Cars setups!!! Where to find them... and... Help on doin it!!!

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 48 comments
Portugal
Seixal
zefthebestofcour
Sites with shared/saved setups (some may only be used with PC ACC Version..)

https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-competizione-setups.65/

https://accsetups.racing/setup

https://simracingsetup.com/setups/acc-setups/

How to do your own setup (guidelines):

https://sta.sh/01ombcsztncq

PDF Using RST (Racing Sim Tools) image shots, that came from the Official RST User Manual:
https://0d3a066b-92a6-41fa-b9fb-e808306e89cf.filesusr.com/ugd/4b2dc6_de77b69bcbe7425b93786e8d8c2477fa.pdf?index=true

Last edited:
You might find this interesting. Tortellinii on YT has tested many cars with the included aggressive setups on various tracks and these are world-class times. The aggressive setups are excellent and should get you within a half second or closer of your all out tuning potential. I'd highly recommend starting with them. If you can't go fast with the aggressive setups the problem is the guy behind the wheel not your tune!:)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDscumQmDSkqPTOFU3dBfSg/videos

I've been finding a need to add slow bump in front on the aggressive setup. It seems to give more front end rotation.
You can also try softening the front ARB's, adding a bit of camber and playing with the caster settings. In my experience on PC trail braking is critically important to get the cars to rotate into the corner and maximize turn in. It's a skill I was incredibly weak at until I ventured into ACC a couple of months ago and it's proving to be quite a time shaver.

Last edited:
Paid setups? Blimey. Each to their own of course but if the world record holder is using the standard aggressive setups, bit of a con that surely? Why not just help people for free like you guys are doing here?

Paid setups? Blimey. Each to their own of course but if the world record holder is using the standard aggressive setups, bit of a con that surely? Why not just help people for free like you guys are doing here?
Suppy and demand I suppose! For those that want their setups from a GT3 driver from the actual series (David Perel)

Suppy and demand I suppose! For those that want their setups from a GT3 driver from the actual series (David Perel)

Indeed. People would pay to have their arses wiped nowadays if someone offered it...

Still, shame on him for charging for setups. Sorry, it’s the last I’ll say about it as the morals of charging for setups isn’t what the thread is about, but if I were him, I’d use my position to help for free. I mean if you’re paying for a setup that X amount of people have also paid for, where’s the advantage?...

I picked the Porsche as my team in career mode, driving the 991 GT3 R. However, I can't keep her on the track with the aggressive mode setup. I started with the safe setup as a starting point and this feels pretty good (it's likely still a 'slow' tune but its fun and easy) at Zolder and Suzuka:

Tires:
26.3 | 26.3
-.1 | -.1
-4.2 | -4.2
8.4 | 8.4
26.3 | 26.3
.2 | .2
-3.4 | -3.4

Electricity:

Fuel:
35L (adjust as necessary, this covers a 20min. race @ Zolder)
Dry

Pit:
0L
Dry

Mechanical:
100%
52%
13,300N/M | 13,300N/M
1,000N | 1,000N
16 | 16
15,400N/M | 15,400N/M
500N | 500N
50 | 50
120N/M

Aero:
62mm | 60mm
17 | 0
4 | 4

I think that is all the settings?

Jerome

I also picked the Porsche. Only done Zolder and Brands so far, but not finding it particularly easy!

One thing I found with it is it’s easier to drive with more fuel... I was struggling to stop the rear coming round with qualifying fuel, but with 40l in the tank it was much more stable. Weirdly, it was then fine at the end of a race when the fuel load is low.

It’s definitely very sensitive to mid corner weight transfers!

As for charging for set ups... I guess he’s put a lot of time in to them, so he’s entitled to charge if he wants. Maybe if they were a couple of quid they’d make sense, but £25 for each car is hilarious.

I suppose my moral compass just doesn’t come anywhere near that. And wow, £25! Hilarious indeed. Expected the same, a couple of quid!

Anyway, I’ve found the same with fuel loads with the more unstable cars like the Porsche and the NSX surprisingly. Which makes sense really. Very partial to snap round on you in mid to fast corners if you haven’t got the balance right on entry.

The Bentley I’ve found to be the best mix of stable yet agile so far. The Lambo is also quite similar but a bit more prone to snap out on you on power, but still more immediately controllable than the Porsche or Honda. Still got lots more cars to try out! Aggressive presets I’m finding great so far.

