Black friday Amazon thrustmaster.

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 64 comments
no noise on mine that i can detect. interesting theory on the "notchy" belt, i like it. my notches have moved though, they are at 30,60 and 90 now. i just finished a session so i'm gonna leave it at 45 and see if its better tomorrow.

very curious about your autozone brake mod. i haven't installed the included brake mod yet, just rolling with the default for now. these pedals are already way stiffer than those on my DFGT

The noise is VERY quiet, least on mine. Definitely not loud enough to hear over the game.

On the noise. Yes. I believe it's just PWM (voltage being applied to the motor ON OFF ON OFF really fast) noise given the pitch and when it happens.

I am not saying you are making more off things than they actually are, but you sound a little like me in that you are super critical of things you buy and every little sound or wobble or whatever is cause for concern. I would recommend you try as best you can to enjoy the wheel. Give it a week and see how you feel. If you can't let it stop bugging you, you will never enjoy it. :) If it BREAKS, that's another story. I'm just saying, be careful not to worry too much about things like the fan being louder than you want or the motor making a little squeak, etc. I'm not saying it's bad to do, I do it as well. But if you concentrate too much on it, you'll end up having a hard time enjoying the wheel. :) Just my .02 Remember, this is speaking from experience! :D
Wise words indeed. I know I'm coming across as a grumpy git, but I am enjoying the wheel too!:lol: After all, I've come to this from 6 years of Driving Force Pro, and a couple of years of MOMO Racing before that. It's an amazing step up and I could write pages about the good stuff, but I don't want to bore you all to tears.

To be honest, if the notch off centre decreased a bit more, I'd be able to live with it. And I might be able to live with the noisy fan and maybe ask Thrustmaster for a replacement part if it really starts rattling. And I might take some emery paper to deal with these mold lines as another member suggested. Then I guess I could just wait for the pedal springs to snap...

It all starts to add up. A product of this value shouldn't have so many small issues, and the knowledge that I have received an early version and that there are better versions floating around does not sit well with me.

In particular, this post earlier in the main thread is very significant. Everything he says about his V.2 describes my wheel exactly. The poor quality, greyish, easily scratchable rubber, the really noticeable seam from the mold, the bare metal showing on the sides of the red centre strip, it's all there. These are minor observations about the rim that I could live with - it just confirms to me that mine is very likely to be from the same production run as his. He points out that those minor things have been addressed in the V.4, then crucially he says that the motor feels better too. And that is really not a minor thing. If the V.4 actually has a smoother motor feel that is suddenly a very big deal.

Last edited:
Ah yes.. I see what you are saying after reading that other post.... I ended up with a V3 which may be why I'm not experiencing any of the things Logiforce described on his V2, with the exception of the pedals which I modded. For instance, the lock to lock calibration stuff. Mine doesn't do any banging and is slow and steady. Calibrates dead center, etc. Phew I suppose. :)

V2 seems to sound like the one you don't want. Given this, raise heck man. :) Nothin' wrong with that. You paid a lot of money for it and you deserve to be happy. I realize this contradicts what I said earlier a bit, but I am in complete agreement on things just working out of the box. Believe me, it's something I have preached about with regard to another wheel maker for ages now...

I have to apologize though. I guess I didn't realize that there was such a difference between the V2 and others. It seems even mine at V3 has had these issues taken care of, minus the brake spring.

No apology necessary mr basher! :) I think we are both highly critical as you say, and I'm sure some customers would find the model I received to be acceptable, particularly if they were unaware of the existence of different versions.

Back