Bristol Cars Rebirth - Bristol Bullet

• Thread starter Robin
  • 26 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So Bristol Cars who went bust in 2011 are now back from the dead with a concept car which was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and will be fully unveiled at some point before the end of the month. Today they released a teaser image. It screams Spyker to me for some reason, looks great, I just hope its not just hot air from another new (well kinda new) British sports car company.

unnamedlightened-750x500.jpg

bristol-cars-to-make-a-comeback-with-new-bullet-5306_14324_969X727.jpg

luc_8126.jpg

So why'd the original Bristol Cars go down?

The usual things...

- No one knew they even existed.
- Only sold by invitation.
- Cars were pretty prehistoric.
- Wanted high prices for them.

Where's that Mad Lib style fake British Sportscar ad?

Seems relevant.

downloadfile.png

Trouble is, the performance figures I've read on this are almost too reasonable compared to the derided British sportscar announcements we often get nowadays. 400 raw horses from a BMW V8.

The design itself is based on an old one-off development car known as the Bullet which basically amounted to a speedster 405. This one seems to be a modernised take on a classic similar to the Eagle, albeit in-house.

Last edited:
That press release is always golden. I especially enjoy the bit about just using glass fibre in the end.

I think the price is the most relevant part of that parody. These things invariably cost some ridiculous amount that puts it right in the middle of the market for some genuinely fantastic cars from established manufacturers. People are expecting the "new TVR" to cost about £120k for instance, which is in the ballpark of all manner of 911s, the BMW i8, Aston Vantage, Jag F-type R, AMG GT etc. Back when British small-volume sports cars used to cost half that of an established car but offer more performance they made some degree of sense, now it's no wonder the firms don't hang around for long.

I'd like to think that Bristol can manage it, and in fairness the company has always sold luxury cars that can command more money than say, a TVR could. If it's built and trimmed immaculately and gets down the road in a decent fashion I'm sure there'll be a market for it.

Not holding my breath though. And if I really cared about the Bristol brand I'd probably stump up the £50k or so that an old Bristol 405 saloon goes for these days.

A retro money-grab that I really don't see lasting too terribly long (a good thing as far as I'm concerned) if ever bearing any actual available-for-purchase fruit. I love early Bristols, and can even tolerate the Fighter as it had some retro styling but was actually a unique nameplate, but they probably should have died off long ago and never been considered for a revival.

I'll take this one thank you.

Mitchell+Motors+Bristol+405+DHC+Drophead+Coupe.jpg

I think it would look great if it had normal-profile tyres and nicer wheels.

I kinda like it, looks HUGE!

Probably needs different wing mirrors and more retro style wheels. It's literally like they are pulling an Eagle Speedster and are going after that market.

I kinda like it, looks HUGE!

Probably needs different wing mirrors and more retro style wheels. It's literally like they are pulling an Eagle Speedster and are going after that market.
A change of mirrors and wheels and this thing would be perfect. :drool:

Welp they seem to have changed the wheels for the final unveil... good looking car IMO but that leather colour is hideous, the early 90's called and wants it back!

upload_2016-7-29_23-20-0.png

upload_2016-7-29_23-20-22.png

upload_2016-7-29_23-20-47.png

upload_2016-7-29_23-21-10.png

upload_2016-7-29_23-21-48.png

upload_2016-7-29_23-22-23.png

We will see how many they make, probably 2 including this one! :sly:

While I can see what they're aiming for, this looks like some strange Z4 based homemade kitcar from the Questionable modifications thread. Or Will.I.Am's latest creation.

Back