The Big: (Sim)Racing Gloves thread

• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 147 comments
Well i like your gloves Logiforce but they do look like they'd make you sweat a little during long sessions. I want something just like those only more breathable

These are very breathable in my opinion though. They aren't thick at all and are only slightly warmer then without gloves.

Materials:
30% Nylon
30% Cotton
40% Suede

Also I am typing this message with gloves on a G19 keyboard.

p.s. Did anyone get the Hitchhikers guide tribute from Sparco? :P

Update:
I grabbed my Velleman DVM1100 multimeter to measure the temperature inside of the glove, but it stays at 36.8 degrees Celcius while driving. I hope this will help someone. :)

Last edited:
Richvw
Taken from the first customer review on Amazon

"I would not recommend them if your steering wheel is made from Alcantara as it will slip."

Hence I bought the Sparco Typhoon K-5 (see few comments back) gloves which do not slip. ;)

Carson79
How are you finding getting used to the gloves Logi?

I will be a little ironic here but they fit like a glove. lol
Of course a tad warmer then no gloves, but I really like them. They provide the right amounts of grip, I can easily feel buttons. Even the small ones on my Nikon D90 that I used yesterday aren't an issue. Typing is a bit harder on a G19 keyboard, but still doable. When it comes to feel through the gloves there is very minimal loss in my opinion, although due to the grip the gloves offer and the stiffness when new you tend to not grip the wheel tightly enough. This is something that reduced the feel from the wheel for me. Now the gloves are getting easier to bend my fingers in and so on it is much better and easier to grip the wheel more properly. My tip would be to how silly it may seem, but to wear the glove for an evening long and due things like grabbing a drink or typing with them. Just leave them on during these intensive finger movement jobs to break them in better and faster. The gloves will become noticeable more comfortable.

I will be a little ironic here but they fit like a glove. lol
Of course a tad warmer then no gloves, but I really like them. They provide the right amounts of grip, I can easily feel buttons. Even the small ones on my Nikon D90 that I used yesterday aren't an issue. Typing is a bit harder on a G19 keyboard, but still doable. When it comes to feel through the gloves there is very minimal loss in my opinion, although due to the grip the gloves offer and the stiffness when new you tend to not grip the wheel tightly enough. This is something that reduced the feel from the wheel for me. Now the gloves are getting easier to bend my fingers in and so on it is much better and easier to grip the wheel more properly. My tip would be to how silly it may seem, but to wear the glove for an evening long and due things like grabbing a drink or typing with them. Just leave them on during these intensive finger movement jobs to break them in better and faster. The gloves will become noticeable more comfortable.

That's good to hear, maybe they will go on my shopping list :)

In 8 hours I will be in Paris, where I can buy Racing Gloves?, what shops are recommended?

I'm intrested in Sparco Racing Gloves, Alpinestar, etc (good quality racing gloves)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Legendary Event
Thank you very much!!! 👍👍👍

I bought the Alpinestars Tech 1-KX, excellent gloves!

When I return to my country, I will post photos ;)

Really, thank you LogiForce!!

I am glad you found it!
I hope you will like the gloves as much when driving as you do when you just wear them. ;)

I will look forward to that review. They seem like really nice gloves. 👍

Legendary Event
Now I need help to buy the Buttkicker Gamer 2 in Paris, Orleans, Le Mans or Tours (it dosen't matter).

Is this okey?: http://www.globaeroshop.com/buttkicker-gamer_56_4443.html

In need to buy it in a shop (retailer, not online shop).

Sorry for offtopic and thanks for the help

Yes, that shop is in Paris. The price is good too.

Globaeroshop
7 bis boulevard de Picpus
75012 Paris
Tél. : 01 55 78 21 65

It is a bit away from the center in the area called Bell-Air. If you take the subway and get off at the station Bell-Air then it is right around the corner. Good luck!

Have a look at the map for more detail:

http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&cl...a=X&ei=CXHaT-DGHcnf8APJodiLBA&ved=0CBAQ8gEwAA

And also... Where I can buy the Go-Pro HD Hero 2?

I want to use it to film the 24 Hs of Le Mans.

If possible, I need to buy it near Le Mans, Orleans or Tours

I need to buy it today, because tomorrow is the race! :drool:

Thank you for all the help LogiForce 👍 :cheers:

http://www.thecornershopparis.fr/ne...hd-2-disponible-au-magasin-semaine-prochaine/

http://www.thecornershopparis.fr/shop/contact-form.php

the CORNER shop
25, rue Madame de Stael
92110 Clichy

Tel: 01 47 31 84 24
email: contact@thecornershopparis.fr

In Paris take the subway to "Mairie de Clinchy" then go North down "Reu Villeneuve" until you get to "boulevard du general leclerc". Here you take a route until you get to the round'a'bout. If you were in a car then it is the 3rd exit. Then on the corner of "Reu Madame de Sanzillon" and "Reu Madame de Stael" you will find the shop. Good luck. ;)

https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=25,+r...Hauts-De-Seine,+Île-de-France,+Frankrijk&z=16

ps. PM me next time with these types of questions guys. Especially if it is Off Topic. And btw, I have never been to Paris myself... wat is it like? Plus I can not read a word French either. :P Kidding, that question is off topic. So back to gloves. :)

I just received my FTS sim racing shoes. They feel great, but I've yet to try them racing. :)

They also match my seat nicely. :D

7565374932_eb24f10729_c.jpg

I got a pair when they first released and gotta say there way better than the water shoes I was using. Its been about a month of almost daily use with no signs of wear yet. I got the all black ones. :)

I just received my FTS sim racing shoes. They feel great, but I've yet to try them racing. :)

They also match my seat nicely. :D

I got mine a couple weeks ago and they threw in a pair of their racing gloves as well. Both the shoes and the gloves are on the small side. The shoes are stretching ever so slightly except the right one is hurting my big toe. The gloves are large and they are so tight I have a hard time wearing it.

many interesting choices of gloves!

