GPS Course Creator availability [Misleading]

• Thread starter Babylon7
  • 37 comments
But they had 3 FRS's at willow springs. :P The video PD officially released (I think)... the news page headline of the drifter, is an FRS. Scion is owned and operated by Toyota if I remember correctly. :)

It's possible that they have started using the new "CAN-ECU" in some of the NA market cars. I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Don't panic, guys. He's actually correct in saying that the "GPS Visualizer" will not be available in the U.S., as it's currently only compatible with a special version of the FR-S that's only being sold in Japan for now.

However, the GPS Visualizer is what I talked about here, it is not the same thing as the Course Maker.

From reading the article linked above, I don't think the author was at the Willow Springs event where the GPS Visualizer was debuted, as he's using the name interchangeably with the Course Maker. It also looks like he's assembled that article from content that he has read from various sources, as he links to my post and AutoWeek's post as references.

Although SCEA was clear that the Visualizer is only compatible with the Japanese FR-S equipped the CAN-Gateway ECU, they said nothing about any geographic limitations with the Course Maker mobile app.

Last edited:
"The Course Maker — coming out on iOS and Android sometime after GT6′s Western launch"

"players will be able to add scenery to the environment themselves after they upload their information."

That second line is promising news. I just keep getting more excited for this feature...

Don't panic, guys. He's actually correct in saying that the "GPS Visualizer" will not be available in the U.S., as it's currently only compatible with a special version of the FR-S that's only being sold in Japan for now.

However, the GPS Visualizer is what I talked about here, it is not the same thing as the Course Maker.

From reading the article linked above, I don't think the author was at the Willow Springs event where the GPS Visualizer was debuted, as he's using the name interchangeably with the Course Maker. It looks like he's assembled that article from content from content that he has read from various sources.

Although SCEA was clear that the Visualizer is only compatible with the Japanese FR-S equipped the CAN-Gateway ECU, they said nothing about any geographic limitations with the Course Maker mobile app.

Thank you. I thought all of us arrived in disappointment after riding the hype train since November 4th. lol

I thought Scion FR-S was the American and Canadian release what's known in Japan as Toyota 86. Confuse me that this feature is apparently limited to the "Japanese" Scion FR-S and won't be available in America where Scion FR-S is sold under that name.

Latest Posts

Back