<- BTCC -> Japanese Sports Coupé Cup - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 423 comments

Keep Spa DLC or replace with a non-DLC track?

• Keep Spa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Replace Spa with a non-DLC track

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently having the usual troubles getting in...
I got in - then disconnected... Joys of my Connection....

Some stupid defending out there tonight. If a car is up your inside you don't have the ****ing right to shove them off the road.

Some great racing tonight!
Good 2nd place to myself! :D

After further looking - the Invisible Driver (Weezy) took 2nd and I claimed 3rd! :P

Last edited:
Feel sorry for Yeratel as well. A night for DCs and hardware issues.

Sorry for the start delay tonight folks.

Just a general complaint from me:

-People need to be more patient the first few laps. If I ease off to not run into my forerunner, I get punished from guys behind and pounded all over the place with squeeze-through passes. I'm not against the occasional bump, but using it to dive through the inside and passing is a no go in my book. I see it happening all the time. I guess its do to the short race length that everyone is so impatient. Heavy damage racing would show most people what I mean with this.

-Practice the track! I seriously got brake-checked by almost everyone I was stuck behind at the 130R corner. Just a few laps or watching someone else could have shown that you need to ease off throttle at most going through there. I find it quite rude if I then get honked at while trying to avoid a major collision...

I will not report anyone for the incidents as most are not penalty worthy, but I still would ask for people to take this into consideration.

Cannot describe how angry I was in race one.

Comfortably in 2nd place, (my tv is fairly new so it has a auto switch off mode), racing along then bang your tv will switch off shortly message box pops up and takes up pretty much the whole bottom half of the screen , I can't see the dials/gears etc and can only make out the sky and part of track ahead.

I have no idea where the remote is so then I have to take of my gaming headset using one hand to shout out to my mrs to come down and press a button on the remote before it switched off. She's watching some **** upstairs and obv in no rush, running half a screen with no sound is pretty hard! lost of time but only dropped down to 3rd but I was so angry and just lost my concentration and dropped back further :( decided that my best plan of action was to finish last and claim pole for race 2 ;)

Happy with 4th in race 2 but will definitely be posting issues as some of what I saw (race 1) was awful.

Will prob watch the replays over the weekend tho as haven't got chance now. Is that ok?

Comfortably in 2nd place, (my tv is fairly new so it has a auto switch off mode), racing along then bang your tv will switch off shortly message box pops up and takes up pretty much the whole bottom half of the screen , I can't see the dials/gears etc and can only make out the sky and part of track ahead.

I have no idea where the remote is so then I have to take of my gaming headset using one hand to shout out to my mrs to come down and press a button on the remote before it switched off. She's watching some **** upstairs and obv in no rush, running half a screen with no sound is pretty hard! lost of time but only dropped down to 3rd but I was so angry and just lost my concentration and dropped back further :( decided that my best plan of action was to finish last and claim pole for race 2 ;)

I use a Samsung TV - and it does the same thing, so damn annoying! :P

Will prob watch the replays over the weekend tho as haven't got chance now. Is that ok?

Erm... I probably won't have chance to do the results tomorrow, so if you can do it Friday night so we can steward and get results out Saturday, that would be good. 👍

So my first race in a race series,

I have been playing GT5 since release, I considered myself a good driver as I became a bit bored on lobby's and wanted a challenge for quite some time so I found this,

I think I may have got too much of what I asked for, I barely stood a chance, I couldn't keep up to save my life lol,

Does any one here have any tips for me? I want to improve for the next race...
It is extremely challenging and competitive & very very professional, its been a great first time, Thanks guys! =)

So my first race in a race series,

I have been playing GT5 since release, I considered myself a good driver as I became a bit bored on lobby's and wanted a challenge for quite some time so I found this,

I think I may have got too much of what I asked for, I barely stood a chance, I couldn't keep up to save my life lol,

It is extremely challenging and competitive & very very professional, its been a great first time, Thanks guys! =)

With these cars you can carry more speed into corners then you believe. I found that out, I just went super quick in thinking I would crash and somehow I didn't, good front grip. Just about carrying speed throw the corners and going fast enough in.👍

In this series it really is just practice. The more you drive the better you'll get. Results will come with time.

Bear in mind you only signed up for this yesterday!

Other than that, make sure you hit the corner apexes, and don't take too much speed into the corners. Slow in, fast out (but not too slow in :P)

Feel sorry for Yeratel as well. A night for DCs and hardware issues.

Sorry for the start delay tonight folks.

Tell me about it... and at one of my favourite tracks...

You can check at the replay, my brake got stuck each time I braked, only way to unstuck was to force the pedal back with my foot. Because of that I got distracted and started messing brake distances and corner exits all the while tumbling down the order...

Just finished assembling the pedals back after cleaning the potentiometers (which I failed to do last time I cleaned them), lets hope it stops the spiking...

Happy with 4th in race 2 but will definitely be posting issues as some of what I saw (race 1) was awful.

Lol i thought u made a mistake under my pressure :D

Scania: cheers for ur podium u just joined and are about to outclass a veteran like me

Third: sure u were brake checked? I saw a few very bad lag at the start of the 2 races... Also if ur behind a very slower car its up to you to be careful... Those thayt rear end are always at fault, ask any car insurance ;)

Third: sure u were brake checked? I saw a few very bad lag at the start of the 2 races... Also if ur behind a very slower car its up to you to be careful... Those thayt rear end are always at fault, ask any car insurance ;)

Brake check might be the wrong term then, sorry. I meant that they hit the brakes full on entering 130R, it's not something you expect. Given the low power of the cars, you could only draft up to but not next to the forerunner depending on the distance at spoon. There where many occasions where I nearly plowed someone off because of it.

I know its the rear persons fault if he rear end someone, just on a racetrack I would expect that people not brake hard in situations where it is completely unexpected (hence brake checking). This issue is easily resolved by getting some laps in and testing the limits.

I could have just forced myself past on may occasions just I don't view it as clean racing, even if I lose time behind someone.

Seeing as Fuji is the last race, I might not play the kind guy for once and do as other do to me. I feel like the "clean" here is sometimes equal to that of the real life BTCC, where more than just paint is traded to make the pass. I feel that's how many pass here during the first laps.

Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, but I found yesterday a bit aggravating...

I broke before 130r because I felt it was faster then lifting. Plus if you are slipstream going flat really wasnt an option.

Third the more you drive with us the more you learn who and when you can try certain stuff with and ofcourse who to just stay away from .

I broke before 130r because I felt it was faster then lifting. Plus if you are slipstream going flat really wasnt an option.

I dabbed the brakes going in but I'd be surprised if I watched the replays and saw people scrubbing 20 or 30 mph off for it.

I never pushed into harshly the whole season and i always end up surrendering position to avoid crashes..

Yet i never surrender withoiut a fight, watch the battle amongst me and rolo!

I think that is the way a slower driver should defend from a faster one. No scraping no crashes and i defended against rolo until the end. I think he was lapping 1.29 in my draft while i was on the 30-31.

He was a gentleman driver too he could have pushed me wide or tapped me under braking like most do.

rolo912011
I dabbed the brakes going in but I'd be surprised if I watched the replays and saw people scrubbing 20 or 30 mph off for it.

Its a difficult corner to judge, but I did feel some where going very slow. Just have to adapt.

I'm watching the replays and I've gotta say new boys... please rejoin the track in a safe way and not do it on the apex of the corner so it hammers someone into the gravel...

Oh, and OldStig, another reason you might not have done so well was because you were on the wrong tyres :sly: Sports Mediums, not Sports Hards!

And thanks karsten :)

Last edited:
Back