Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Right Foot

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Depends on what's more confortable at the time

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Watching the NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup races at Watkins Glen gave me an idea for a question: When you brake, are you a left foot braker or a right foot braker? I thought since I have a wheel coming, I'd see what you guys are doing.

I use my right foot, because my clutch foot lacks the sensitivity my right foot has (and it feels more natural being as I was raised on manual transmission cars)

Left Foot. But probably only because I have a DFGT and not a G25. :)
If I had a G25 I would be using the clutch so I would brake with my right foot.

When I had the DFP I used my left foot, because left foot braking was pretty helpful and the pedal design pretty much requires it to be quick. On the G25 I was a right foot braker almost all of the time. And in real life I cannot use my left foot to brake at all. :lol:

ya poll isnt fair. left foot when im on paddles, and right when down shifting, and left when not down shifting.

I use my leftfood for braking, I use a DFP.
In real live I use my right foot. But I don't drive anymore.:nervous:

Left foot, both with my PC wheel and a mate's wheel that has a clutch pedal (ALWAYS using my left foot, only changing at the instant I hit the clutch)

In the real world though, I use my right, just because it's what my instructor taught me

I will only left foot brake when the situation needs me to have both the brake and the gas on, usually when I overcook the entry speed and I need to lower it, but don't feel like oversteering into a tree.

I always use my left foot. I have a bit more control with my left foot and it's able to get to the brake swiftly as it's not controlling the throttle as well.

I brake with my right foot in real life and use my left foot on the clutch... I'm way too used to this to do it otherwise while playing GT5P, even if my wheel doesn't have a clutch.

I use G25, clutch on (depends on the car though)
Both left and right foot for me.
Right foot - braking with downshifting, hard braking
Left foot - braking within a gear, easy braking, weight transfer, S-turnes

Depends on car.

If I'm driving a GT-R or Ferrari for instance I brake with left foot.
When it comes to cars such as Focus ST and BMW 1series where you have to use clutch I brake with right foot.

Back