Bizzarrini 5300 GT Stradale 1965

France
France
1965 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Stradale.jpg

Agreed Amac!

The pre-history of the car is interesting - In November 1961 tensions among the Ferrari management reached fever pitch over Enzo's management and the interference of his wife in the business leading to the " Palace Revolt" or great walkout. Sales Manager Girolamo Gardini, Scuderia Ferrari Manager Romolo Tavoni, Chief Engineer Carlo Chiti, Head of experimental Sports car development Giotto Bizzarini plus their supporters walked out and formed ATS. Ferrari was expected to fail, but young talent surfaced and they thrived. Bizzarini went on to work for Iso Rivolta where he was heavily involved with the Iso Rivolta car and the Iso Grifo. The Bizzarini was based on the Iso Grifo prototype. He left and formed a separate company was in his own name. Iso continued to develop the Iso Grifo and released a 7 litre version - as a child this was the car that I wanted, but I had to make do with a toy version!

Last edited:
Anything that looks and sounds this good ought to be seriously considered for the game. I don't know what PD's policy is for defunct manufacturers - they may prefer to feature cars from current automakers with whom they can develop a relationship - if that doesn't matter then it opens the door to many more possibilities including this one.

Bizzarini.jpg

very strange having the fuel filler cap in the rear window - presumably this is a competition model.

Latest Posts

Back