Can Real Race Tracks be Added with GPS?

United States
Kentucky
barrett5
BarrettMopar
Does anyone know if actual tracks can be made into GT6 with the GPS function. For example I am near Kentucky Speedway, can I have a ride along there with the GPS app and put the track into the game?

I don't think there is a restriction for whether you record your data from a road or a track, so yea you probably can.

Does anyone know if actual tracks can be made into GT6 with the GPS function. For example I am near Kentucky Speedway, can I have a ride along there with the GPS app and put the track into the game?

We haven't seen the way it works yet, but you're probably going to be able to get the 2D layout of it if you're driving right in the middle of the track and stay away from any apex and curbs. Elevation might be recorded (how accurate is the altitude on a GPS these days?) but you're probably not going to be able to get the camber of the corners correct.

I would expect you could. Of course, I imagine the environment would be randomly generated. But, the road its self could be reasonable accurate. Unfortunately, all of this is speculation since we really don't know much about the GPS app and course generator since PD has thus far been very vague about all of it.

(how accurate is the altitude on a GPS these days?)
Depends on the GPS type. If you use DGPS then staying within a couple mm is possible, although such a system wouldn't be suitable to drive with a car around a track.

The GPS Visualiser has probably been programmed to ban specific coordinates, i.e. those matching real world race tracks locations. :P

Another nice feature would be if you could take an existing GT6 track and use it as a template to create a new track. This would allow you to play with different track configurations without having to start from scratch. One simple example would be creating Sarthe without the chicanes on the straight.

Another nice feature would be if you could take an existing GT6 track and use it as a template to create a new track. This would allow you to play with different track configurations without having to start from scratch. One simple example would be creating Sarthe without the chicanes on the straight.

Unlikely.

There is already a variation of Sarthe without the chicanes.

Latest Posts

Back