I may go with a pair of the mechanix gloves since the price looks respectable. For people using these gloves does the FFB transmit well through the fabric? how is the grip? too much too little or just right?

I wear gloves in my real race car to protect my hands from fire. I would actually prefer to drive without them. We spend so much time and money trying to buy fire proof gloves that fit well but feel the most like you're not wearing any.

I don't wear gloves when sim racing for two reasons.

First, I don't have any fear of my G27 bursting into flames.

Second, I don't want to look like a tool. Are you going to wear a helmet and fire suit next just to simulate the clothing's weight on your body?

This post sums up my thoughts exactly. 💡

I got mine a couple weeks ago and they threw in a pair of their racing gloves as well. Both the shoes and the gloves are on the small side. The shoes are stretching ever so slightly except the right one is hurting my big toe. The gloves are large and they are so tight I have a hard time wearing it.

I ordered them .5 sizes smaller than the shoes I wear normally and they fit fine. My impressions so far is that the thinner sole and lightweight give a much greater feel of the pedals, allowing me to control my inputs better. I like them, way better than the running shoes I used to use.

Just thought I would throw this out there about gloves and alcantara after reading one of superbike81's replies on the Fanatec announcements thread regarding the somewhat OT discussion over there .

Besides, you are supposed to wear gloves with Alcantara anyways, makes it last MUCH longer when the oils and sweat from your hands isn't eating away the material.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7345109#post7345109

I have never had a problem with any of my alcantara-clad Fanatec GT3s (have had a few) or my CSR using bare hands. But I am in an extremely low-humidity environment in the SW desert.

Someone like superbike81 who is active-duty mil. currently stationed in Japan is in a much more humid climate. I lived there for many years, humidity is through the roof though the summer.

Just wondering if environmental humidity isn't a factor concerning alcantara wheels and bare hands. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
i think the main reason for using gloves is because we look cool... hahah :)

some people sweat more than others, and i agree japan weather is very very humitid.

but in the end some people (like me) are going to buy gloves just in case, while others just don't care or feel are needed.

is just a personal preference. im 100% sure i will be as bad playing with csw and gloves than with my controller. the difference... the fun :)

I ordered them .5 sizes smaller than the shoes I wear normally and they fit fine. My impressions so far is that the thinner sole and lightweight give a much greater feel of the pedals, allowing me to control my inputs better. I like them, way better than the running shoes I used to use.

That's what Mark? told me before I ordered, I think that's his name, that runs Fast Track. I do like them, They were painful the first few times I wore the shoes but they are stretching now and becoming more comfortable.

I agree with your statement about their weight and the thinner sole, they are a real pleasure to race with in that regard. I have a light weight slipper with a hard sole but they are much heavier then the Fast Track's are. Did you get the free gloves with your order?

BTW mine are the same color as yours :)

No gloves, I was one of the first 20 people to place my order for the shoes, so I got them for 40 instead of the usual 59? I forget what's the retail price. The gloves promotion came up when he got his first glove shipment which was after my purchase.

No gloves, I was one of the first 20 people to place my order for the shoes, so I got them for 40 instead of the usual 59? I forget what's the retail price. The gloves promotion came up when he got his first glove shipment which was after my purchase.

But didn't you state earlier that you just received your shoes? I have had mine for almost 3 weeks now. I actually missed the free glove give away by one day. When I placed my order I asked if I could still get the gloves and he did give me a free pair. Off hand I don't remember what I paid for the shoes. I have the statement on one of my upstairs computers.

But didn't you state earlier that you just received your shoes? I have had mine for almost 3 weeks now. I actually missed the free glove give away by one day. When I placed my order I asked if I could still get the gloves and he did give me a free pair. Off hand I don't remember what I paid for the shoes. I have the statement on one of my upstairs computers.

I live in Mexico... I have to wait for a buddy of mine to receive the stuff in the US, import them for me (he has to make several trips until he can get a fair importing price, bunch of crooks) and then, I have to wait until he's not busy and he can actually ship them from Northern Mexico to my home. I have to do this for every purchase. Not living in the US and liking sim racing is a total bitch. Even when I have to pay double shipping (US-US, MX-MX) it's still cheaper than ordering them directly. Not to mention some merchants refuse to ship internationally.

I actually payed for them more than 2 months ago.

Wow, I never realized the difficulties you have to go threw for an order and I thought we had it bad in Canada. Apologies to you Coxis

That's what Mark? told me before I ordered, I think that's his name, that runs Fast Track. I do like them, They were painful the first few times I wore the shoes but they are stretching now and becoming more comfortable.

I agree with your statement about their weight and the thinner sole, they are a real pleasure to race with in that regard. I have a light weight slipper with a hard sole but they are much heavier then the Fast Track's are. Did you get the free gloves with your order?

BTW mine are the same color as yours :)

Glad you guys are liking the shoes! Sorry the size is a little small for you...if you end up wanting another pair a size larger let me know and I will give you a good discount.
We are currently out of most of the medium to larger sizes but have another order due to arrive in a couple of weeks.
The glove promo was to get some feedback on sizes...nobody really has responded so I am assuming for the most part the sizes are correct??
The shoes are $54.95 and available on our website www.fasttracksims.com
You can keep up with these and other products on our facebook at www.facebook.com/fasttracksims

Thanks for the support!!
Mark

Last edited:
Back