GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,314 comments
I jumped onto my old main account today just to see how my times compared to you all as my VR leaderboard only has four on it, myself included.

First thing, is that I can no longer drive flat screen, bumper view. Feels totally weird now, so I put the VR on. I was then able to beat my current PR. I tried the Huracán but preferred the GT-R.

I think I found my limit. A couple thousandths in my times and I can’t figure out how to get into the 25s.

View attachment 1387368

I was nice to see some familiar names. Bar the newbies, it’s gotten quite on the thread over the summer. Miss you guys.

Edit. Switch to my UK account and tried the Lancer. Smashed my time. Why didn’t I try this earlier?
View attachment 1387394

Edit.

Tried 2 races with the Lancer. Good TT car, but not for racing. Each race, started on pole and went backwards ending 6th or 7th. It loses out to the GT-Rs on the straight, though the euro lobby was pretty aggressive with plenty of side bumping, so that didn’t help.
What did you start in if finishing P6 or P7 is backward? I started in P11 if I was lucky with current time... 😖 I spent a total of 2 hours today (over 5 sessions) and was so annoyed as I matched my exact current PB 3 times and was close to improving (3 times by over half a friggin second) about 3 times but something always happens towards the end of the lap!

Was close to turning PS5 into a Nintendo DS towards the end so I shut it down and now watching River Monsters on repeat to calm down but still watching something manly 😂😅

Also, you need better/ more friends! Nice to see that I top your LB yet for me, I am sitting in P5 lol in my own friend LB for Sardegna this week 🫨

Last edited:
First time back racing in the dailies today since the HS Ring. I was a bit rusty to start with but with a decent QT for daily B gave me mid-pack start position. Had a couple of top 5 finishes then was handed a win by two A+ drivers on lap 4 as they took each other out.

Can't get a time out of the GT-R but the Huracán works well, I know I shouldn't but TC1 helps so much out of turn 1 and the right hander at the bottom of the hill.

191ce75dd0379-screenshotUrl.jpg
191ce7647b149-screenshotUrl.jpg

What did you start in if finishing P6 or P7 is backward?
Most of my races have been from pole. Backwards is all I can do, except one race that I actually managed to win.

That 1:25.7.. time must have been a total unicorn. No idea how I managed it. I tried on my VR account and while I improved it was still in the 26s.

How I found .4 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah, I gave up my perfection a year ago, now I just finish each race with whatever placement. I could careless about my Rank either. I'm actually finding the lobbies much easier and pleasant in the D rank, so I'll stay where I'm at for now.

Having been away for nearly 2 weeks it's showing in my times which is to be expected.

Done a few daily B races now and I like the touring car vibe.

I'm absolutely done with idiots though. They don't know they are idiots of course but are too stupid to brake before the car in front of them.

Surely to get to high B low A you'd know how to bloody brake before the car in front of you.

Knob rockets quite frankly and I don't even mind the close racing. Being pummelled from a concertina 6 cars back at t1 boils my piss.

Hi guys, noob question. 😝

How do I put videos in here?

I made a video and uploaded it to YouTube but then what, I’ve tried looking on the google search but not finding anything.

I don’t have anything great to share, but just wanted to be able to do it, like you guys 😁

Edit: so here goes, this is how my racing has been all Saturday, hard and fair ( just sharing to see if I can actually do it )

Edit: thanks @Famine I almost asked you how and where 🤣

Last edited:
I decided to use half of my last hour of freedom this afternoon before work to squeeze in one more Race C, given that I'll very unlikely participate again when I get home after 2am (we all know how that usually ends).

It proved to be quite the cursed race! Started 4th and I was happily keeping up with the front 3 for 4 laps, but I was struggling with dirty air and making no headway due to the pace of those Supras, so I ditched my Soft Tyres and unfortunately I ended up coming out of the pits right in amongst it, for one lap at least.

