Car acceleration bug/glitch.

• Thread starter red46
  • 6 comments
Hello,
I've recently purchased GT5 Academy edition, updated it all the way, installed everything on my HDD just to ensure faster loading times, since yesterday however a very annoying bug has showed up.

I was doing the vettel challenge and after failing it,I hit restart ready to go again, this time however after my car wasn't moving. My joypad works, when I push the accelerate button, the engine revs up as it should but car doesn't move as if it was stuck in neutral gear. The gear showing up on the HUD is 1st as I do use automatic transmission, but the car just won't budging from where it was placed. Eventually after 30 seconds the car suddenly started to move again.

At this point I restarted again as there was little to no point carrying on with that attempt, and the same thing happened. However this time after just 10 seconds the car finally was "released".

I tried to quit the race, quit the event, restart the ps3 to no avail, this bug now shows up in every kind of race with every kind of car. They joypad works perfectly with every other game and after testing it on the GT5 copy at a friend house, I can confirm it works good there too.

Anyone has any workaround/advice? Thanks

Other than a delete/re-install Im not sure what you can do & Ive never seen/had or heard of this glitch before.

This is really obvious, but check there is no red bar showing on your brake indicator, or that your handbrake is on (that's if it has a handbrake!?).

I had the same problem but my ebrake was just slightly on.. It didn't stop me but I actually posted a time for car on a drag thread during this time and it made me feel like a 🤬 .. It ran faster than normal do to inadvertently "E-Launching" ..I honestly wish I could find that thread from a long time ago to apologize.. I didn't realize it until I took my 344 MPH GT-One out and I only hit 320 then back to 310 then up again (so it was kind of flickering) . But yes the ebrake can be slightly on without showing the ebrake light on AND stop you, or it could be on slight less than that, with the light still NOT on and cause you to accelerate and launch harder.. In my case it was on a wheel, but you should Try a different remote?

I'm pretty sure with a DS3 when stopped you hold the handbrake button for like 3secs then let go it will stay on, but once you start moving it shuts off automatically

I'm pretty sure with a DS3 when stopped you hold the handbrake button for like 3secs then let go it will stay on, but once you start moving it shuts off automatically

Correct, though not quite 3 seconds, just a moment really :)

Back