Last edited:
I really find the Aggressive preset setup very good..I think it stands up well against anything..

Here's a good aid for set-up beginners;

Setup-guide-for-begginers.jpg

Anyone have a screenshot of all the letters in the upper screen? Or list out what each one means? I know it's about avoiding accidents, consistency, etc. But I just want more specific info.

Jerome

Anyone have a screenshot of all the letters in the upper screen? Or list out what each one means? I know it's about avoiding accidents, consistency, etc. But I just want more specific info.

Jerome
If you have the game, they're explained in driver profile.

PS4 Tuning livestream from Kryptic TMG. He's finding that he can't run the same setups on PS4 and PC:

PS4 Tuning livestream from Kryptic TMG. He's finding that he can't run the same setups on PS4 and PC:

Logical, console version is 8 versions behind PC version.
One of the the biggest physics changing is new suspension improvements in v1.3.10 and tyre improvements;

- New suspension bumpstop calculation.
NOTE: we advise to check your old setups by clicking at least once on the ride height and then controlling bumpstop window in the setup!
- Fine tuning of influence of wet surfaces at slipangle peak and aquaplaning, on slick tyres.
- New tearing feature on tyre wear if tyres are pushed way over their peak slip angle for an elongated time.
- Steer angle and clock added to shared memory.

And in version 1.4 they changed in phisycs;

PHYSICS:
- Improved automatic Setup UI system.
- Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
- Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
- Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
- Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
- Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
- Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
- Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
- Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
- Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
- Core engine work.

In version 1.3.12 they added also the 2020 season car liveries...so quite some changes and things missing still on console

Logical, console version is 8 versions behind PC version.
One of the the biggest physics changing is new suspension improvements in v1.3.10 and tyre improvements;

- New suspension bumpstop calculation.
NOTE: we advise to check your old setups by clicking at least once on the ride height and then controlling bumpstop window in the setup!
- Fine tuning of influence of wet surfaces at slipangle peak and aquaplaning, on slick tyres.
- New tearing feature on tyre wear if tyres are pushed way over their peak slip angle for an elongated time.
- Steer angle and clock added to shared memory.

And in version 1.4 they changed in phisycs;

PHYSICS:
- Improved automatic Setup UI system.
- Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
- Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
- Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
- Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
- Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
- Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
- Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
- Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
- Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
- Core engine work.

In version 1.3.12 they added also the 2020 season car liveries...so quite some changes and things missing still on console

That would explain it:tup:👍

I just found a bug, I think, at least for the Porsche 991 GT3 R. Or maybe it is intentional, I don't know. But anyone with a clutch should be able to replicate this issue.

I'm finding it nearly impossible to be consistent or fast if I set the assists for Clutch to Manual (engine start doesn't matter). As soon as that is engaged, all bets are off. In both instances (clutch manual or auto) I'm driving identically, lifting the gas and using the clutch:

- the car's brakes are 5x (guessing here) more powerful
- the car is super sensitive to bumps
- I'm 3-4 seconds slower
- I can't string together consistent laps

So, to test this, get in a car with a setup you like and can easily drive fast and consistently. Get some laps in, hit the garage and flip the clutch to Manual. Try to get within even 2 seconds of your best lap time :lol:

Since those Dave's Academy tunes are for PC only, I'll upload them here in case anyone has the PC version.

Jerome

Attachments

• Porsche 991 GT3 R.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I bought the Porsche one, but is for PC only, they are JSON files 👎 I tried opening one, there's some values I don't yet understand.

Jerome

I had to get a buddy to load them onto the car on PC and then give me screen shots of the settings menus, works great that way if you know someone with the game on PC. 👍

I had to get a buddy to load them onto the car on PC and then give me screen shots of the settings menus, works great that way if you know someone with the game on PC. 👍

I thought of buying the game last night. I guess I may as well do that, I want to see what 'Alien' settings are like :lol:

EDIT: Not 5 minutes after I buy the game, I get reply back from Academy Dave and he gives me this site to view the car settings. You can't make this stuff up! :lol:

https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/tools

Jerome

Last edited:
I bought the Porsche one, but is for PC only, they are JSON files 👎 I tried opening one, there's some values I don't yet understand.

Jerome
He said in youtube video , that there will be a consol converter for the setups on his site in a couple of weeks

Back