important?
Versatile and easy to use.

Of course i don't argue with any other proposal that other members mention here , they have their choices and reasons for that that i fully respect them.
Every time that weekly races bring up a race above 800pp , one of them take the responsibility to clear the event.
Also need to mention that i don't like that much those type of races and i deal with them as credits collector only.
When time pass, each player finds what suits better for him or enjoy it the most but definitely LM55 and Bugatti VGT are two options that are established in the game through the time as great cars among the field of all those futuristic " characters" called Vision GT's

If i had to have only 2 VGT cars for the game and nothing else , Mazda LM55 gr1 and Bugatti VGT gr1 will be the ones period.
There's isn't a race that can't be won ,are very good and the most important?
Versatile and easy to use.
For the Gr.1 Prototype Series, I use the Gr.1-spec version of the Hyundai N2025 VGT, and for the actual VGT Trophy event, I use the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT.
Also need to mention that i don't like that much those type of races and i deal with them as credits collector only.
For me, credits are for buying more cars to progress my collection, including VGTs.
When time pass, each player finds what suits better for him or enjoy it the most but definitely LM55 and Bugatti VGT are two options that are established in the game through the time as great cars among the field of all those futuristic " characters" called Vision GT's
Is futurism not the point of the whole VGT project? If it were up to me, I'd love to see Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and BMW create new entries. Plus, I could totally see the Jaguar VGT SV having an additional hybrid version that could go into Gr.1.

Last edited:
Back