Can anyone recommend some thick driving gloves?

• Thread starter moby323
  • 12 comments
There's a better title for you. Most of your text should go in the message, not the title.

Try cycling gloves. They're padded.

There's a better title for you. Most of your text should go in the message, not the title.

Try cycling gloves. They're padded.
I did try cycling gloves but they are only padded in certain areas and a significant portion of the palm is not padded at all and the fingers are not padded. as well

I’ve literally been using some yard gloves because the gloves on Amazon are all very thing. Thankz
What's your budget? Got a couple of ideas but don't want to recommend anything you can't afford

Then I'll recommend these Sparco Hypergrip sim racing gloves, which are exactly that price. I don't have a pair myself, but they seem pretty cool. They have touch pads, so you won't need to take them off to, say, use your phone or interact with a wireless keyboard's touchpad if you have one. Plus, I can personally vouch for Sparco's quality since I've used a Sparco racing uniform irl in the past

Last edited:
Then I'll recommend these Sparco Hypergrip sim racing gloves, which are exactly that price. I don't have a pair myself, but they seem pretty cool. They have touch pads, so you won't need to take them off to, say, use your phone or interact with a wireless keyboard's touchpad if you have one. Plus, I can personally vouch for Sparco's quality since I've used a Sparco racing uniform irl in the past
Thank you

Which model do you use

I use the air soft ones. Might even be like the “air soft stealth” or something. Honestly, I was just looking for the thinnest ones possible. I have pretty hardened hands from work and motorcycle racing, but since changing over to a high-torque wheel, the slippage was starting to rub the outside of my palms a bit.

But I know they make a lot of different kinds of gloves, and most likely you’ll be able to find something that’ll suit your needs 👍🏼

I did try cycling gloves but they are only padded in certain areas and a significant portion of the palm is not padded at all and the fingers are not padded. as well
I had some mtb gloves that was well padded. They dampen the ffb quite a bit if that is what you want. The thicker the gloves less feel. I use gokart drives and they work well for me when I want to Protects my hands or suede. Tried omp ks1 first but they was a bit hard like my current sparco better. Protects well and still get some feel. Stitching on the outside to increase comfort

What would you recommend for any large budget?
I've already recommended the Sparco Hypergrip sim gloves thanks to their touch compatibility, but since then Alpinestars has come out with some karting gloves that also have touchpads on the fingers. These Tech 1-K Race V2 gloves will run you $56 and should feel very similar to auto racing gloves. A* has a few more expensive options for karting (getting up to around $150) but the price difference really isn't worth it for sim racing imo

Back