Can someone explain the prize car system

There was mention of winning cars through some voucher system -- for prize-cars specific to whatever series you just participated in -- and that you can redeem for yourself or gift them to other players / friends.

If some of the prize-cars are treated anything like a handful of the ones in GT4, it stands to reason that prize-cars in GT5 that cannot be bought have to be either earned through race-series wins, or gifted from other players.

That's my understanding of it, though I could be completely off.

👍

Mh... It's a question I'd like to have an answer too... Unfortunately, I don't have the game yet :(
They'll deliver it to me on the 25th, I guess...

There was mention of winning cars through some voucher system -- for prize-cars specific to whatever series you just participated in -- and that you can redeem for yourself or gift them to other players / friends.

That would make sense... I remember reading that you can also gift cars, credits or parts, so being able to gift 'prize vouchers' would be a logical extension of that.

As a long-time Forza and GT fan I'm pleased to see GT adding more community-friendly features. With the way Forza's going it could be that GT5 will save me :D

When you win a cup. You'll get a car voucher. Then you go to car delevery and click the voucher if you want the car.
You can choose not to claim the car and then you can trade the voucher online I THINK.

My internet is down so can't confirm that.

I think the bigger question is whether you can win Prize cars again after you sell them. From what I've heard so far, it seems that you can only win Prize Cars once and events don't reset. So, does that mean you can't grind prize cars anymore...? Can anyone confirm? This is going to be one long game indeed.

Back