Canterbury, New Zealand Earthquake - 7.1 on the Richter Scale

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 41 comments
Toilet paper. Stick it on the back end and you can use the underwear longer. Just change the paper.

:dopey:

That's a crazy number of aftershocks... sure it isn't 2012 yet? Are you guys on the daylight savings annual calendar?

Good news! The water's been extensively tested and it's free of any bacterial contamination :D So water use is now unrestricted.

Still getting aftershocks some five days after the main quake... we've apparently had more than 200(!), and they start to really grind on you after a while. At first everyone was like "eek, aftershock", now everyone's "oh great, another 🤬 aftershock". 'tis very very annoying now.

That is good news. I'm glad you guys are digging out without major tragedy.

Good news! The water's been extensively tested and it's free of any bacterial contamination :D So water use is now unrestricted.

Still getting aftershocks some five days after the main quake... we've apparently had more than 200(!), and they start to really grind on you after a while. At first everyone was like "eek, aftershock", now everyone's "oh great, another 🤬 aftershock". 'tis very very annoying now.

You Kiwi's always complaining about your Earthquakes...Next you'll be using it as an excuse for the next time we beat you at a sporting event.

So far so good - most roads have reopened, as far as I'm aware the whole city has power and water (with the exception of a couple of nearby townships). Some of the condemned inner-city buildings have already been taken down, with others about to be demolished. Workplaces, schools and libraries have all reopened.

We're now getting about 1-3 aftershocks a day, so things seem to be settling - fingers crossed!

HI There

I am new to this site however the earthquake and the way people react to natural disaster's interests me alot. It is a true test of a countries government and it changes the mindset of everyone from taking life for granted to being alot more grateful for what they have (or had). I am compiling information on all the different things people need to do after an earthquake (both imeadiately and long term)in their lives in order to cope effectively. I would appreciate anyone's input on this. I have set up a page that will take your suggestions (see link below)and in return I will send you a free copy of my completed work.

http://earthquakechristchurch.blinkweb.com/

Kind regards

Back