Carrera GT challenge...

• Thread starter 006r
  • 55 comments
Ehwazzat?

There are quite a few cars that have exceeded those benchmarks by now. Many of them costing hundreds of thousands less.

Yes but those aren't in the same class. Not everyone wants the fastest car. Some people want cars for the look, style, and to say they have it.

And the only cars that cost less and are faster are the ZR-1, Viper ACR. Everything else is more expensive, Not street legal, or aren't really meant to be driven on the street.

Maybe if Lewis Hamilton's dad is willing to part with a slightly beat-up CGT...

But I think a car like that is going to hold its value. I used to see a few of them driven around on Sunday afternoons, especially along A1A (a note to visitors!); I've seen a yellow, a red, and a silver one in these parts. To be honest, I haven't seen one on the road in a year or two, and we take a drive like that about twice a week. But I wonder if they're becoming garage queens, re-sold to millionaires/billionaires, or even "museum pieces", that are going to be locked away and only let out for rare occasions.

I think with that in mind, the rarity and sheer ability of the Porsche Carerra GT means its value won't depreciate much from its initial price, unless it's been used as a real daily driver (5+ days a week) or it was involved in a serious crash.

So...doubtful, but possible.

Of all supercars I've seen, I have never caught a glimpse or even better a tiny bit of noise of a carrera GT. Probably because it is my favorite. I've seen F40,50,60s, tons of lambos, tons of TRs and 355s, one FXX non evoluzione, 2 veyrons, panoz, Rufs, Mosler etc. But not one CGT.

Thanks for everyones help (those that made points and didnt attack me). Actually some of you have made very valid points that I will be thinking about. I will still continue my search, and to those who insult my intelligence without knowing anything about me and who think they know what I make... well you will always amount to nothing in real life because the only thing you have is trying to rip on someone you dont know on the internet when I guarantee you dont have the balls to say 1/3 of the things you blab to someones face.

Mods feel free to lock this.

Anyone who can afford to buy a CGT would probably have the car repaired if it was cost effective to do so. The chances of you picking up a CGT with it needing only minor repairs is slim to none. If by some small chance a complete loony decided to sell his CGT at an utterly rediculous price due to some minor repairs, I'm sure that a dealer (whether Porsche or private) would buy repair and re-sell before it even came onto the public market or auction.

You may find something for $100,000 but you'll probably need to spend the same again to get it back into shape.

Again...does no one read... Did I start this thread saying "Hey, this is going to be easy because they are everywhere". I know it's a long shot but its a dream. Thank you for telling me what I already stated and clearly know.

Again...does no one read... Did I start this thread saying "Hey, this is going to be easy because they are everywhere". I know it's a long shot but its a dream. Thank you for telling me what I already stated and clearly know.

You said "Do you think it is possible to find a Carrera GT for sale for $110000?"

And we have stated the reasons why it's almost impossible.

I think that by and large, posters in this thread are trying to help you to avoid making a horribly expensive mistake. After all, if you have, say, $150,000, and you source a damaged car for $110,000, but it's going to cost $50,000 to repair, you're stuffed. You've an asset that you can't sell on and can't use, so is worth nothing.

Your criticism of people who have responded to you is unwarranted, and psychologically interesting. But lay off it. You asked a question, it's been answered. Probably best to take the answers you've had and move on.

If you DO find a car that you can make roadworthy within your means, do please let us know.

Just out of interest I found this article relating to a damaged CGT. The article indicates that it was going to go on Ebay for in excess of $100,000. Bearing in mind this one was actually running.

Here is another one that actually spun off the road and has serious damage to the front end. Estimated repair bill according to the person who posted is $225,000.

$100,000 is alot of money to spend on a car and maybe you should turn your attention to other performance cars that you would be able to buy in superb condition, with no immediate risk to your investment.

Last edited:
My opinion:

Is very difficult to find a Carrera GT less than 400.000, but I found that one with light damage for sale in Los Angeles:

Porsche Carrera GT Light damage — 155,000€
Mileage: 4,500 km
Power: 450 kW / 612 PS

Feature Sets
ABS, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Electric windows, Immobilizer, Leather seats, Power Assisted Steering, Xenon headlights Vehicle Description
Light rear left damage Carrera GT. Only 3000 miles on the clock. Carrera GT silver with black intérior. The car was like new ! It is still in Los angeles. The price includes shipping to France or Germany. Price does NOT include VAT and import duties.
df4724ws4.jpg

dfc719tf8.jpg

e02519qf7.jpg

the link:
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=1

Thanks for everyones help (those that made points and didnt attack me). Actually some of you have made very valid points that I will be thinking about. I will still continue my search, and to those who insult my intelligence without knowing anything about me and who think they know what I make... well you will always amount to nothing in real life because the only thing you have is trying to rip on someone you dont know on the internet when I guarantee you dont have the balls to say 1/3 of the things you blab to someones face.

Mods feel free to lock this.
Blah, blah, blah, now I'm ticked b/c no one gave me the answer the I wanted.

That's all I'm seeing in this post. Go post this "challenge" on FChat or 6Speed, and I guarantee you, you will get the same answers.

My opinion:

Is very difficult to find a Carrera GT less than 400.000, but I found that one with light damage for sale in Los Angeles:

Porsche Carrera GT Light damage — 155,000€
Mileage: 4,500 km
Power: 450 kW / 612 PS

Feature Sets
ABS, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Electric windows, Immobilizer, Leather seats, Power Assisted Steering, Xenon headlights Vehicle Description
Light rear left damage Carrera GT. Only 3000 miles on the clock. Carrera GT silver with black intérior. The car was like new ! It is still in Los angeles. The price includes shipping to France or Germany. Price does NOT include VAT and import duties.
df4724ws4.jpg

dfc719tf8.jpg

e02519qf7.jpg

the link:
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=1

Notice that is 155k Euros. That is equal to $201,159 USD.

Just out of interest I found this article relating to a damaged CGT. The article indicates that it was going to go on Ebay for in excess of $100,000. Bearing in mind this one was actually running.

Here is another one that actually spun off the road and has serious damage to the front end. Estimated repair bill according to the person who posted is $225,000.

$100,000 is alot of money to spend on a car and maybe you should turn your attention to other performance cars that you would be able to buy in superb condition, with no immediate risk to your investment.

Hmmm... not bad... maybe just $25,000 - $50,000 in repairs... less if you just have someone mock-up a fiberglass front bumper for you. Too bad it's not on E-bay anymore... wonder how much it went for?

Hmmm... not bad... maybe just $25,000 - $50,000 in repairs... less if you just have someone mock-up a fiberglass front bumper for you. Too bad it's not on E-bay anymore... wonder how much it went for?

I read that it went for around $240,000. I don't think the description was very accurate, apparently it needed a new rear axle and several other parts aswell.

Ouch... so it cost the new owner a good 300k plus, huh?

One site said that he sold it for $250k initially but the buyer from Ebay didn't pay up, then it re-sold for over $200k.

I found one pretty badly crashed for 30K on EBay, but it would cost a TON to repair the whole thing. Plus, where are you getting 110 grand for a Carrera GT?

If someone's selling a C.GT for $30K, I'm willing to bet the sucker's totaled and beyond repair. Someone must be looking to sell parts in the wrong fashion.

^It's already sold now (what kind of idiot would buy something like that?), and it looked pretty screwed up. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new one in 2005 than repair that one.

Back