car jumping

• Thread starter hally
  • 22 comments
I wish they'd get that out of the game. 'Realistic driving simulator'?! With that, to be realistic without damage, it ought to spin off the barrier. Jumping like that isn't even cool or funny.

yup there is a "flying mode", it replaced "drift mode" at the last minute because, and i quote from an unknown source in PD - "That ricey drifting was just too stupid to fit in with the style of the game, we believe that our innovative "flying mode" is a lot more own to earth hahaha"

so there you go

Oooh nice an F1 car in GT4. I remember in GT3 that you could have a certain setup with some cars and they would do huge continuous wheelies and spray sparks everywhere.

Hmmmm, strange things those "flying" cars...

However, the second picture (the '99 Toyota GT-One (TS020 in Japan)) wouldn't be too hard to get, as the flat-bottomed sportscars tend to "take off" in hums/jumps (remember the "Flying Circus" from the Mercedes CLR at the LM 24h '99? Well, it was not the only one, a BMW LMR flew at Petit Lemans-Road Atlanta in 2000 and at the exact same spot a Porsche 911 GT1-98 took off also when slipstreaming a Porsche LMP1...) I'd bet getting these types of cars taking off at Flugplatz or Plantzgarten shouldn't be too damn hard :D :D ).

what´s this GT-One doing there?...is it just flipping atm???on a straight line with NO hill or sth like that???...it has a front diffusor so it shouldn´t flip on a hill, too!!!...so wrong downforce(front -50, rear+100)????

GT-One Lover
what´s this GT-One doing there?...is it just flipping atm???on a straight line with NO hill or sth like that???...it has a front diffusor so it shouldn´t flip on a hill, too!!!...so wrong downforce(front -50, rear+100)????

Hello, GT-One Lover! I've been trying to figure out who designed the GT-One race car. Do you know the answer to that by any chance? It's an Toyota, but I'm pretty sure they must have worked with an European designer to come up with that beautiful car.

MadduckUK
yup there is a "flying mode", it replaced "drift mode" at the last minute because, and i quote from an unknown source in PD - "That ricey drifting was just too stupid to fit in with the style of the game, we believe that our innovative "flying mode" is a lot more own to earth hahaha"

so there you go

:lol::lol:

I heard a rumour from a PD insider that they nearly changed the tag to:
GT4 "The Real Flying Simulator"

a6m5
Hello, GT-One Lover! I've been trying to figure out who designed the GT-One race car. Do you know the answer to that by any chance? It's an Toyota, but I'm pretty sure they must have worked with an European designer to come up with that beautiful car.

His name is Andre de Cortanze, who, btw, also did a lot of modifications for the Pescarolo C60 -Peugeot featured in GT4.
As for its looks, let's say it's a mix of a Peugeot 905 Evo1Bis (another design by de Cortanze), a Toyota TS010 and the fabulously looking Allard J2X...

PS: I'm an anorak at Sporstcars and other motorsports ;)

Gil Abobeleira
His name is Andre de Cortanze, who, btw, also did a lot of modifications for the Pescarolo C60 -Peugeot featured in GT4.
As for its looks, let's say it's a mix of a Peugeot 905 Evo1Bis (another design by de Cortanze), a Toyota TS010 and the fabulously looking Allard J2X...

thats either great knowledge or great use of google :) back on topic (and what a topic to get back onto eh?) it seems like a lot of people are useing photo mode to snap crazy flying pics than actual cool racing pics. yo-yo's and pog's come to mind. hopfully it passes quicker than they did

Gil Abobeleira

Thanks very much! I just found it on google search, which I've tried & never succeed before, go figure!

I've always thought the GT-One is an beautiful design and I even have an Auto Art 1/18 scale of their #2 car in my apartment. I will look for the Peugeot in the GT4. Thank you again!

MadduckUK
yo-yo's and pog's come to mind.

"Alf is back!, in pog form!" you dont play with pogs anymore? my friend had the best metal slammer. yo-yos were banned from my school during their 15 minutes of fame thanks to a child smashing a light. yeah i always thought pagani was up to something ;- )

Photomode?

Can't you place cars anywhere, at any height, and at any angle?? That would easily explain this...

MadduckUK
thats either great knowledge or great use of google :) back on topic (and what a topic to get back onto eh?) it seems like a lot of people are useing photo mode to snap crazy flying pics than actual cool racing pics. yo-yo's and pog's come to mind. hopfully it passes quicker than they did

Hmmm... let me see:

http://www.ten-tenths.com
http://www.dailysportscar.com
http://www.mulsannecorner.com
Tons of racing books...

SO, no I don't try and find this infos on Google, as it's normally useless (if you want, I can tell you more things about Andre de Cortanze, the Toyota GT-One, the Sport 3,5 cars from the early nineties which were "coppied" by the Toyota engineers, and so on and so forth...)

Back