Between dealing with the later pitters and a fly (yes, an IRL fly buzzing around my head), along with my TV deciding to switch modes, and black out, mid-race (luckily on the start finish straight, so it didn't affect me very much), i really lost my cool. My second stint was atrocious, I kept losing the rear of the car, got a couple of wall-brush penalties and generally lost all my pace.

A decently well-known VQS driver was coming from the back of the pack, and he finally claimed my spot on the final lap, meaning a net loss of one position to finish this slightly frustrating contest in 5th.

Until next time, Bathurst (and Nemesis Fly).

I find the Huracán drivers the worse. Bunch of hooligans they are.
And that is exactly why I haven’t raced one before now, like BMW drivers in the real world 🤣 I’m VW for life

@newmedia_dev won’t take long until your back in the flow but just a bunch of wallabies ending up in your vicinity which is always a pain - form is temporary, class is permanent 👊

Hi guys, noob question. 😝

How do I put videos in here?

I made a video and uploaded it to YouTube but then what, I’ve tried looking on the google search but not finding anything.

I don’t have anything great to share, but just wanted to be able to do it, like you guys 😁

Edit: so here goes, this is how my racing has been all Saturday, hard and fair ( just sharing to see if I can actually do it )

Edit: thanks @Famine I almost asked you how and where 🤣

well done, very consistent lap times

by the way, it is possible to add you on my friends list?

I find the Huracán drivers the worse. Bunch of hooligans they are.
that hurts me
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

A decently well-known VQS driver was coming from the back of the pack, and he finally claimed my spot on the final lap, meaning a net loss of one position to finish this slightly frustrating contest in 5th.
To be fair the VQS and some of the RTR/AHR guys are playing a different game to most of us even at the sharp end they are that much quicker/smoother.

I think a 5th is a solid DR result mate honestly.

When Konsta can go from the back and finish on the podium for example in medium top split you kinda gotta just be okay with these things as much as it hurts

To be fair the VQS and some of the RTR/AHR guys are playing a different game to most of us even at the sharp end they are that much quicker/smoother.

When Konsta can go from the back and finish on the podium for example in medium top split you kinda gotta just be okay with these things as much as it hurts
Very quick indeed. And it's easy enough to be a casualty... unless you defend like a mofo for 2.5 laps, taking the defensive line, generally 'being in the way' and despite getting a healthy bump thru the last chicane still hold off by 0.018".
:D

You're right, Glen.

Even so, I had the pleasure of watching them in my rear mirror for the final 2 laps, just behind the guy trailing me and I nefariously hoped that they would battle and leave me to keep my place but as you said, some of those guys are incredible.

The Icelandic driver couldn't quite catch me so he really had no chance holding the VQSman off, the guy basically chose his moment and said seeya. I didn't even bother.

Edit: oh yeah, I made it home early so I'm going in for just one more.

Last edited:
Well, thankfully I took the GT-R for another drive at Sardegna this afternoon and after 12 laps, I reduced my time to 1'28.752. G.O.M. got a time in the very low 1'28.000's. So, I'm not far away from him, but I may call it quits since the races are going to switchover in less than 7-8 hours. I'll just do as many A and B races as I can before the cut-off. It's been a fun productive week though, I will say that.

What about you guys, how has your week been with the daily races?

Last edited:
My plan would be:
Use him as motivation to set a better QT. Watch the playback of the highest QT, and work at it for 30 minutes. That will likely accomplish two things: You will start further to the front, AND you will be generally faster on that track. In effect that should likely be raising your DR and he will stop being in your races.
That’s a great plan. Thanks for your input! My problem with this individual is that they run their DR way down to race with players well below their skill level. If the race goes badly for them, they just start wrecking everyone. I guess it is what it is and it’s just something we deal with. 🤷‍♂️

Great race week, terrible qualifying. Only had time to give a good nudge at Race B. Probably managed a dozen races over the week.

Best was a 1:28:6xx. always managed to bottle it during the qualifying laps trying too hard. Best race time was 1:27:3.

