BMW M5 vs Mercedez C63 AMG. Battle of the four doors

M5 fully tuned with No spoiler and only a front lip... My fav car in my garage... going full down the 'Ring with that thing is just unmatchable!

theyre both great cars... i cant say which i prefer more... the M5 is more direct the C63 more of a hooligan.. but the look on my brothers face when my 875 horsepower C63 was right on his Veyrons ass down the mulsanne was priceless

I prefer the Merc, the Beemer has a nice engine but I don't really like BMW's, except for the E39 M5 and E92 M3. The Mercedes is nicer to look at and I prefer the sound.

Doesn't the C compete with the M3 and the E compete with the M5?

Not a big fan of new BMWs, I do really like the new Mercedes look though, and the engine note is nuts. It's like a just barely refined muscle car from Germany.

Doesn't the C compete with the M3 and the E compete with the M5?

This was my understanding of it. However I have an M5 that I got the tune from CGW Perfomance in the tuning thread and it is mental fun!! My c63 is stock but I imagine it will be just insane fully tuned

Well, allthough I like the M engines a lot for their refinement and sound, I LOVE the amg engines for their pure crazyness and brutality.

I have heard both cars in real life accelerating away with almost full throttle. When the M5 starts up its very unspectacular. It´s when it starts to accelarate and rev up that you actually hear the power.

A completely diffrent story with the C63. Its very bassy and thunderous from the start. And when it accelerated away (with a stock exhaust) it was pure madness. So loud and brutal.

To me the AMG are more like Lambos, and the BMW are more like Ferraris, if that makes any sense.

Plus the interior design from BMW went from great (e36 driver oriented cockpit) to absolutely cold and boring (recent models). Pretty much the same with exterior design imo.

With the mercs its pretty much the opposite. They get more aggressive and sporty with every generation.

I agree that the M5 is the more refined sportscar, but the C63 is definately more fun.

Here is a little video to proof my point:

Well I hve both tuned. Not major, by minor tunes. The c63 is a lot faster yet seems
to slide out the back end a little more then the m5.

I love my C63 AMG I got as a prize car. Okay, completely hopeless at most of the actual events, but very easy to get the tail out on a track and have some fun with it, in addition to decent straightline pace! Plus it's all shiny and chrome...:)

I don't have a M5 though...it's something I'm now considering adding to my collection however.

Surely in a thread like this the Audi RS6 should also be mentioned?

I love my C63 AMG I got as a prize car. Okay, completely hopeless at most of the actual events, but very easy to get the tail out on a track and have some fun with it, in addition to decent straightline pace! Plus it's all shiny and chrome...:)

I don't have a M5 though...it's something I'm now considering adding to my collection however.

Surely in a thread like this the Audi RS6 should also be mentioned?

The standard sedan version of the RS6 is the competitor for the M5, absolutely. Adding that car makes the decision more about RWD vs AWD I love the RS6 Avant, definitely one of my favorite cars. I love insane wagons though.

I think there is a previous gen M5, E55, and the RS6 sedan in the used lot. It'd be fun to take all of those around a track for a little comparo.👍

It goes like this...

C-Class = 3-Series
E-Class = 5-Series
S-Class = 7-Series.

Actually the E-Class is smaller than the 5-Series.

It's more like:

Mercedes C63 AMG (6.2L NA V8 / 481 HP / 443 LB-FT Torque)
BMW M3 (4.0L NA V8 / 414 HP / 295 LB-FT Torque)

Mercedes CLS63 AMG (5.5L Bi-Turbo V8 / 557 HP / 590 LB-FT Torque)
BMW M5 (5.0 NA V10 / 500 HP / 383 LB-FT Torque)

Mercedes S65 AMG (6.0L Bi-Turbo V12 / 604 HP / 738 LB-FT Torque)
BMW 760Li (6.0L Turbo V12 / 544 HP / 553 LB-FT Torque)

Looks like Mercedes AMG beats out BMW M easily!!!

Last edited:
No way in hell that c63 be compared to a 3 series. Big difference in power, and 3 series are garbage, minus the 330i. There us no way the c63 amg I'd made to compete against a 328, 325, 323, 320. Common knowledge
of BMW, 320 only 2.0litre way too low compared
to AMG.

No way in hell that c63 be compared to a 3 series. Big difference in power, and 3 series are garbage, minus the 330i. There us no way the c63 amg I'd made to compete against a 328, 325, 323, 320. Common knowledge
to AMG.

It's common knowledge that the C-Class and the 3-Series are in direct competition. So it's obvious the C63 AMG is made to directly compete with the M3.... And beats it hands down!!!

It's common knowledge that the C-Class and the 3-Series are in direct competition. So it's obvious the C63 AMG is made to directly compete with the M3.... And beats it hands down!!!

Yeah but M3 is faster in Nürburing.

You said m3. If you add that into equation thn yes I agree. But a regular 3 series is no where near an m3, therefore no where near a c63 amg. An m3 is different. A m3 is like an orange compared to a basket of 3 series apples.

Direct competiton no. Direct competion to m3 yes, not to basic 3 series.

to AMG.

The C *class* competes with the 3 *series*. Thus, the AMG version competes with the M version.
No one is saying that an AMG anything has comparable performance with a regular old 3series.

The C *class* competes with the 3 *series*. Thus, the AMG version competes with the M version.
No one is saying that an AMG anything has comparable performance with a regular old 3series.

No really? This thread is around the amg, check title, thus bringing up 3 series irrelevant. Bring up m, relevant.

No really? This thread is around the amg, check title, thus bringing up 3 series irrelevant. Bring up m, relevant.

My original post was that the C63 in question competes with the M3, not the M5.

Someone else agreed, and said that the C competes with the 3, as a class/series and that the E competes with the 5.

I'd say knowing what cars compete is relevant when comparing two cars.

My original post was that the C63 in question competes with the M3, not the M5.

Someone else agreed, and said that the C competes with the 3, as a class/series and that the E competes with the 5.

I'd say knowing what cars compete is relevant when comparing two cars.

To compare cars you must compare similar cars. That's like saying a
wrx sti is the same as a legacy. No. The legacy is a step up from
a
wrx, with an sti being higher then the legacy gt. So therefore, an m class is a step up from it predecessor( u know what that means right) the 3 series.

Back