GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,057 comments
I've had some good races at Sardegna, mainly because I've been starting near the back of the grid, watching the carnage unfold in front of me, and threading my way past the wreckage!

It is one of my favourite tracks, but I'm very slow compared to others (including you and others on my friends list) - slow but steady seems to be working out in the races though 🙂
I've been starting my races near the middle of the pack, which is probably safe for me instead of being at the front. Being at the front takes a huge risk in faster people from behind you ramming you and causing you to run off-track in the sand. That is why I don't bother trying to get real low lap times because it will put me near the front depending on which lobbies I'm put in. Yeah, I'm a slow average driver too, you're not alone mate.

Last edited:
I've had some good races at Sardegna, mainly because I've been starting near the back of the grid, watching the carnage unfold in front of me, and threading my way past the wreckage!

It is one of my favourite tracks, but I'm very slow compared to others (including you and others on my friends list) - slow but steady seems to be working out in the races though 🙂
Bang on mate, I just stay away but I’m trying to give space (seems ridiculous I know) so ppl in front and behind don’t shunt me 🤬

And I went back to the Lamborghini because it’s stable for me, sorry @mellofello9 i just don’t get on ok with the Porsche even though I put my best time in on that

Last edited:
Those were some of the best lunch plans EVER, lol. P2/3 Start and P2/2 finish. Woo to the freakin' hoo.

First race was uneventful after lap 1, but was happy to make it through T1. Hit the brakes late and had to dive to avoid making contact. Opened the door and killed speed but was able to hang on 'round the outside:

Second run started with calamity...someone missed their brake marker. Made a mess of the joint but I somehow got through in P2. Was happy to stay there unchallenged the rest of the race. Lookin' like it might be a good weekend!👍

@brockie all good in the hood! The 911 just works for me and I've been finding more and more time in the thing. Was running laps between races and shaved three tenths off. Got three more to go, apparently:
Gran Turismo® 7_20241018130611.jpg

:cheers:

Those were some of the best lunch plans EVER, lol. P2/3 Start and P2/2 finish. Woo to the freakin' hoo.

First race was uneventful after lap 1, but was happy to make it through T1. Hit the brakes late and had to dive to avoid making contact. Opened the door and killed speed but was able to hang on 'round the outside:

Second run started with calamity...someone missed their brake marker. Made a mess of the joint but I somehow got through in P2. Was happy to stay there unchallenged the rest of the race. Lookin' like it might be a good weekend!👍

@brockie all good in the hood! The 911 just works for me and I've been finding more and more time in the thing. Was running laps between races and shaved three tenths off. Got three more to go, apparently:
View attachment 1398505

:cheers:

Awesome video dude - Porsche was my absolute mr reliable for ages but since the update the Lambo (thug car🤣) just seeems the most drivable for me. I’ll give the Porsche some laps on Atlanta 👊

I'll be honest this week has broken my love for GT quite a bit.

A "van race" with no DR a B race which is both a DR and SR killer on a great track to race AI but humans suck and a C race I can't technically get done in even my lunch break.

The only and I mean only upside I am going to take from this week is that I know how to get off barriers better and a collateral benefit that for the manu races tomorrow my lobbies will be less points but more pleasant...I hope.

What an awful circuit Sard A is for actual racing. The choke points are to tight and the amount of us that just finish better through attrition is crazy.

This is a week I will gladly move on from.

A "van race" with no DR a B race which is both a DR and SR killer on a great track to race AI but humans suck and a C race I can't technically get done in even my lunch break.

The only and I mean only upside I am going to take from this week is that I know how to get off barriers better and a collateral benefit that for the manu races tomorrow my lobbies will be less points but more pleasant...I hope.

What an awful circuit Sard A is for actual racing. The choke points are to tight and the amount of us that just finish better through attrition is crazy.

Mate I’m telling ya, gr4 sardegna would (might) have been a whole new story. I don’t know why they don’t just run hoppers for the greater field of classes on offer, not too many, I normally only do 1 race for the week, but some variety wouldn’t go amiss 🍻

I was feeling the same, but I put my nose to the grind stone, got my pace up on Race B, and I have had some great results in the past couple days.

That Genesis seems to work best (for me) with +2 brakes and shifting when the rpm meter is just past the "next gear" indicator. I think that's like 7000rpm.

Back