Mostly good clean racing except for one Lambo driver. I think they felt that I ran them wide, I made the apex while they were miles off. Nudged at the next corner, then the straight, then t1, then again before I held back to get away from them. Next race, same driver, 3 positions ahead. They hang back to ram me off right away. Next race, same thing. I ended up going for a run and came back to race which thankfully they weren't there.

I just wanted to begginer vent, but in a good way. I do have 2 question I would love help with please. Skip down to paragraph 5 and 6 if you have any insight.

I just started online daily races about 5 weeks ago, and I’m having a blast! I started the week before the Nurburgring C race, which was an awesome long event! I have always run just TC1 and weak abs, I made it to low C/ SMy time at Bathurst was 2:10, I would still have obviously developed.

This weekend I had some time and I decided to only run TC0 and weak abs (I think most run this?). And I watched a few of the top videos, huge help! First half dozen races on TC0 spun me down to D rightfully so.

Once I became aclimated and put it all together, it has changed my whole driving experience. Everything has just smoothed out on all fronts, much more stable approach than before. I continue to keep improving times and I’m back up to 2/3 C, S. Improving is good, but I’m also loving getting CRB’s. My best qualifier now with TC0 is 2:05.036. Which is awesome for me. The racing has been amazing, maybe I’ve been lucky but for the most part have had clean, tight, side by side races. Last 3 out of 5 have been crb! That always feels good.

?????So in the ranking screen I’m 16,037. Is there a way to see total amount of participants ? I don’t care about my rankings, I’m just curious as to how many people participate total??

???????And lastly this seems crazy to me… pretty much every race I see people getting 1 minute penalties at the end for presumably not pitting, or choosing the same tires? But I see this in D and C, often multiple people with the 1 minute penalty at the end tumble down the timesheet. Over and over, race after race I see this. Can you get a 1 minute penalty for some other non Pit related incident ? Having a blast !

Last edited:
Is there a way to see total amount of participants ? I don’t care about my rankings, I’m just curious as to how many people participate total??
I have been wondering the same. One slightly cumbersome work-around (if there is no such info - as it seems) would be to have a spare account that you would only use to set a ridiculously bad QT. Then that should be a the very bottom and thus show the number of participants.

Well, thankfully I took the GT-R for another drive at Sardegna this afternoon and after 12 laps, I reduced my time to 1'28.752. G.O.M. got a time in the very low 1'28.000's. So, I'm not far away from him, but I may call it quits since the races are going to switchover in less than 7-8 hours. I'll just do as many A and B races as I can before the cut-off. It's been a fun productive week though, I will say that.

What about you guys, how has your week been with the daily races?
Didn't do any Daily races. Just grinding money to buy the 20M-McLaren for my last menu

For the first time I think in GT7's life, it looks like we have a Gr.1 meta that isn't "919 for corners, 787B/R92CP/Sauber for straights".

It seems it's balanced like Gr.2, where you absolutely want a modern car but all the modern cars are somewhat competitive.

Except for the GT-R LM, that's still a joke, don't pick that one!

At least it's not Group 3 or 4 cars. Group 1 cars get the job done much faster. So, I'm okay with the selection of races this week. So, which Group 1 car will you guys choose for the challenge?

At least it's not Group 3 or 4 cars. Group 1 cars get the job done much faster. So, I'm okay with the selection of races this week. So, which Group 1 car will you guys choose for the challenge?
So far from the practice sessions I did, I find the GR010 to be the optimal car for the race.

But being that it's going require me some practice in driving the car first, I'll have to pass this daily for today and for now I'mma do Fuji.

This is a rarity for me but I like the three selections of tracks and cars. So you know it's gotta be a good week. Perfect car and track combos.

@Mert160 Yeah, I'm getting burned out from the Group 4 races too, it's just the same rig amaro. Well, I better get my tail moving and start qualifying at Race A, then I'll work to B and C. That's the plan.

Latest Posts

Back