Car of the Week | Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10

I was going to have a huge writeup about the DBR9, but I'm too pissed off at the race I just had at Daily C to write my thoughts out properly.

Long cut review short:

Technology marches on, and the DBR9 hasn't really aged as well as I'd like it to.

Neutral.

I was going to have a huge writeup about the DBR9, but I'm too pissed off at the race I just had at Daily C to write my thoughts out properly.

Long cut review short:

Technology marches on, and the DBR9 hasn't really aged as well as I'd like it to.

Neutral.
I too taken this car to the Daily Race C and had a rough time of it. I do believe that the BoP restrictions have neutered this fine car and added weight to which it handles like a pregnant cow. I will give details....
I do not believe in quitting nor giving up on a task so I will try again tonight after I get home from work.
(Later that night....)
I got in the midnight running of race C, qualified with a 8min 50sec time. As I mentioned earlier that this car is neutered by BoP I found out I was right...
192b787bcb834-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_442791905808861_1729655882065.jpg

BoP added 89.3 Kg and killed off 261 horsepower and with this lack of power and added weight this car was heavy to drive and just didn't have the speed to compete, everyone was passing me!
I started in p8 and finished in p7 (due to quitters)
I honestly tried to give it a good go of it.

Last edited:
I must say that the attendance for this weeks lobbies are pretty weak, are people not liking the car or something?
Hey Aiko, please don't take the following comment as accusatory...

I just want to mention that your comment comes off as a little rude. We've had attendance issues every now and then, and usually bounce around a bit unless a really popular car comes along and attracts extra people. What matters to us is that the core members of COTW are still active and participating in the lobbies and thread.

I know y'all have had some issues here, so I'm just offering my thoughts as a bit of feedback, in the hopes that you guys can integrate better into the community after the dramatic few weeks we've had.

I must say that the attendance for this weeks lobbies are pretty weak, are people not liking the car or something?
With this group it really ebbs and flows. I've been with this group since GT5 when we were doing shuffle races. I believe it was GT6 era where we had the most people in our group. Since then we've had people move on with their lives whether it be marriage, kids, starting esport team and other commitments. We still have a core crew that show up ever Tuesdays and Saturdays that just enjoy each others company and racing.

If you have any ideas to grow the group to where it was let us know.

Latest Posts

Back