Can we talk about how improved the in game sounds are in GT7

I think they did better job for engine/exhaust sound compare to past iterations. But the transmission sound is still not good. Road car usually sounds like they got DCT (unless they're one of those very old classic cars), so it sounds somewhat weird for manual-only cars (like F50, GT350R, etc), as well as auto-only cars (Tundra, etc). Also, every race car has very weak transmission sound. It should be much louder.

Last edited:
I just bought the Ferrari F40 and the audio improvements of GT7 keep on delivering nice surprises. F40 rawness is pure ear candy, and the turbo effects poke nicely through in the audio mix. Suddenly I cannot wait to hear what the Sauber C9 and Jaguar XJR-9 might sound like. Hearing and watching cars in time trial replays is slowly becoming my favorite thing in GT7.

Is it just me or does Carrera GT needs that little howling sound and the GT350R needs to sounds more raw?

Overall the sounds are amazing though, quite a leap from my GT5 ear lol

I think there a little quiet,i have transmission noise,engine noise etc turned up,take the viper GR4,its so quiet.Doesnt sound like a race car at all,going through tunnels with some cars is too quiet aswell.Overall sounds with this game are better than previous but in my opinion nowhere near as good as some other games,Grid comes to mind.This is probably objective anyway as what sounds good/bad to one person may sound the opposite to others.Just my 2pence

Agreed, audio is epic.

I'd personally just love to hear more realistic and louder up-shift backfire cracks and pops.
About the only thing missing imo.

Edit: ...oh and the rumble strips and curbs need to be much much louder.
That was one of the first things I noticed when I went to watch the BTCC back in 1999 at Donnington Park.

Give us brake squeal/squeak to pls PD.

Last edited:
The sound of the Supra JGTC GT500 is amazing, PD really did a great job in improving the audio.

Agreed, audio is epic.

I'd personally just love to hear more realistic and louder up-shift backfire cracks and pops.
About the only thing missing imo.

Edit: ...oh and the rumble strips and curbs need to be much much louder.
That was one of the first things I noticed when I went to watch the BTCC back in 1999 at Donnington Park.

Give us brake squeal/squeak to pls PD.
Try messing with the audio options. You can set different values for engine and transmission.

Try messing with the audio options. You can set different values for engine and transmission.
Yeah I tried that, but there's just so many real life sounds I don't think they could recreate without actual real recordings.

However, I don't think the extremely loud (at high speed) curb stone/rumble strip sounds would be hard to implement.
Same for the exhaust pops/cracks/bangs, they are already there but need to be much louder, some in real life are like a Rifle shot, heard way above the car sounds.

Mostly in the replays these need to be louder.

Last edited:
Am I one of the few people that are having issues with sound positioning in the game when using 3D sound with Pulse 3D headset? My own car sounds about right and overall sound quality is great, but when I’m passing an AI vehicle and we are at about similar speeds the sound seems to be already coming from what appears to be behind my car, even though I didn’t fully pass it yet. Seems totally wrong and feels like there is some kind of lag or rather offset in 3D sound positioning. Like it’s trying to compensate for player car driving past quickly or something.

Ruins the experience for me! I’ve played with the 5 settings in the 3D audio setup, but it didn’t help. All other games I play have great sound positioning and that’s why it’s such a standout in GT7.

Wonder if anyone else has any suggestions.
I have the exact same problem but I am using Razer Nari headset.
hI think only in sport mode.

The sound location is just not where the opponent is actually located.

Might possibly be lag of some sort.

Last edited:
Overall sound is pretty good. But some V8s in the game are just way too quiet. I play primarily in cockpit view and a lot of the American muscle and AMG V8s are just drowned out by the road and wind noise.

Also, even with opponent sound turned all the way up, they're all still whisper quiet on my surround sound set up. The positioning of other cars on track feels way off.

Yeah, every day I'm pretty amazed by how good the vehicles sound in GT7. I've been doing a lot of driving in ACC on the side and that's one thing that kinda drives me nuts about it - the post-production quality of the engine sounds are nowhere near the levels PD are able to attain. It's like Kunos doesn't use any EQ or compression or any sort of post-work to make the sounds a little more pleasing to listen to for hours on end. They start tearing your head off after half an hour. The sounds themselves are captured well, just not processed to the same degree as GT7. And yes, I get that GT cars are supposed to be loud, violent racecars.

It's one thing to be able to capture accurate sounds of a racecar - it's another thing to be able to make it pleasing to listen to for hours on end while still keeping the unique characteristics of the engine note. This I applaud PD for, sound design is no easy task.

I honestly can't say enough good things about the sound design in this game, they did a stellar job. Maybe some levels could be tweaked here and there, but overall it's a chefs kiss.

Last edited:
When you are leading on the last lap of Nürburgring Manufacturer cup race night has fallen and your engine is drown out for a moment as you pass the night club bumping techno music.

Epic.

Last edited:
When I drive the Murcielago LP 640, this can be expected...

IMG_2481.JPG

Sound detail in GT7 is the best I've ever heard in a racing game. Exhaust pops reflecting from armco bariers while going down from Dottinger Hohe just blow me away- and with a metalic reverb at that.

Last edited:
I found I wanted it to be a bit louder against other on track noise. But it is cool.
What do you mean?
I have my sound set to Race Sounds and engine 3.0, transmission 5.0, other engines 0.0, tires noise -5.0.

And I’m on ps4 until my ps5 gets repaired. Should be even better on ps5.

Last edited:
The 3D sound option in the PS5 general options, do you prefer it enabled or disabled? I haven't switched and tested much but I think I prefer it disabled...
I'm using ordinary headphones.

Back