Can anyone tell me if the Momo Racing(black) wheel works with GT4?

• Thread starter Rychiar
  • 44 comments
Stargazer
I have a Wingman Formula Force GP wheel that I bought for my PC years ago. It was sitting in my closet gathering dust until a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm using it all the time :D.

It works perfectly on the PS2 (I've NFSU2, Burnout 2, now GT4).

Thanks for the info, I have a Thrustmaster collecting dust also. I'll post the results after I try it out.

It's been really interesting reading about which wheels work and which one's don't. I own a Red Momo wich in my opinion is the best wheel (for the price) ever made. It's by far the toughest and feels the best. The only reason why I even got one is because some reviewer noticed that it happened to work for GT3. I got it and have since used it for both my PC F-1 sims and GT-3. To say the least I was very bummed to discover it will not work in GT4. The new GT4 wheel is nice and it seems like they used some of what they learned from the MOMO (red), but it's just a notch below the build quality. My two cents.
I can't believe Sony/PD/Logitech would waste their time to disable it.
Oh well.................. :dopey:

I have the Momo racing wheel and it works on Automodalista (sp) and great for pc games like GTR and GPL 2004. I'm hoping that Enthusia is compatable with the Black and Red Momo wheels, and greed doesn't play a part in the final outcome!

red FD3S
Because

1. It is expensive equipment
2. They use the same connector, and identify to the hub the same way (that's why it's called UNIVERSAL serial bus)
3. As much as the hardware vendors would like it, customers won't want to buy another wheel for each game that hits the market.
4. Other games lets the wheel work, for example WRC3 and WRC4.

In fact, the only reason I can see why it should not work is because PD/Logitech/Wingman disabled it so they can sell more GT wheels.

Those bastards.

I'm starting to hate the DFP and there is no way of calibrating it or anything.

Another sacrifice..

You probably will find that if any particular wheel doesn't self calibrate, it isn't supported by GT4. Which suprised me the most when I plugged in my Driving Force wheel. I had to calibrate and set up everything in GT3 with it. GT4 recognizes and calibrates the wheel as it loads the game.

My advice (as another ticked off red Momo owner): Go buy the Pelica Cobra II at Best Buy for TWENTY BUCKS! No it's not the quality level of the Logitech, and no it doesn't have 900 degree steering (not that I care since I've never had that before anyway), but it works great and I didn't have to fork over my hard-earned $150 to Logitech, which in itself was quite satisfying. :)

So, so far nobody has got neither of the MOMOs working with GT4? I've got the black one and no way I'm going to spend 140€ only for this game. I really do hope that there is going to be some patch for this crap, cos' I'm not going to even buy the GT4 before it will support MOMO Racing Force.

Hope you are now happy @ Sony etc. :)

Zamurai
So, so far nobody has got neither of the MOMOs working with GT4? I've got the black one and no way I'm going to spend 140€ only for this game. I really do hope that there is going to be some patch for this crap, cos' I'm not going to even buy the GT4 before it will support MOMO Racing Force.
Hope you are now happy @ Sony etc. :)

Well I did by a new PS2 just for GT4. And found out my black Momo doesn't work. I new there was a small chance that it would, but still I'm pissed. What's the whole point of having USB on a PS2 if it doesn't work.

What does happen is that the 2 lights on the Momo come on, and the wheel turns left/right when the PS2 boots. Guess the game just blocks it.

XLR8
Because thousands of potential GT4 buyers own a Momo Force? Just a thought :dunce:

Considering the hundreds of dollars people spend upgrading their PC's...or replacing their PC's completely...just to be able to play new games, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Sony and PD figured that GT4 buyers would run out and buy a new wheel despite already owning an older one. And before you say "but this is just one game", so was TES: Morrowind, Doom 3, Halo, etc., yet tons of money was spent to be able to play each of those games. There are people waiting for the specs to TES: Oblivion to be released so they'll know what they need to buy to run it; be it a new video card, new memory, or an entire new system. And let's not forget all the games rendered obsolete by the release of Windows XP. "But this is a console system." People on this very board have stated their PS2's can't run GT4 at all...that would tick me off a lot quicker than having a PC controller not work for a PS2 game, regardless of whether it worked on previous games.

Take a second to search for prices on the DFP...there are at least two online stores selling them for $100, not $150 if it's the money that bugs you so much. Personally, I'm using my handy little Logitech wireless DS2 controller. No wires, good response, and it cost me forty bucks...I can race wherever the heck I am in the room without having my rambunctious animals getting tangled in the cables and ripping it out of the console.

To each his own, I suppose......

Any wheel other than the DFP/GTFP and DF/GTF doesn't deserve to be supported by GT4. Really, only the DFP is worthy to be used in this game. No realistic steering ratios, no fun.

Back